[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/ I have either a choice to get a s&w 586 (pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: DSC03366-L.jpg (56KB, 800x381px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03366-L.jpg
56KB, 800x381px
Alright /k/ I have either a choice to get a s&w 586 (pic related) or another gun at around $600. Don't own a wheel gat yet, but still looking at other options. I thought briefly about an AK or FAL (DSA?) build but I don't know jack shit about either of those really.
>>
That looks fun to shoot, get the revolver
>>
>>33942324
I don't buy hillary hole guns so as far as new manufactured guns I'd look at a 4" GP100 or SP101 instead.
>>
>>33942324
this is like saying i'm looking at a pick up truck but i like a 5-series BMW too.

i'm going with the wheelgat
>>
>>33942324
Get a Ruger GP100 instead if you want a revolver.
>>
>>33942324
Yes, I would. I own an new 686 Plus and it's fucking great. Also, don't worry about the hillary hole bullshit. The whole lock activating under recoil thing is an urban legend that no one has ever proved. S&W even added an extra strong spring to the lock to make sure that doesn't happen.
>>
>>33942875
My refusal to buy guns with a hillary hole has nothing to do with any perceptions about their reliability and everything to do with what it represents. Fuck supporting anything gun grabbers advocate.
>>
>>33942324
I have the 586 and my buddy has the GP 100. I love both of them to be honest. The 586 has a nicer trigger and looks sexy but the GP100 is the absolute shit in dbbl action. You can't go wrong with either one. I will say the 586 bluing is a bit fragile.Its very easy to accidentally mark.
>>
>>33942375
>>33942875
>>33942943
what the fug is a hillary hole
>>
>>33943640
It's the lock on new production S&W guns. It's there because S&W folded to gun grabbers. When the community turned their back on them they were bought out by the company that makes the locks for some ridiculously low number like $15mil.

Check out this thread:
>>33941902

Now imagine that instead of waiting for a law to pass S&W just decided to go ahead and make all their guns have 10lb trigger pulls to try and kiss the gun grabbers ass so they would leave them alone. That's what S&W did with the internal locks. Fuck a hillary hole.
>>
>>33942324
Ruger Security Six. Predecessor to the GP100. I own one, it's a great gun.
>>
>>33942324
Was rucking in selection this dude black out face to the ground
Msgt team lead went back sternum rubbed him until he blood while instructors screamed saying he was faking it
Lol he wasnt, we all got a break for a second
We moved on one instructor stayed we continued
Later found out he almost died according to paramedics that showed up
He was tired and took a 5hr energy just before ruck
Idiot almost killed himself to get through selection
Also in other rucks tons of puking and occasionally pissing myself
>>
>>33943682
Oh and then imagine it's 17 years from now and some faggot is trying to argue how the 10lb trigger is not really a big deal...
>>
File: 1494454834468-x.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494454834468-x.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>33943710
are you alright anon
>>
>>33942324
Unless you really like building guns, don't start with an FAL.
Try an AK kit (no, an AR is NOT, I repeat NOT building a firearm kit) and see if you like it before starting an FAL.

However a 586 is a damn fine choice in revolver anon.
Go for it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.