[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm graduating from a top 30 American University with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: academi-blackwater-xe2.jpg (30KB, 640x187px) Image search: [Google]
academi-blackwater-xe2.jpg
30KB, 640x187px
I'm graduating from a top 30 American University with a finance degree and have a wall-street job lined up after working the last two summers
I've always been interested in PMC's, where the Black Budget ends up and people like Eric Prince, Viktor Bout, Craig Nixon, Ignacio Balderas, etc.

I have no military background, but I figure a few years working in M&A would lend itself to working with these enormous corporations.
Has anyone here worked as a contractor for one of these big private defense companies? Ever deal with the men behind the curtain?
Is it even worth getting into this industry? Has regulation killed all the fun? Are these just big ex-mil circlejerks?

If none of the above applies, post contractor pics to keep this from being a total waste of a thread
>>
File: 1494269171065.jpg (75KB, 485x552px) Image search: [Google]
1494269171065.jpg
75KB, 485x552px
>>
>>33931438
Triple Canopy?
>>
>>33931024
If you haven't served you are at best going to be put at the back of the line, or not considered at all.
>>
>>33931024
>Are these just big ex-mil circlejerks?
It's this. Honestly, i would go to wall street. Being a controller is better than being a servant. And that's all these people are high paid servents
>>
These days only special ops or people with a very specialized skill set are looked at.

They won't consider infantry or any other basic jobs like that. They can backfill shooter jobs with actual professionals not "walk that way, shoot that way," type people you get from the infantry.

I'm an ex k9 handler and I get offers to be an explosive detector dog handler for a few different companies. I get these because friends are recommending my name, that's another huge thing, knowing someone that already works there is going to be a major foot in the door.

Why would they pick up some random civilian they'd have to train when there's a massive pool of war veterans with combat experience frothing at the mouth to get a position, they won't.
>>
>>33931024
I bought a G3 from a guy who worked in academi in Afghanistan from about 03 to fairly recently. His dad had connections from being a Sgm in the Muhreens and after my guy was MEPs DEQ'd but still wanted to serve his dad got him a job. He said it was alright, they did 3 month tours but a few guys got disappeared after trying to smuggle captured weapons back through Saudi to the US. He quit after his last job was sent without US army support and they were undersupplied the whole time (he bought an AK for 5$ to have back up weapons) and he got hit in three places.

>I'm graduating from a top 30 American University with a finance degree and have a wall-street job lined up after working the last two summers.

He graduated high school.
If you want a job you are better off starting your own company. the overhead is fairly insane though.

Interesting note, He always referred to it as academi instead of any of its other names, I should have asked why.

G3 was dirty anyway, I guess only uniformed guys give a fuck about clean guns, got a great deal on it though.
>>
File: 1415828606.jpg (119KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
1415828606.jpg
119KB, 720x719px
Hey Op,

Friendly advice here, check the link below:

https://academi.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll

This is the official hiring site of academi, But unless you have special skills, don't expect much. Also several weeks ago they were looking for cooks with TS clearances and hackers.

Unless you have skills in logistics or Intel, There aren't any real jobs, unless you want to be a role player and get shot with sim rounds all day
>>
>>33931693
Absolutely this
>>
File: CUNPIC_20160207_141430.png (345KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
CUNPIC_20160207_141430.png
345KB, 640x640px
Without military or tactical experience you can not be a PMC
>>
I mean in a financial/logistics/strategy capacity

I wouldn't be making the transition from finance to hired gun, I'd be doing the finance for the people who own the hired guns

I'm just wondering if at the governance level if it just exmil dick riding
>>
>>33931024
Go to wall St, work 90 hours a week do lots of coke and shag $1500 hookers on the weekend.
>>
>>33931024
Go to Wall Street then. If years from now, the 6+ figures job, trophy wife, high end car, and expensive house don't do it for ya, then move to get a job in management or corporate for Academi or whatever.
>>
>>33931693

>knowing someone that already works there is going to be a major foot in the door.

I met somebody at a training event at the Paladin Center, dude was a brick wall. He liked the way I shot and got down to earth with me. He knew I ex-mil, a basic maint job, but still gave me his card and told me to contact him. I lost the card the next day and have never seen him since. That was years ago. Fucking sucks, missed my opportunity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.