[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get an LEO general going? any current or aspiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: ye - Be_5.jpg (42KB, 620x342px) Image search: [Google]
ye - Be_5.jpg
42KB, 620x342px
Can we get an LEO general going? any current or aspiring cops want to pitch in?
>>
>typical walk down the ardoyne road
>>
Fuck the police coming straight from the underground.
>>
File: slide_357850_3963582_free.jpg (197KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
slide_357850_3963582_free.jpg
197KB, 1200x815px
>>33931645
>tfw there is more than one ulsterfag on /k/
>>
>>33931682

alrit
>>
>>33931546
>any current cops want to pitch in?

Be a firefighter instead. Everywhere I've seen, FD gets treated better than PD.
>>
File: IMG_0304.jpg (1015KB, 2565x1511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0304.jpg
1015KB, 2565x1511px
>>33931546
Just applied to Chicago Police Department. Took the exam in April. Pretty excited hope I get hired.
>>
>>33931546
>Swissfag
>Working in private security
>Wants to become a police officer once I've finished my mandatory service
>>
>>33931546
t. bootlicker
>>
Can foreign friends affect eligibility for hiring at all?
>>
>>33932772
For LEO? probably not
For a security clearance? Maybe
Most agencies OpSec guidelines tells you to never talk about your work with non US citizens
>>
>>33932795
So it's not a problem so long as I don't want to do spooky secret stuff, basically
>>
>>33931546
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (75KB, 496x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
75KB, 496x501px
>>33932853
>guy who's done neither
>>
>>33932853
then explain why does fire wears PPE / BSI ?
>>
>>33932881
wear*
>>
>>33932853
realy made me think huh
>>
File: 20170511_194313.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_194313.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
NYPD pig here. I am relatively new with only a year and a half on. If you have any questions relating to academy, applicant processing, or daily work; I'll answer to the best of my ability. I work in Manhatten.
>>
>>33932508
That's really odd, I'm not an American and over here in the UK the police are generally treated very well and are generally well respected.

>>33932527
My local police force have been nothing but a benefit to me, including tracking down and recovering two thousand pounds worth of stolen goods, but hey police who needs him amiright??

>>33932521
Good luck man, I'm still waiting on vetting forums from my local police force.
>>
>>33933028
What gang were you in before joining?
>>
>>33933055
Dept of Transportation
>>
>>33933062
tuche. Seriously though, how are the people you work with? I hear NYPD is a tough crowd sometimes. If you get the chance will you transfer to small town or stay in the city?
>>
>>33933028
Is that a glock 17?
I've always found them too large and bulky for CC, plus the finger-grooves piss me off. Do the NYPD have too use them? I'd feel more comfortable with a personal firearm.
>>
>>33931546
How hard is the academy? I'm getting my bachelor's soon and always toyed with idea of joining the sheriff's department.
Relatively high gpa (3.8) and used to be a worst korean udt diving instructor if that counts for anything
>>
>>33933028
is the 6 million pound trigger pull meme true?

unsolicited advice: right click on taskbar > cortana > hidden, use 4chanx (auto refresh, popup notifications whenever you get a (you), posts highlight when they're responding to you, and many more features), and look up how to de-spyware win 10
>>
>>33933132
>>>/g/
>>
>>33933139
it always helps to be a little autistic in many domains anon
>>
>>33933092
The people in the command i work are a mixed bag, like in any command. There are those that i get along with really well and others less so. I joined the NYPD so i could stay in the city and brag about being in the NYPD. Now i dont brag anymore when i saw how the job actually is.

>>33933099
Our class was the first one to chose the G17. Having never held a gun before i decided to be a little hipster and get it. In my defense we had a grand total of 5 mins to choose which gun we wanted on our first week of the academy. The other service guns you can choose from are the G19 and SIG. I have gotten used to the G17 however and i grew to like it. However i despise my G26 preferring my Springfield XDS for off-duty.

I have never used a trigger other than the NYPD 12 pd ones which are on all off dutys and service. You get used to it.
>>
>>33933216
>>33933132
>>
>>33933216
Do you get laid a lot for being a cop?
>>
>>33933265
well, who doesn't want to lay out a cop?
>>
Need boot advice, live in the northern part of the states.
>>
>>33933265
I browse 4chan. What do you think?
>>
>>33933305
your so deep in pussy that you can no longer walk and are forced to swim just to get around.
>>
>>33933265
Yup. I have to use my mace to fend off all the girls that throw themselves at me.
>>
>>33933028
Which patrol guide procedure covers social media interactions and how you're not supposed to represent the NYPD, wookie? What's your tax?

>>33933132
Yes. I easily shoot groups 3x smaller with my CZ compared to my 12lb 5946.

>>33933099
They're moving the new recruits to Glock 17s. Older Glock 19s, Sig 226, and Smith 5946 are grandfathered in.
>>
>>33933558
My tax is 123456 sir
>>
>>33933028
I was just in Gramercy Park last week and you guys had cars all over. I envy those tablets you've got. My car and the computer in it is 10 years old.
>>
>>33933558
so you guys get any training in active shooter situations at all?

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/yxx0w/nypd_officer_ama_all_questions_regarding_12lb/

this says you guys don't get it.

