[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /K/omrades what is the best knife for utility purposes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: glock knife.jpg (484KB, 4135x2336px) Image search: [Google]
glock knife.jpg
484KB, 4135x2336px
Alright /K/omrades what is the best knife for utility purposes and combat? and why is it the glock knife
>>
>>33930831
On a serious note this is probably the best value for your buck knife out there, if you can find them for $20.00
>>
>>33930831
the famas bayonet

>shove up girl pussy
>fuck bitch
>>
>>33930831
It's one or the other OP, can't say what the best utility knife is but for combat, cannot go wrong with a Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife.
>>
>>33930831

Bk7 with after market scales, or wrapped with grip tape. Throw in a kydex holster and you're golden.
>>
>>33930965
bk7 and esse 6 are solid choices, own both but would lean on the esse because of the warranty.
>>
>>33930956
Fairbarn sykes is a meme

Everyone who was issued one hated it.
The retard who designed it was a surgeon, so he designed a surgeons take on a fighting knife, which resulted in a blade that would chip and get stuck on shit all the time, with a handle that was too small and flimsy that would slip all the time.

The KA-BAR, although a pretty shit knife in its own right, was liked much better because it didnt slip from the hand and provided a large knife for utility, instead of the fairbarn meme knife which was designed for "silent takedowns" only.
>>
>>33930831
>and why is it the glock knife
That's a funny way to spell "Cold Steel SRK San Mai"
>>
>>33931048

I own both those too, along with the bk9, junglas, izula 1, bk15 and the esee 4/5. Seeing as he wanted a utility/combat knife, is why I suggested the bk7, which is a little bit thicker than the esee 6, that will come in handy for utility work (Chances are, it might be turn into a improvised pry bar). Also the Bk 7 is longer than the esee 6, same time not being to much heavier, while still staying agile, so if he did have to stabby stab some one, he can more easily reach vital organs, as well as giving him a longer reach to start. Also stock handles on esee 6 feel like shit, the bk7 ones you can just stipple it, they're billion times better.

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if OP was retarded and doesn't know how to properly use a knife, will probably break it. So with that, go with a esee 5, cause we all know you'll never use it for combat, if you did manage to break it, Esee will hook you up.
>>
>>33931130
the applegate version is great

>>33930831
i carried a esee 4 most of time in iraq.
>>
>>33931130
>a knife designed to be as sharp and slim as possible purely to stab and slash would chip when it hit things harder than its steel

must be a shit knife, just like how my jeep makes a terrible airplane
>>
>>33930831
Just KA-BAR.
Good ol' 'Murican quality.
>>
>and why is it the glock knife

>Go to stab someone
>Stab
>Explode
>>
>>33930831
I want one to throw around and make it into a spear and then throw it some more. I can throw chopsticks and get them to penetrate cardboard.
>>
>>33930907

which is twice the price, and roughly a third of the usefulness of a mora. you do the math.

>>33931157
that's an even funnier way to spell "a 4'' drop/spear point that is 1/8'' thick"

SRK is a meme.
>>
>>33931673
you mean "lack of quality"

here's a few words on knives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxuBi0Ci1eM
>>
>>33931666
No, your knife is a terrible knife because you can't use it as a knife.
An ice pick has more utility to it. A goofy ass ka-bar can do more tasks.
>>
>>33930831
>Light
>Strong
>Cheap
>Stabby

>>33931914
Ever tried to stab with a mora? The mora is an utility knive, the glock is a sharpened prybar/shiv.
>>
>>33931666
>makes a terrible airplane
Not true unless he complains about it though.
>>
>>33931197

This.
OP, get a esee 5.
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (335KB, 1036x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
335KB, 1036x658px
It's a pretty good knife. Not the best thing ever though. I've had mine for more than a decade now.
>>
File: Opinel.jpg (141KB, 1520x900px) Image search: [Google]
Opinel.jpg
141KB, 1520x900px
>>33930907
>this is probably the best value for your buck knife out there
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.