[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a preemptive attack scenario, is there any way to neutralize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: nintchdbpict000319490587.jpg (62KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000319490587.jpg
62KB, 960x639px
On a preemptive attack scenario, is there any way to neutralize North Korea artillery that currently has Seul as hostage?
>>
>>33912420
Probably

http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet-special-reports/mind-the-gap-between-rhetoric-and-reality/
>>
>>33912420
Deploy whatever that land-based CIWS gun was called that shoots down rockets/arty/mortars to at least reduce the number of shells on target, counter with own arty, naval bombardment, bombs.
>>
>>33912420
Same problematic like the first gulf war. Set up and all will be just fine.
>>
>>33912443
"Artillery shelters for twenty million people exist in the greater Seoul metropolitan area. After the initial surprise has worn off, there simply won’t be large numbers of exposed people."

I was sure that something about that existed, I asked a korean guy once, but he couldn't answer.
>>
>>33912420
Drop food packages all over the place, they all will be busy picking it up including the officers.
>>
>>33912491
The biggest problem will be the fire started by the incendiary rounds, the protection systems was never used in such large scale, they can guard Israel pretty well.
>>
File: 1461561502949.jpg (200KB, 680x727px) Image search: [Google]
1461561502949.jpg
200KB, 680x727px
>>33912420
Massive timed stealth fighter-bomber and strategic bomber simultaneous airstrike with as many planes as possible?
>>
>>33912552
They are spread on a very large area, if it was that easy fat Kim wouldn't be alive today
>>
>>33912579
What are the estimates for number of actively manned artillery pieces?
>>
File: dear god no.png (851KB, 750x1822px) Image search: [Google]
dear god no.png
851KB, 750x1822px
>>33912552
Your post reminded me of that one mission in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and I immediately hated the idea.
>>
>>33912491
Those are more for taking down a couple mortar shells coming in, not exactly up to the task of thousands of artillery shells and rockets.

It would be like swatting a fly with a newspaper in a swarm of ten billion others.
>>
>>33912420
Depends on which side is performing the preemptive strike.

If it's the US/SK, they will for sure significantly neuter NK's ability to strike Seoul. Only a few of NK's guns have the range to actually hit Seoul and they have to practically be sitting on the DMZ to do it. The US would just have to prioritize the largest guns and rocket launchers, and take out command and control centers to prevent other positions from receiving fire missions.

If it's a pre-emptive strike by NK, the US and SK counterbattery fire will quickly knock out most of NK's artillery, especially since if NK wants to hit Seoul, all of their artillery has to practically be on the front line, making them more vulnerable. NK artillery will get some damage in, but begin to rapidly lose their ability to bombard Seoul with any consistency.
>>
>>33912591
8,600 artillery pieces in theory
>>
>>33912579
Honestly Hes probably alive becuase no-one honestly wants a reunited Korea. China doesnt want US on its Border, and the reuninification with millions of starving brainwashed refugees would ruin SK harder than any Artillery Barrage
>>
File: kabe31l.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kabe31l.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
>>33912610
I was thinking of something more along the lines of the mission Four Horsemen in Ace Combat 5. You know, synchronized watches and perfectly timed airstrikes with your squadron across a huge area as you sneak in?
>>
>>33912420
I can only imagine the tons of projectiles aimed to the US ground base in South Korea.
>>
>>33912652
They will be capable to hit california on a decade, all the neighbors are tired of their bullshit, even China.
>>
>>33912684
Even China being tired of their shit is probably why Un had his brother Nam assassinated. I'd guess he was worried the Chinese may attempt to assassinate him and install Nam in his place hoping he'd be at least slightly less batshit.
>>
>>33912663
The problem I have with the recent Ace Combat games (besides the lol anime setting, writing and story/character progression) is that the creators try so hard in making the missions seem realistic only to fall flat on their face when you study historical air to air engagements and basic air tactics. Some of those missions are regarded as surprise attacks involving dozens of planes committed at once over a relatively small geographic area (just to name one thing off the top of my head).
>>
>>33912746
I appreciate their attempt, but the game is an arcade console series after all. I mean, you get loaded up with 100+ missiles.
>>
>>33912772
Well that's an oversight I can live with, because it would fuck with playability if you had to return to refuel and rearm after firing 4-6 missiles and dropping a couple of bombs. If they did it would be flight simulator with cringy dialogue. What fucks with me is shit like sinking a destroyer/frigate with a single missile provided you hit the pre-designated target area but when you drop a JDAM on the command bridge literally nothing happens...
>>
>>33912509
Korea has it. They have drills in which everyone shelters, either in their homes or in special shelters for best korean weather patterns.
>>
>>33912740
Assassinating Nam is the oldest trick in the book when it comes down to super feudal countries.

