[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever tried to get into their country's special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: 1494441553809.jpg (41KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1494441553809.jpg
41KB, 590x350px
Anyone here ever tried to get into their country's special forces? How did it go?
>>
File: 1493717886508.jpg (117KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493717886508.jpg
117KB, 768x1024px
I tried to get into the Navy Seals, but they told me that I was so outstanding that they just couldn't accept me out of respect.
>>
>>33921449
thought about doing boarding party until i heard they got rid of their MP5 inventory
>>
No, but I talked to the honor guard guys while in Navy basic, they told me I was too ugly
>>
>>33921479
Had the same problem with the SAS. I did one mission with them and completed it before the rest of the team had showed up. They were afraid I would make the rest of the regiment look bad so they kicked me out.
>>
>>33921449
No, but one got in me if you catch my drift.
>>
>>33921449
Only possible if you are close to the political elite which Im not.
t.Balkan
>>
>>33921449
Tried out along with a guy who was super moto and had failed out of the pipeline once. I basically tagged along with him for laughs. Failed out pretty early on. I ain't even mad tho.
>>
File: 4Chan.jpg (103KB, 750x614px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan.jpg
103KB, 750x614px
>>33921449
>special forces
>special
>>
>>33921546
>4Chan
>C
>that watermark
spicy
>>
My friend's brother just graduated BUDs. Don't know anything other than that. sooper secret
>>
Not SF, but related

I enlisted for army burger eod, made it through phase 1 at ft. lee and then got to phase 2 in florida only to immediately get called out of formation on day 1 and told my blood pressure (i have pretty low) waiver was vetoed by the head medical officer (different branch, it's run by the navy) "after further review". Lol such bullshit, it's low but no more than most high level athletes or long distance runners and has never affected me. Then they tried to have me randomly re-classed needs of the army. I fought it, had my parents call our local congressman and shit, and was eventually after 4 months of bullshit allowed to go to a civilian recruiter and pick something else non cook-tier.

The army leadership fucking hated me while I was there, because of the trouble I went to in fighting it. They would put me on the shittiest details every day to try and "break me" lol and then tell me I could be out of there tomorrow if I would just sign their bullshit. They probably would have got away with fucking me but in a bizarre twist of fate the unit commander (cpt) was having heart surgery shit so it was just this dip shit blackbar trying to run shit and he didn't care enough to fight me about it. Plt sgts and 1st sgt loathed me. Fuck 'em ended up doing waaay cooler ass shit as a 47 crew chief.
>>
File: 0412171740.jpg (875KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0412171740.jpg
875KB, 2560x1440px
I post on /k/ a bit, I was in Ranger Regiment. Not SF but SOF. I was one of the slower guys in our RIP Class (02-07) on runs. RIP was a suckfest but no harder than being untabbed in Regiment on any given day. I guess I can answer some shit if you're curious OP.
>>
>>33921512
Were you the second man on the balcony?? Also, what colour is the boathouse
>>
>>33923810
I want to become a ranger, what should I be doing to prep?

What was RIP like?

How did the regiment change while you were in it?

What's life in the regiment like?

Did you get hazed? How so?

What kind of missions did you do?

Thank you.
>>
>>33923810
How did you prep cardio/running/fitness wise, and how would you say you compared to the rest of your intake?
>>
Rotaryfag... Tried getting into 160th SOAR. Had the piloting skills, but was a PT shitter, so never had much chance.
>>
>>33923891
Haha at hereford?
>>
>>33923909
>>33923921
Just run a lot. OSUT did a pretty good job for me. Airborne was a waste imo on cardio. Airborne shuffle ruined me. Run on your own whenever you can. Row and swim as low impact alternatives. Its no secret. Just decide you wont quit, then dont quit. Control what you can and dont worry about anything else within the pipeline that takes you where you want to be.

RIP was its own hell. Cole Range will test most people to their limits. Little food, no sleep, tons of land nav. Really fucks you up but KNOW how to use a compass and pacecount. Fucked if you dont. If you make it that far you'll probably hallucinate.

Regiment is tough. Prove yourself daily. Never quit, ever. Hazing occurs but it is sasa and buildings a bond between privates. Constant smoke sessions and some get really long.
>>
>>33923810
im in it right now if you want a little bit more up-to-date look on it

tabbed e4 at 2/75
>>
>>33924085
Mostly Safe*
>>
>>33924087
Could you comment on
>>33923909
Or does
>>33924085
Basically cover it all?
>>
Despite what anyone tells you, Rangers aren't SF. We're just riflemen... but better.
I went for SFOD selection and washed out on day 8. None of it was even physical, it was all psychological and SERE turned up to 11. After being waterboarded, subjected to daily CS gas, forced to eat pig slop, submerged in ice water, being screamed at so intensely that I still EEEEEE, sleep depravation for 120 hours, and literally being in a hardcore gay BDSM dungeon I tapped out.
>>
>>33924203

