[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much worse does the >EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE get when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1494623679435.png (16KB, 818x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494623679435.png
16KB, 818x639px
how much worse does the
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
get when you get older? how do make it day to day
>>
>>33941580
Are you talking about the ringing in your ears? Wear ear protection dude.
>>
tfw no EEEEEEEEEEE because I always wear hearing protection
>>
How can I tell if my tinnitus is from my jaw and not loud noises?
>>
>>33941623
what kind? most muffs will still let enough noise through to damage your ears.
>>
>>33941623
>tfw developed mild 3/10 tinnitus growing up before I ever touched a firearm
No clue if it's genetic or environmentally caused, I was around aircraft alot without earpro as a kid. I double up no matter what I'm shooting now though, I couldn't imagine having the EEEEE any louder than it already is, I only notice when when it's quiet.
>>
File: 59a.jpg (61KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
59a.jpg
61KB, 620x388px
>>33941649
>most muffs

What? Just go get some fucking ear pros from walmart for like 20$. Fuckin'm borrow them from Walmart if you're poor. The fuck does most muffs even mean? are you trying winter fucking keep your shit pussy warm muffs? Or are you just spouting ignorance because you don't know any better?
>>
>>33941580
I have a very mild case that comes and goes, but when it comes I just turn on some chillstep or some asmr shit or something to just be loud enough to drown out the whine. It eventually goes away and I keep going about my business.
>>
you know I think I head about a cure for this somewhere... lemme look it up
>>
>>33941929
ok here it is, apparently it is only a short term fix, so if you only get short episodes infrequently, this might help you guys out:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/that-viral-reddit-video-isnt-going-to-cure-your-tinnitus

the orig video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajb37ie-Juo

>yeah, i know it's reddit related
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
28KB, 250x250px
>>33941649
Please confirm, are you wearing them on your head anon?
>>
>>33941974
>>33941717
he's right though. a shotgun blast is so loud that it will still technically do hearing damage even if you wear muffs

you would need to double up to not get hearing damage from certain calibers and loads
>>
>>33941580

How old are you?

Did you make fun of older 4channers before?
>>
>>33941717
>>33941974

>How does NRR change decibels of exposure?

>When hearing protection is worn, your level of exposure to noise is based on the NRR rating of the protection device being used. Keep in mind, however, that while the NRR is measured in decibels, the hearing protector being used does not reduce the surrounding decibel level by the exact number of decibels associated with that protector’s NRR. For example, if you are at a rock concert where the level of noise exposure is 100 dB and you are wearing earplugs with an NRR 33dB, your level of exposure would not be reduced to 67 dB. Instead, to determine the actual amount of decibel deduction applied (when decibels are measured dBA which is the most common), you take the NRR number (in dB), subtract seven, and then divide by two. Given the previous example, your noise reduction equation would look like the following: (33-7)/2 = 13. This means that if you are at a rock concert with a level of noise exposure at 100 dB and you are wearing a hearing protector with an NRR 33 dB, your new level of noise exposure is 87 dB. If you are wearing a product with an NRR of 27 it would deduct 10 decibels (27-7/2=10).

*To maximize noise reduction, hearing protectors must be worn properly.
How does wearing dual hearing protectors change NRR?

When hearing protectors are worn in combination (i.e. earplugs AND earmuffs), rather than adding the two NRR numbers together, you simply add five more decibels of protection to the device with the higher NRR. For example, using 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic Earplugs (NRR 29) with 3M™ Peltor™ H7 Deluxe Earmuffs (NRR 27) would provide a Noise Reduction Rating of approximately 34 decibels.

gunshots are around 140 dB to 175+ dB most average to 157 dB.

over 85 dB will damage your ears.
>>
>>33942257
this is why silencers are so important even if you double up you're still cucked because of how decibels work
>>
File: Hearing-Protection-Act-Banner.jpg (39KB, 1000x586px) Image search: [Google]
Hearing-Protection-Act-Banner.jpg
39KB, 1000x586px
>>33942257
Call your congressmen about the hearing protection act.
>>
>>33942257
oh and here's a trick to stop the ringing temporarily if you need a break
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BXSoTGmyM
>>
>>33942362
OH GOD IT MADE IT WORSE, WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>33942362
Whoever invents a device that can do this automatically or mimic this neurologically is going to be a billionaire.
>>
EEEEEEE can be muted by listening to other things.
>>
>tfw i got the EEEEEEEE when some turbo cunt fired his 300 winmag during cold range
>>
>>33941580
>shot guns when young not always with ear pro
>shoot AR-15 a little bit with no ear pro
>shoot it a lot more with ear pro

Don't have tinnitus what did you do wrong, OP?
>>
>>33941580
sleep with an electric fan, the breeze cuts out the noise
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.