[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.npr.org/sections/health- shots/2017/05/10/5276487

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1456621427070.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
1456621427070.png
551KB, 964x912px
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/05/10/527648768/lead-dust-from-firearms-can-pose-a-silent-health-risk
>>
>>33927752
wtf i hate guns now

thanks npr i now support common sense gun control
>>
>NPR

Think about where you consume your news OP. Make better choices.
>>
>>33927752
>silent risk

Its not silent. It makes a pinging noise.
>>
>>33927752
I'm glad the wonderful folks at NPR neglected to mention the existence of outdoor shooting ranges where lead air problems don't exist.

We need more former OSHA government regulators to outlaw even more substances instead of looking at other alternatives to prevent lead poisoning.
>>
>>33927752

21,400? Did they tape their equipment to the end of a gun shooting unlubricated self cast bullets?
>>
>>33927787

This report serves to give cities the tools to shut down ranges.
>>
>>33927769
Has lead consumed your brains already? Poorly ventilated indoor ranges are not a good place to shoot in, this is not some jewish trick
>>
>>33927819
Yes, and then the article fails to mention that outdoor ranges exist, and only quotes former OSHA government regulators who want even more substances fined and outlawed.

You know, outdoor ranges that solve the issue of ventilation.
>>
>>33927752
>lead-dust-from-firearms-can-pose-a-silent-health-risk
... No shit. Are you guys retarded? Is this not instantly entirely obvious?...
>>
>what is ventilation
>>
File: 1493671485022.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493671485022.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>33927752
>NPR
gtfo
>>
>>33927752
>lead-dust-from-firearms-can-pose-a-silent-health-risk
I thought this was a well established fact, like basic gun knowledge from being a kid shooting lead pellets.
Wash hands, and don't shoot indoors.
>>
>>33928388
Im finding it funny that so many people here are sperging out about the article.

They even mention that Ventilation is important with indoor ranges.
>>
>>33927787
>I'm glad the wonderful folks at NPR neglected to mention the existence of outdoor shooting ranges where lead air problems don't exist.
You're assuming that "the folks at NPR" ever leave big cities where indoor ranges are the only option. People like that effectively live in an archipelago of megacities connected by airports; the rest of the country could literally sink into the ocean and they'd barely notice.
>>
>shooting in indoor ranges with poor ventilation makes you dizzy
>shooting outside does not
>scientists discover OP has autism
>news at 11
>>
>>33927752
I shoot my guns with chopsticks to keep lead dust off my keyboard.
>>
>>33927819
>Poorly ventilated indoor ranges are not a good place to shoot in, this is not some jewish trick
Sure, and the idea that smoking is bad for you isn't a trick either, but the tobacco settlement, which gave billions to the government and politically-connected lawyers, was. Politicians have a habit of distorting real risks - blowing some hugely out of proportion while ignoring others - in order to get what they want. This is a great example. It will be used as a vector for gun control - at very least for shutting down indoor ranges and banning lead ammo - by politicians who don't like guns. Also, nothing - and I mean nothing - that has to do with hot-button issues appears in leftist-connected media by mistake. This will be the start of a coordinated attack on gun rights, using health issues as a pretext.

Don't be naive. The left hasn't developed a sudden concern for the health of gun owners (a day after publicly celebrating the death of a gun rights activist). This is a political op, as everything they do is.
>>
>>33929051
this poster is:
[ ] a faggot
[ x ] not a faggot
>>
>>33927752
>Shooting lead backed or cast projectiles creates lead dust
>Shooting range workers bring a shit load of lead home with them

I don't know why any of that is surprising to anyone. Just shoot outdoors and wash your hands afterwords. They even make a special soap for heavy metals (De-Lead I think).

My post shooting routine:
>Rinse hands with cold water, followed up by using heavy metal cleansing soap
>Scrub under nails
>Change out of clothes I shot in and wash later that night
>Shower like normal

Common sense stuff really, and even then I think I go overboard sometimes.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Joke's on you, NPR. I want to die.
>>
>>33927752
LEFTIST PROPAGANDA
>>
>>33927769

>has depth
>doesn't make shit up

Yeah can't have that. Back to Breitbart
>>
>>33929051

So if improperly ventilated indoor ranges are completely unsafe for employees amd users, we shouldn't talk about it.

Remember, you're claiming to be on the side of honesty.
>>
>>33929632
are you seriously this disingenuous? nobody is syaing not to talk about it you dumb fuck, its about pushing an unrelated agenda based on a supposed health risk, something liberals are well known for.
>>
>>33929093

That's actually going way overboard.
Just washing your hands with normal soap after shooting or cleaning your guns will limit the vast majority of your exposure.

>>33929051
>Don't be naive. The left hasn't developed a sudden concern for the health of gun owners (a day after publicly celebrating the death of a gun rights activist). This is a political op, as everything they do is.

Yeap. Pretty much.
Also TMJ bullets pretty much completely eliminate this risk except from a remediation standpoint. There is no exposed lead until it strikes a backstop.