My friend was SF in the 5th. Told me about rape simulations and guys crying thinking the instructors were really gonna fuck em.
>>
>>33924203
thats because only green berets are sf
>>33924182
ye just dont quit and be good at running and calisthenic shit.

as for how things are in batt, hazing has gone down a lot even in the 3 years ive been in. youll pretty much be a piece of shit when you get there, go through a training cycle, be a little bit less of a piece of shit, deploy, and then get your tab at which point you are the lowest not piece of shit you can be.

getting the tab should be your #1 goal
>>
>>33924259
This
>getting the tab should be your #1 goal
>>
>>33924252
that's sere in general from what i hear.
>>
>>33924203
Can you talk more about sfod selection?
>>
>>33921479
I tried to join the Marines but I scored too high on the ASVAB.
>>
>>33924252
I never got fucked with a penis, but I was indeed sodomized with objects, and my testicles also were subject to painful implements. Oh yeah, and you're being tasered and having ice water thrown on you the whole time.

You have been told a pice of information that you are supposed to withold, and that the activities will stop as soon as you give them said information

Shit sucked man and I cracked.
>>
>>33924310
Not really, there's not much to tell. I washed out. It's not like I have any super cool government secrets or anything. I don't even know what phase 2 or 3 is. I assume phase 2 is MOS and other advanced training, and phase 3 is probably language and acclimation to local customs to the climate you're going to be operating in. Delta basically operates undercover and have to speak the language and know the customs to blend in.
>>
>>33924316

Bullshit theres no way theyd get away with actual torture
>>
>>33924426
youd be surprised what the army is able to do once you sign non-disclosure papers
>>
>>33924426
Torture is cutting off fingers and doing permanent bodily harm. Papperspray, waterboarding, keeping people awake for days, tasering and shoving things in people's asses is perfectly fine.
>>
>>33924259
how long should it take to get a ranger school slot? Does it depend on how much you train, or is it just down to luck?
>>
>>33924259
How soon can one get out to Ranger School once you're in the regiment?
>>
>>33924203
>>33924252
>>33924470

Rape? You guys are so full of shit.
>>
>>33924457
>>33924468

Maybe when my brothers were in (90s)
But not today. I watched a DI get smoked the fuck out by his superior because he grabbed a boots arm to push him through a door.
>>
>>33924501
that's boot. this is selection.
>>
>>33924501
But that's just basic bootcamp, not advanced SF shit.
>>
>>33924468
>/k/ constantly makes fun of russian army as "slav rape fest"
>burger SF selection literally sodomizes as part of the initiation process
>burgers will try to defend this
lol
>>
>>33921449
No. But knew a guy who failed the commando course. Ironically, everyone called him 'Commando' as a nickname after that. It was not mean spirited though. They were ribbing him, but also motivating him to try again. He was fine with it.
>>
>>33924470
depends. it goes by seniority, and then by pt.

if your leadership likes you youll go pretty quick. if not, youre gonna hate your life til you muscle your way into a slot
>>33924492
depends on which battalion. 1 or 3/75 you can get it as soon as 6 months. 2/75 its usually a year+ til you go
>>33924501
ill try to put this in perspective for you
basic is like tee ball
regular army is like high school ball
airborne is like college ball/minor leagues
tier 1.5 is like major leagues
tier 1 is all star teams
>>
>>33924541
huh. Any idea why 2nd takes so long? Is it because they're farther away from the school/hq?
>>
>>33924558
yes
>>
>>33924541
What's the likelihood of deployment if you make it to Regiment and can hack it?
>>
>>33921540
What was the cause of failure? I'm guessing you were trying for marsoc
>>
>>33924689
100%
>>
File: 1471994246966s.jpg (4KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1471994246966s.jpg
4KB, 125x121px
>>33924314
>when the joke is not even a joke
>>
>>33923112
>47 crew chief
I'm always down for some Chinook stories, if you're willing to share
>>
>>33924535
did he go again?
>>
>>33924468
Sounds like a good Friday night.
>>
>>33924997
US Army SF.

I can't talk in detail about why I failed, because Muh NDAs. I'll say it was nothing dramatic- I simply showed up for it being a guy who was fit, but had not specifically prepared for it. Physically I just didn't hack it.

Last I saw the Moto Dude he was posting a picture of himself on some mountainside on facebook.
>>
>>33923810
do you know ricky-kun?
>>
>>33921449
Yes. I broke my back during basic training.
>>
File: Blank-Room-Soup.jpg (20KB, 663x382px) Image search: [Google]
Blank-Room-Soup.jpg
20KB, 663x382px
>>33924314
>>33925591

i can also personally confirm this is not a joke lmao
>>
>>33928379
How fit would you say you were?
>>
>>33921449
>FSK
Got food poisoned, insane diarrhea.
Maybe next year.
>>
>>33921449
Made a go at RIP back in 2007, fresh out of air assault school.

Ended up getting sick as shit the first week, like actually hospitalized with pneumonia. Got recycled twice, pneumonia kept coming back, and got med dropped with a promise I could try again when I got healthy. Never got another slot.

