[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it be like if our modern Armies followed rules similiar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: splash.jpg (391KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
splash.jpg
391KB, 615x615px
What would it be like if our modern Armies followed rules similiar to ancient knights and mercs of the old days?
Im not talking about code of honor bs, i mean straight up pushing the enemies shit in at all costs
>>
>>33930727
Middle east would have a population of zero and north korea would be unified with the south. But a lot more dead muricans
>>
>>33930727
Public morale already can crippled a country's war efforts, so I'd say it would be terrible.
>>
>>33930727
It would be war crimes out the ass.
Either soldiers just executing whole villages or command authorizing mass destruction via nuke/WP/ChemBio.
>>
>>33930727
EVeryone would use a famas
>>
>>33930727
Lots of rape and war crimes. Depends how you feel about all that really.
>>
-Lots of RAPE
-soldiers would steal everything from the places they stormed and mail it all back home.
-Talban would no longer exist
-tons of war crimes
-whatever country that implemented this policy would be hated all over the globe
>>
>>33930760
Depends, who's doing the raping?
>>
>>33930770
certainly not the village women of whatever shithole country they are fighting.
>>
>>33930770
Everyone but the women, I should think
>>
>>33930769
Yeah you're right, but think about it : We would never lose a war against illiterate peasants again, and we are already hated all over the globe anyway so we might as well live up to that hate.
>>
>>33930727

knights and mercs fought for hostages to charge ransom for

you're probably referring to actual total war
>>
>>33930854
Knights didn't take hostages, and mercs would only do it if they were paid to.
>>
>>33930727
Less war because it's a far less efficient and effective method of warfare than current systems.

Alternately, look at Africa post-WW2.
>>
File: zzzzzzzzgoddammit.jpg (41KB, 640x588px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzgoddammit.jpg
41KB, 640x588px
>>33930791
Difference is our own country doesn't outright hate itself for what we do. If war was like how OP suggests it'd go from "I'll bitch about it on the internet but do little to nothing further than that" to "ZOMG WTF ARE WE DOING GUYZZZZ???!!! THEY'RE RAPING THOSE WOMEN AND CUTTING OFF CHILDREN'S HEADS!!!!"

So, the kind of civilian hysteria in the wake of vietnam war crime reports times 10.
>>
>>33930869
What are you talking about retard. That was a huge thing for knights to do, take other nobles captive and charge ransoms for them.
>>
>>33931414
What would be the point to take high profile targets like nobles and politicians alive?
Whenever they sieged a city they killed all politicians and nobles
>>
>>33931456
You have no idea what you are talking about. Knights sought to capture other knights and nobles because that was the principle way that they made money in foreign wars. Pillaging churches and shit was for peasants. Taking knightly captives was how knights made their fortunes.
>>
>>33931456
Nobles and politicians had money and land. By capturing them alive you got to ransom them for a portion of their wealth, thus allowing you to defray the massive costs of waging a war. Plus, by leaving them alive you might be later able to ally your families through marriage and strengthen your dominions.
>>
>>33931489
thanks for explaining it better than I could.
>>
>>33930769
Sounds like an average Civ game
>>
>>33930854
>mercs fought for hostages to charge ransom for
Swiss had explicit order to kill all enemies on the spot, because they wasted to much time with taking prisoners for ransom . The order was strictly enforced, and so the Swiss changed to ransoming out the bodies or otherwise bury them in anonymous mass graves.
Plunder and free sex was one of the main objectives of the day.
>>
File: 1382881504976.png (102KB, 505x449px) Image search: [Google]
1382881504976.png
102KB, 505x449px
>>33930727
>Modern warfare where the chain of command, discipline and duty exist only in the wildest fantasies of the despairing.
I guess you could just look at any third world country?
>>
>>33930727
Attrition you mongoloid. Why do you think WW1 was such a bloodbath?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.