[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Philly and I can't find any good gun shops near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: WaltherP99Y2K.jpg (118KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
WaltherP99Y2K.jpg
118KB, 650x429px
I live in Philly and I can't find any good gun shops near my area. I've been to a few and all they have in stock is glocks, more glocks M&Ps and maybe an FNS9 and all marked up 100 dollars or more. I don't mind paying a bit extra at an LGS, I bought my G19 for 530 at a gun range which is about what I would have paid for it online once you factored in FFL prices anyway, but when used gun stores mark their shit up 100-200 dollars and don't even have anything that you wouldn't find at a local range/store I really don't see the point in going there.

I'm looking for a nightstand gun mostly. I have a Glock 19 already, it's meh. I want a DA/SA gun because I already have a striker fired and a SAO (Browning HP)

I want to fingerfuck a PX4 and a Walther P99 and maybe an HK USP of some sort, but I can't even find a place that has any of these guns in stock.

Anyone know any good shops in the Philly area?
>>
>>33938004
The P99 is a great gun, but I wouldn't recommend the Gen1 as nightstand gun. The reason is the proprietary rail that prevents mounting a flashlight easily. The USP has the same problem, but at least some USP-compatible flashlight were made.

I would recommend the CZ P09 as nightstand gun. It's full-size with 19-round magazine. The trigger is excellent and it has a rail to mount a light.
>>
>>33938031
GG&G make an affordable and readily available USP rail adapter, and unlike the CZ the USP won't puke it's slide stop once every 10,000 rounds.
>>
>>33938031
Ok. I'll keep that in mind. I really want to fingerfuck all these guns before I buy them though. I kind of bought the g19 on impulse because I wanted a gun, and it's fine as a carry gun and a range gun, but I kind of wish I looked at the other options before buying it.

I know it's weird that I'm considering a third semi auto 9mm, but I just kind of like them. I find semi autos sexy as fuck and I like how cheap, plentiful and versatile 9mm is.

Also I like to mess with my glock 19 a lot. In fact i'm sitting here right now just putting the mag in and out and dry firing it. Obviously I chamber check it every time I pick it up, but I want a gun that I can just keep loaded and stashed somewhere in my room and forget about, instead of having one that I am constantly loading and unloading. I generally don't even load my G19 unless I carry it, and keep the AR loaded in my closet.
>>
>>33938051
Never read a bad review about the P-09. If you like the USP and can get a cheap rail adapter or get a good deal on a USP light, then get the USP. They are excellent guns.
>>
File: Walther_extendo.jpg (106KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_extendo.jpg
106KB, 720x960px
>>33938081
P99 is a super comfy weapon, feels way better than a USP or G19. They only make them bi-annually though so good luck finding one.

>>33938031 is right though, definitely get a Gen III.
>>
>>33938101
shit when do they make them?

i really fucking want one. If I saw one at a gun store I'd buy it in a second.

Fucking walther. Make James Bond's guns and don't even make enough for us.
>>
>>33938081
You should always fingerfuck a gun before purchasing it to be sure you can hold and manipulate it comfortably. Best, would even be to try the gun at the range.

In my case, a nightstand gun should have those characteristics: night sights, rail for light, reliable. Size doesn't matter as I'm not carrying it, so full size is perfect. Heck, I don't even need a holster for it. There are tons of guns that would fit this bill and are DA/SA: EAA Witness Polymer, Arex Rex Zero 1, IMI Jericho 941F, Beretta M9 & PX4, SIG P226 & P2022, CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, H&K P30, FN FNX, Walther P99AS, Lionheart LH9N Mk. II... And I'm sure I left plenty others out.
>>
>>33938159
They already stopped. The first gen is the one with the proprietary rail. The gen three is the one with the picatinny rail and longer mag release levers. Gen two was a mix of the two (I think gen 1 slide with gen 3 frame) and wasn't produced for very long - some people will say it didn't exist.
>>
>>33938214
So they just stopped making them altogether?

Fucking hell.
>>
File: HP_Family_2017_2.jpg (3MB, 3796x1768px) Image search: [Google]
HP_Family_2017_2.jpg
3MB, 3796x1768px
>>33938159
PPK's and PPK/S's use to also be biannual production runs, but they haven't been made for two years.

I don't know when they make em, but talking to my Walther rep it seems as though they're six- month-apart production runs and they import them throughout the year. Its just a matter of getting luck I guess.

I always wanted one and when I saw one for sale I bought it immediately. I paid less than $550 after tax and the next day some angry guy came into the store I was working at and showed me a pic of my gun behind the glass asking "if we can get him one because some asshole stole it from him at the other store". We couldn't get him one.
>>
>>33938218
This is wrong >>33938214, they still make and import them.

Also, Gen I's are the ski hump guns, you got it. Gen II had the updated slide and frame but retained the short magazine release paddle. The Gen III elongated it and kept the update frame and slide. There are examples of what people call a Gen 1.5 which is a transitional mix of parts between generations one and two Walther sent out for a short time.
>>
>>33938270
Good thing. I thought production had stopped. What bother me most in the Gen 1 are the slide serrations. They're too small and not aggressive enough.
>>
File: P99_royal.png (1MB, 800x711px) Image search: [Google]
P99_royal.png
1MB, 800x711px
>>33938327
Gen I has best aesthetics. Gen III is literally the best combat handgun in the world in my opinion.
>>
>>33938341
Gen 3 aesthetics is pretty good, too. And it goes pretty well with the old PPS.
>>
>>33938413
I thought about getting a PPS M1 and still might someday in addition to a correct PPK. We'll see.

Aesthetics aren't bad, but Gen I really had it going.
>>
You thought about P226/229 for nightstand gun?

Or FNX45?
>>
File: 350px-WaltherP99_twotoneA.jpg (25KB, 350x267px) Image search: [Google]
350px-WaltherP99_twotoneA.jpg
25KB, 350x267px
>>33938424
That'd mine. Aesthetic as fuck, but not very practical.
>>
>>33938456
Yeah. I'll try to see if I can rent one at a range but all I love seen seen at my local range is the p320 compact which is too similar tonmy glawk
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.