[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/. What about this for a short series or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Alright /k/. What about this for a short series or something for Netflix, or an anime/manga or whatever the fuck.

Guy "Or you" gets transported to medieval Europe or Feudal Japan or some shit, WITH his EDC. He then goes through a chain of events learning forms of combat based on where he is but has his gun for "OH SHIT" moments or when he needs to show that he is a god.

What do you think? Make for an interesting story/show? As I was writing this, I realized it's VERY similar to Army of Darkness but think less hokey.

"though Army of Darkness is my literal favorite movie"

TL:DR Transported back in time, EDC Pistol only for super OH SHIT moments whilst learning combat of the time as a show/book.
>>
you have limited ammunition and only a pistol.
If they don't outright kill you for looking and talking strange, you really serve no purpose outside of shooting a few mags worth at 7-20 feet.

You better have good knowledge of history or some solid knowledge of how technology/techniques of various industries developed and dish that shit out and get yourself into a good position with the leadership as you cut a few hundred years of development off of the nation you're "advising".
>>
File: PUG WTF.gif (884KB, 216x288px) Image search: [Google]
PUG WTF.gif
884KB, 216x288px
>>33927390
Let's give it a fictional aspect of something like 47 Ronin.
Someone is willing to train you, whether it's a company of warriors, or just an outcast who knows you're something special because plot armor.

What kind of things could ensue?
>>
>>33927408
Not much, if we are talking an edc that would range from 380 to 357, with anyone who has the 380 / 38special / 5.7 / 45acp being completely useless because those rounds would struggle to break through plate armor or do much more than break apart chainmail and the guys with 357 / 10mm / 454 casul / 460 rowland being slightly better off by simply being able to kill people in chain mail and seriously dent or penetrate plate armor, but they would have like tops 12-15 shots on them so very quickly they would be useless.

tl ; dr you are vastly overestimating the potential of edc pistols and underestimating the defensive strength of medieval armors. Rifles were the guns that took out armor, not pistols.
>>
>>33927408
other than what >>33927435 said, modern weapons depend on a lot of support to get them working properly and stay working properly, from cleaning kits and maintenance to the actual ammunition. The moment you replace the world that has all this industry and infrastructure that supported the modern firearm, you better have a shit load more than EDC amounts if you want to not end up as a footnote in history.

Now if you were to be transported back with a car load of ammo, kits, and a rifle with optics AND through consequences, you're not killed and accepted into a group/faction/etc, then you might have something going for a little bit as long as you don't try and take on an army.
>>
>>33927372
You have a basic premise, not a story. Everyone has some stupid idea, but then when asked what the story is and who the characters are, they have no clue. You are representative of every armchair "writer" I have ever met. Inb4 "yeah, but I haven't written it yet" or "I was going to get someone else to write it."
>>
>>33927475
Like I said in the original post. Only the EDC pistol, very limited ammo, very short story. Not someone meant to stay alive forever.
>>
File: 1452984756879.jpg (273KB, 655x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452984756879.jpg
273KB, 655x1024px
>>33927485
I'm not trying to write anything, or even saying that I have a story or want to write one. Just thought it would be a neat topic/basic premise for someone to get some neat scenarios from.

I can see though that the autism levels at this time of day are higher than usual and everyone is just taking it way too /k/omando instead of coming up with something fun.

Just something to have fun with, nothing serious. Also why the attack anyways?
>>
>>33927372

The cooler idea is that a man gets sent back in time with his edc... and introduces the world to the idea of firearms. Imagine it, the odd man out of time goes back to medieval England or wherever, gets taken before the local magistrate for being a weirdo that barely speaks their olde english. Shows the nobility his futuristic technology. The man only has a rudimentary knowledge of firearms, but it is enough to jumpstart a technological revolution.

He tells them what he knows of making gunpowder, making penicillin, fucking soap. Tells them about germs. Has enough basic knowledge to set up a bunch of lenses and makes a rudimentary microscope. Tells them how engines work, how to better refine their steel, introduces the assembly line, the principals of airplanes, hot air balloons, automobiles, trains, fertilizer, aspirin, etc...

In five years the man has risen to pseudo nobility status. He eats with kings and dukes and sells his secrets to their alchemists. The kingdom has cannons, bombards, hand grenades. He has introduced the scientific method.

In a few decades the country has been revolutionized. Modern medicine has been introduced. The first trains travel the countryside. The population has boomed due to much better growing seasons thanks to his ideas. The country is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition and is poised to take over the world.
>>
>>33927586
ITS A WITCHE! MAGICK!

BURN HER!
>>
>>33927372
Sounds super gay
>>
>>33927372
You mean basically Gate? Too late to the party anon.
>>
>>33927586

How far back are we talking then?
People knew about gunpowder from about the 13th.c
Actual useful powder was made from late 14th.c

So it would just be "oh he has a really nice arqeubus" , good for him
>>
>>33927372
>what is A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
>>
>>33927586
>He tells them what he knows of making gunpowder, making penicillin, fucking soap. Tells them about germs. Has enough basic knowledge to set up a bunch of lenses and makes a rudimentary microscope. Tells them how engines work, how to better refine their steel, introduces the assembly line, the principals of airplanes, hot air balloons, automobiles, trains, fertilizer, aspirin, etc...

>because an average man knows all of that shit
>>
B O O M S T I C K
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.