[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here a coward? I have no idea what's going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: _20170512_000612.jpg (309KB, 1080x1319px) Image search: [Google]
_20170512_000612.jpg
309KB, 1080x1319px
Anyone else here a coward? I have no idea what's going to happen if I get conscripted, do they weed out the cowards before combat takes place?
>>
Which country?
>>
They keep you on the supply line and in other support services
>>
>>33941371
No, but I'm anti-authority. Watching most war movies, my solution to most all problems is, "Frag the CO"
>>
File: 1404361571456.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1404361571456.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
>>33941371
>tfw you like to imagine in a conscription situation your inner badass would have no choice but to grow
>tfw you know in reality you'd probably just curl up behind cover, piss yourself, and cry while holding your rifle as tightly as possible
>>
>>33941452
I realize the possibility that your situation would happen; curl up, piss, cry, all the while white-knuckling your rifle. Definite possibility because none of us really know how we'd do in such a situation. The 6'6 250lb of muscle badass covered in tattoos with a track record of 128 women fucked could very well end up losing his shit as well. I like to think that I'd keep it together enough to shoot back, though. Spent a fair amount of time at shooting ranges, have been in situations where I stood my ground ready to take a punch if necessary at which point would reciprocate in spite of being a generally very peaceful person. Tall (not 6'6 tho), strong (not 250lb of muscle tho), responsible, and I like to think I'm a reliable person that someone could depend on. I'm punctual, considerate, if not a bit naive at times because I try to see the best in people and give the benefit of the doubt.

Might sweat like crazy, probably shaking, saucers for eyeballs, heart going a mile a minute, wishing I was fucking ANYWHERE other than there, bladder made an emergency evacuation minutes ago though it felt like hours and hours ago... but I'd try to give cover fire when prudent, try not to spend TOO much time hiding, try to FIGHT if for no other reason than myself and perhaps the buddies I spent months in training with. Wouldn't be a machine gunner. I'd either be a rifleman or PERHAPS designated marksman. If designated marksman thus allowed to stay a bit of a ways back from the action, I might hold it together better. I'm a pretty good shot and with actual professional training would naturally become FAR better. It's even on my bucket list to reach 1000m (1100yd) with a WWI and/or WWII bolt-action someday. I definitely think I have what it takes to become designated marksman, MAYBE even an actual sniper trained with .338 Lapua Magnum to engage beyond 1km. But yeah, just rifleman and engaging the enemy? Might cry/piss myself, but I like to think I'd at least shoot back.
>>
File: Hunter's collection 06-02-2016.png (282KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter's collection 06-02-2016.png
282KB, 500x293px
>>33941371
They send it in the U.S Army instead of U.S Marinez Korps.
>>
File: IMG_3142.jpg (265KB, 1600x1073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3142.jpg
265KB, 1600x1073px
>>33941567
>>
>>33941567
>but I like to think I'd at least shoot back
We all would, but shooting at a range and willing to take a punch in tense situation can't really be compared to a situation where bullets are flying in your direction.
I mean, a lot of folk seemed to adjust fairly well to those situations when push came to shove so maybe adrenaline is an absolutely wonderful drug, but we don't know until we actually get in the shit.
>>
>tfw want to serve but to much of a coward to go through with it

I don't think I'd like the military very much, but I think it would be fun to do. It's just too much of a lifestyle change. Plus I can't smoke during basic or anywhere unless I'm deployed.
>>
>>33941604
Tough situation he was in, and you knows that he regretted it for the rest of his life. I remember the scene. As mentioned, we never know how things will go, but I know the M1 Rifle, I know its capabilities and design, owned one for years. I'm confident with it, and in knowing that a buddy is upstairs fighting for his life, I'd go up. Though granted, that's saying it as a fellow well into his 20s, meanwhile that guy was probably still a teen. I can remember being a teenager on the transit bus, a buddy of mine just a few meters away getting picked on, harassed, ultimately spat on before the wankster fucks got off the bus. It fucked with my adolescent brain to know end, knowing I just sat there and let it all go on without saying so much as a word. Nothing. Felt like such a coward, and I went home and punched a hole in the wall.

So teenage me, yeah, probably just collapse uselessly like he did. Present me, I definitely believe I'd have gone up there with My Rifle at the ready, safety flicked off, perhaps also with bayonet fixed due to the close quarters, perhaps wishing I had a side-arm incase it comes down to hand to hand so I could try to draw my pistol and shoot him. Try to save my buddy.

>>33941616
Yeah I know; nobody truly knows.

>>33941660
I tried to join twice, rejected both times unfortunately though I could still technically try to join again.
>>
>>33941371
pičko
>>
File: WWII trench forest.jpg (376KB, 2137x1701px) Image search: [Google]
WWII trench forest.jpg
376KB, 2137x1701px
I wonder how can one overcome his fear in combat, especially one who considers himself as, what a harsh statement, 'a coward'.
Can one overcome fear by rationalizing and weighing in Duty and tactical situation ? Or is it purely physical and you can't control what your reptilian brain tells you to do ?
>>
>>33941452
>>33941567
Remember, the guy shooting at you is probably going to miss because he's shaking and crying too hard to aim.

Veterans are made, not born.
>>
>>33941371
No. I joined the the USMC Infantry at age 22. I invited death. I faced it, lost some guys but I survived.

The problem is society still exists. Weak men exist. Enjoy your tight jeans and dance clubs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.