>Our tactical training is a joke and maybe ten people in a department of 34K have had Active Shooter training (I'm not exaggerating).

that was posted in 2012, but the guy who posted it was an actual cop
>>
>>33933578
The tablets are useful to see what jobs are going on anywhere and who is responding. Its great and I love them.
>>
>>33933029
We got treated like shit when I was a firefighter. Everyone wanted us to give them free painkillers, when we wouldn't they got pissed.
>>
>>33933028
>>33933132

Better advice: download xubuntu. And if you really need to use Windows (for gay-men), just make a separate partition. It takes 30 seconds. And xubuntu is hilariously better than Windows 10 in every desirable way except for gay-men.
>>
>>33933582
My state was one of the first to have mandatory active shooter training in basic academies. The department will also pay for you to take more advanced courses afterwards.
>>
>>33933582
Some. They teach a buddy system kind of thing for active shooters where you're pretty much clearing room by room watching each other's back. I think it's laughable and they only did it when I was in academy years years ago.

Three years ago I went to an in service tactics refresher (Intac) where we went through scenarios with simunitions in the tac village - one of those was an active shooter hostage thing.

>>33933612
The tablets are a shit crutch and you wookies fall to pieces when they lose service. No replacement for having a good ear for the radio and knowledge of the neighborhood
>>
Any FL cops around here?

I got a question and I don't feel like calling my local sheriff's office and stuttering like an autist.
>>
>>33933029
In the US police are VERY well respected but a minority of people (lol the minorities) are VERY hostile towards them...so idk I'm no cop but I would assume most of the time people are generally pretty cool but every so often they run into shit bags...or maybe the nature of their work lands them with the shit bags all the time but most people in the US love or at least highly respect police
>>
>>33933630
>Some. They teach a buddy system kind of thing for active shooters where you're pretty much clearing room by room watching each other's back.
what is this, a 1970s cop procedural? do they give you those magnetic stick on police lights too?
>>
>>33933650
I have one stuck on my locker. It has more time on the job than me.
Thankfully the unmarked rmps have proper light packages now.

Also NYPD is very dated in a lot of procedural respects, yes.
>>
>>33933640

That's kinda not true though.

I am courteous towards uniformed officers, but always feel at odds with them because of the continued militarization (not just equipment, but outlook) of the local PD, how half of them work as security when they're off the clock, and the Thin Blue Line.

I wish I could say that I didn't feel this way, but whenever I see a buzzcut who is obviously on gear, my brain starts to tell me this guy isn't in it to make the community a better place.
>>
>>33933029
>That's really odd, I'm not an American and over here in the UK the police are generally treated very well and are generally well respected.
Wildly different societies and culture. If I had been born anywhere else besides burgerland I think I would have enjoyed/been good at policing.
>>
>>33933677
>I have one stuck on my locker. It has more time on the job than me.
>Thankfully the unmarked rmps have proper light packages now.
...that was a joke. are you seriously telling me that the fucking New York Police Department doesn't have standard light packages on unmarked cars?
>>
>>33932508

This is in theory the right answer, but FD gets paid shit compared to PD, and their jobs are way fucking harder on the body. Welcome to crushing your lower vertebrate, and destroying your knees within 5 years time.
>>
>>33933693
They do, is what I'm saying. Federal signal controllers, lights hidden in the grille and behind the glass, etc.

>>33933699
FDNY gets paid similarly and I bet you they're not committing suicide, boozing, and dying of high good pressure and heart attacks at the same rate as NYPD.
>>
>>33933699
I would say the stress is different. We don't wear PPE on every call. We don't normally wear air tanks or any of that for a long period. A cop spends 8-12 hours getting out of a car and wears 30+ pounds of gear on his shoulders and hips/back.
>>
>>33933678
>>33933678
Perhaps love was a bit far...but you still have a high degree of respect for them even if it's based in the power they have. And the militarization, imo, is a totally necessary to face the increasingly militarized anti-police forces creating a positive feedback cycle for sure but I dont blame the cops for that, I blame the dindus and antifa for that
>>
>>33933630
Whatever faggot. I bet you bitch bout not getting revolvers and having to do TRI reports. You can just sit there and jerk off in the RMP.
>>
>>33933722
oh thank god.

do you think the NYPD is seriously prepared for another 9/11 level incident?
>>
File: pandahaji.jpg (67KB, 968x581px) Image search: [Google]
pandahaji.jpg
67KB, 968x581px
>>33933028

oink oink
>>
>>33933722
>>33933725

I know a couple fire fighters (not NY), and they get paid trash in comparison. I also know that FD guys respond to a lot more calls than can fuck them up than just walking around does. And besides, if you aren't in a city, you aren't doing much walking as a cop anyway. Cletus in Louisiana is just going to sit in his cruiser and drive everywhere he can. Then maybe chase down a few dindus.

>>33933751

>Antifa

Antifa is literally 3 months old and haven't done anything to them. Stop with this meme. Average cop is much more concerned with PTSD vets, and random spree shooters who just feel like shooting cops. On top of the dindus and chicanos.
>>
>>33933754
TRI reports are Rosario material and it's absolute BS that a supervisor who wasn't even on the scene can decide on his own that your use of force was unjustified -- even moreso since per the IO, it can't be a supervisor involved in the incident doing the TRI.
Supervisor doesn't like you? Too bad, you're fucked.
Delegates try to help you? Too late, it's Rosario.

Sorry that they spend more time in the new academy teaching you how to suck trans cock and use preferred pronouns than how to police. This city is dying a slow death, and I know it's not your fault - but you don't know any better either.

>>33933789
Yes. They throw so much money at disaster preparedness, it's one of the few things the job gets right. Radiation detectors on patrol, CBRNE Training for all cops, etc.
>>
>>33932853
I know this is bait but I gotta.

One deals with a threat that's a force of nature, the other deals with a human threat possibly trying to kill them. Incomparable in my book.
>>
>>33933813
>Radiation detectors on patrol
Don't tell /pol/ that
>>
>>33933809
I'm not that worried about Antifa. You're talking about people who want everything that could be construed as a weapon banned. I'm issued a shotgun, and a glock, what are they gonna do?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.