First week was a suckfest of running and obstacle courses, basically Air Assault school cranked up a couple notches, never got to anything more involved than that.
>>
Guards Para, which in 1965 formed as G Squadron 22 SAS - I went elsewhere by 1966 and left the Army in 1968. I joined 21 SAS in 1970, after ending my regular career early, which was a different thing entirely. My only full tour as a special forces soldier was Borneo, though I did go to Oman in an advisory capacity.

>How did it go?
No one really knew what the SAS was. I'd not heard of it until I went through the jungle school in Singapore, where they had a presence. G Squadron was something of an outlier in the SAS, in that the initial formation were judged as being capable enough to not require a selection course due to their proven expertise in jungle warfare as part of the Guards and Parachute Regiment commitments to Borneo and Malaya.

There was a fair bit of resentment over this, but it was a necessity at the time.
>>
>>33921497
sorry to hear that mate
>>
I left RASP in 2014.
I was a shit runner no matter how much I trained, and I knew I wasn't physically fit enough to be there and was wasting a slot that someone else could use to succeed.

I had already been in TRADOC about 11 months by that point and I was ready to go to work. In addition, I really only wanted to be a Ranger to say I was a Ranger.
>>
>>33928862
Any stories from Oman? I heard it got a bit hairy out there.
>>
>>33928783
300 in the Army PT test. I was focused on distance running on my own time. I'd recently come out of the Air Assault course, so my rucking was good though not great (I got much better later in my career when I started going to the gym to lift). I lacked serious strength due to not being interested at all in lifting (5x5 type stuff being the most relevant) at the time.
>>
>>33928978
I ended up there by chance, really. My wife, then girlfriend, was studying at KCL and we met for a drink after she had taken an exam. I had envisioned a night in watching Match of the Day, but needs must.

Anyway, the next morning her father came round to her flat and introduced himself. He was a former Green Jacket officer and had been working in the Gulf for a time, and he had got a phone call from someone in the Sultan's Armed Forces asking if he knew anyone who would be interesting in going out there to fill roles. They had regular officers and SNCOs from the Army on exchange, along with the BATTs. At the time I was hanging around the TA on weekends and some Tuesdays, studying part time and not doing a great deal. My future father in law gave me a bit of insight, made the offer and that was that.

I was in country on and off for three years. I had a fine time. Not much knife between the teeth stuff, but it allowed me to build a proper career.
>>
>>33929080
What became of you later?
>>
>>33929134
Private sector. Some work at the NATO Comms School in Belgium and the JSIW, but mostly private security in the developing world.

I moved to Florida in the mid 80s and since 2000 have split my years between the UK and the US.
>>
>>33929241
Got any advice for an aspiring young lad who wants to join the reg?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>33929511
If by that you're referring to the Parachute Regiment, then speak to a recruiter. They'll inform you about all the requirements and the process. Fitness, real fitness, is the whole game. Play a team sport and have a good exercise regime. Run 50 miles a week as a minimum, with good trainers and no carried weight - just shorts and t shirt. Ideally you need to be comfortable with running a half marathon.

22 - same principle as above but your unit will have someone who knows the latest wisdom, or will put you in contact with someone who does.

Regardless, the easiest and most beneficial thing to train is your cardio. Everything else is easier when you're fit. You won't be sat in the classroom dreading the next run if you're head of the pack.
>>
>>33921449
nearly made it, but then i had a car accident and had to learn walking again.
>>
>>33921449
Wasn't this thread on /fit/ a day ago or so?
>>
File: 1488812649540.jpg (50KB, 858x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488812649540.jpg
50KB, 858x1024px
>>33930417
Yes
>>>/fit/41390862

And it's pretty fucking embarrassing that /fit/ got more replies than /k/
>>
>>33928379
Anon online..... I can't say because I signed an NDA and the gubment is TOTALLY gonna hunt me down if I do
>>
whats the point of being special forces when they just kill you off after an important mission?
>>
>>33932311
If you stay in long enough, you finally get to be promoted to be the "they" who kill off the special forces guys who know too much.

And let me tell you- the dental plan and 401k for that job is great.
>>
>>33932311
really makes you think
>>
>>33921449

It was great. I was second man on the balcony.
>>
>>33932325
>>33932340

isn't every single seal that was involved in the bin laden raid dead?
>>
I tried to join MARSOC

Didn't make it past the indoc. It was rough. The funny part though, is that the MARSOC guy who was running it wore Crocs during our long as runs. And he fucking blew everyone out of the water.
>>
>>33932380
Did you not have enough tattoos?
>>
I did, but became a SAR tech instead. I don't feel like getting shot at in some sandbox of a country.
>>
>>33932380
Are crocs /ourshoe/?
>>
>>33928862
Definitely want to hear more about this. Any stories would be rad
>>
>>33923968
What kind of unique training does SOAR do?
Not bait, genuinely curious
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.