[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a revolver as my carry gun, and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 5430.jpg (24KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
5430.jpg
24KB, 475x352px
I want to get a revolver as my carry gun, and I've been eyeing the Ruger LCRx.

Worthy purchase, or should I look elsewhere?
>>
It should be fine.
>>
>>33932856
Good guns, id recommend renting one first, try out a few different calibers and see what fits. If also recommend getting a hammerless DAO, one less thing to potentially get snagged
>>
>>33933258
echoing this. you're probably not going to bother to cock the hammer if you're forced to use it in a self defense scenario, and depending on your carry style it could catch

the .357 kicks a fair bit, and isn't all that fun to practice with (no snub is, even if you get the .22LR/.22WMR one you get a bitchy trigger pull).

9mm apparently has marginally better ballistics than .38 special when coming out of a barrel that short but you do have to deal with moon clips then
>>
>>33933258
OP here, forgot to mention that I'd be getting it in .38 Special.

I've been eyeing the regular, hammerless LCR too. But the shop I frequent has the LCRx for about $30-35 cheaper.
>>
Go hammerless .38. Won't snag on your shit and less likely to permafuck your ears if you have to use it.

LCR is pretty good IME.
>>
I cc a SW 360 (.357/.38 - 5 round)

No problem honestly, shoot it at the range every month as well but never shot a 9mm revolver but what the guy said before me, .357 is too much for those snub nose even when you change to a houge grip.

Just rent a couple different ones at the range, what that one dude said and go from there and good luck.
>>
>go hammer less

Why? Even if you're just half retarded at CC'ing you're not going to snag it on anything. And yeah, you may not have time to cock the hammer, but it's fucking DA/SA and you don't have to. But if you DID have time, you have the option.
>>
>>33934823
The most common way that snubnose revolvers are carried is in a coat or front pants pocket. Depending on the fit of your wardrobe, there is a real chance for the hammer to snag on a draw being made under pressure.

>inb4 that's fuddlore

It isn't. Rex Applegate, William Fairbairn, and John Henry Fitzgerald all recommended that the hammer be bobbed as part of modifying a revolver for use as a concealed firearm.

Also, I have never heard of an instance in which a normal person (ie not LE) actually fired a snubnose in single action during a defensive shooting. The double action trigger on any revolver made by a quality manufacturer is great, so it should in no way be an obstacle for accurate shooting with adequate practice.
>>
>LCR
>1.875" barrel

>LCRx
>2.25" barrel (in OP's pic)

How much of a difference is the velocity going to be on the sub-2" barrel?
>>
>>33933303

>.357 kicks a fair bit

i have both .38 and .357 versions and if you have tiny elf wrists like mine do not go with the .357. Shit hurts. The aircraft grade aluminum lcr-x in .38 is good and much lighter and more pleasant to carry than the 357 solid steel version.
>>
>>33933387
38 special is fine.
Plus the lcr can handle +p ammo. That is more than enough to take someone down if need be.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.