I think TMJ should be more readily available than FMJ, to be honest, but you know the idiotic "solution" is going to be trying to ban any lead content at all.
>>
>>33929632
He appeared to be cautioning us that this finding could be used by gun-hating politicians to close down indoor gun ranges and put heavy restrictions on lead ammo. Nothing more.
>>
>>33929051
>Don't be naive. The left hasn't developed a sudden concern for the health of gun owners (a day after publicly celebrating the death of a gun rights activist). This is a political op, as everything they do is.
This
they just use dead bodies to soapbox their agenda they don't actually care about death they just want to control you and if they can't they want to kill you hence gun control
>>
>>33928992
>disgusting flyover scum detected
>>
>>33929925
Where do you think your food comes from?
>>
File: 1433130414947.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
1433130414947.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>33927752

>tfw my dad unironically listens to NPR
>>
>>33927752
http://www.foxnews.com/world/slideshow/2017/05/11/graphic-images-destruction-and-death-in-afghanistan.html#/slide/opening-of-an-isis-tunnel

MOAB pics
>>
>>33929861
>TMJ bullets pretty much completely eliminate this risk
No, you've still got leaded primers
>>
File: IWk86Vu.jpg (39KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
IWk86Vu.jpg
39KB, 527x612px
I'm afraid of getting into muzzle-loaders because of that. First you have to manipulate the lead shots (even worse if you cast them yourself). Then you have the flashing primer in your face, then the smoke of sulfur and nitrate entering your lungs. Is it worth losing any life expectancy to shoot guns ?
>>
>>33930377
I listen to NPR in the shop until the electrified wires make the antenna not work.

I realize half of it is liberal narrative propaganda, but sometimes there's something interesting.

There is nothing else on the radio here.
>>
>>33930427
You can use lead free caps and jacketed/coated/saboted bullets. It's too bad CVA quit making the Electra, because then you wouldn't even have to worry about the primers. With flintlocks/wheellocks/matchlocks you don't either, of course. And because the bullet is loaded separately you always know whether there is exposed lead, so it seems like muzzleloaders should make it easier to avoid lead, really.
>>
>>33929814

How buttmad and paranoid are you?

>"supposed" health risk

Yes because the effects of lead in your bloodstream are so disputed. Jesus Christ.

>I'M NOT SAYING DON'T TALK ABOUT IT BUT IF YOU TALK ABOUT IT YOU'RE GOING TO HELP GET GUNS BANNED
>>
>>33930427
Just wear gloves and goggles (which you should be going anyway) and you eliminate the worst of it.
>>
>>33929864

He specifically stated that this was the beginning of a broad spectrum assault on gun rights under the guise of public health. That's dumb and paranoid. The research contained in the article is relevant to shooters - where do you want your kid to come shooting with you?
>>
>>33930427
Just do as many said, and use protective garments like gloves, goggles, or use anti lead soaps. That is what I do after every reloading session that i use lead ball in. Also this type of fear is like the asbestos problem

Unless you work in a facility that works with the chemical without safety measures, people will never have the problem.
Like the scary lead in the paint. Unless you are a kid eating a substantial amount of the paint you will be fine.
>>
>>33927752
Npr is pretty much Jews , never believe what they say.
>>
>>33927752
Well done, OP. You've just fell for communist propaganda.
>>
>>33929925
>Sound of Trump winning in 2020
>>
>>33931493
After reading his post carefully, I agree with part of your conclusion, but not your premises. Reason being that he originally stated:
>"It will be used as a vector for gun control".
>It will be
>will

That level of certainty can be interpreted as paranoia, like you said. However, it's probably not stupid. Stupider reasons have been used in the past to leverage gun control. It's plausible that the health of shooters could be used to leverage additional gun control.
>>
>lead is dangerous
that's bullshit, what are they gonna say next? asbestos is bad for you?
>>
>>33929925
Wow. I cant even. Disgusting bigots like you are what cost Hillary the election, sweetie.
>>
>>33933336
If they're going to cite health reasons then they need to re-ban booze. They won't of course, because that's something that they enjoy.
>>
>>33933353
Complete horseshit, next thing you know they'll be telling us we can't have gas fights. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!
>>
>>33931450
>he believes npr is actually concerned for the well being of gun owners

Git the fuck out. You clearly dont belong here
>>
>>33931493
liberals don't give a shit about gun owners

Guaranteed every """reporter""" and """journalist"""' at NPR hates guns and the people who own them fervently

everyone knows lead is bad just like cigarettes, this is purely to push more gun control you naive idiot
>>
>>33927752
>muh body
>muh choice
>>
>>33927752
Everything is fucking bad for you, we are incredibly delicate bags of meat, unless it's guaranteed to cause an immediate heath problems don't worry about it.
>>
File: completeIdiocy.jpg (114KB, 688x960px) Image search: [Google]
completeIdiocy.jpg
114KB, 688x960px
>>33933420
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.