For North Korea, the populace and the elites have been fed the bullshit that the Kim family are gods walking as human beings. Thus every single son directly spawned (not girls because muh asian obsession with dongs) is seen as heirs to the throne. The more direct and older the son is to the primary line, the more important he will becomes regardless if some dumb incident causes him to fall out of favor.

The mere existence of Nam is a major threat to Kim Jong Un. If Un gets tossed out, Nam is the only one with legitimacy to head the DPRK regardless. No Nam, No Un? Best Korea falls apart due to succession crisis.
>>
>>33912420

Get a shitload of roof mounted CIWS systems.

I saw it an animu it'll totally work.
>>
>>33912420
you're all seeing this problem wrong.
they're gonna focus their firepower and revenge on seoul, therefore, they're pretty much exposed since that's their main target.
fuck seoul, let it get shelled to shit - everything will come back eventually.

use their distraction of seoul to kick their fucking teeth in - B2s, B52s, precision missile strikes, napalm, WP, throw fucking everything at them. at this point they'll focus towards NATO forces more than seoul, at which point, we roll shit into seoul to help them out - and promptly attack from there.
exploit their revenge, faggots
>>
>>33912420
UNPOPULAR OPINION:
Leave Norks alone. They're only this hostile because a nation thousands of times their size has been at war with them for half a century. The nigh-constant risk of American invasion has totally fucked up their culture.
>>
>>33913308
>fuck seoul, let it get shelled to shit - everything will come back eventually
this is not WWII, even the north korean civilians security will be a concern

>>33913735
Watch any documentary about north korea, that place is worse than a fictional dystopia.
>>
>>33913865
>that place is worse than a fictional dystopia
I agree, but we've really got to ask ourselves why that is. By and large it seems to me that they didn't choose to be that way, their hand was forced by circumstance.
>>
>>33912652
This. S. Korea wants them to wither and die on the vine. Reunification woth the current population of DPRK is a nightmare.
>>
>>33913947
Look at China or Vietnam, Cuba, no dictatorship was more antagonised by US than Cuba.
North Korea is worse than the average communist regime, it become family terror cult, people have no voice even in regard to their own lives, this was a choice made by NK authorities, to keep their status quo they doomed millions of people to living hell
>>
>>33912420
Move the goddamned capital 100 miles south. Stupid Starcraft Koreans are just as obstinate as their bumfuck Nork cuzzies. Many countries have moved and rebuilt their capital city from the ground up. Then, fortify Seoul like Minas Tirith.
>>
>>33912420
My question is why the fuck haven't the Koreans moved their capital in the 60 years since the ceasefire began.
>>
>>33912509
>>33912891
In Seoul we have alot of subways and tons under ground parking for cars which can probably shelter a ton of people but if they do shoot first with no warning, there is gonna be alot of casualties till people find safety
>>
>>33913273
What animu?
>>
>>33915633
KEK
Just like in Starcraft, you build your 7-11 resource producers, technology buildings, and infrastructure for survival right in the line of fire. You are correct sir!
>>
>>33913865
>Watch any documentary about north korea, that place is worse than a fictional dystopia.

Look if its not American its shit card has been played so many times it is stupid at this point.
The anti American propaganda there is as strong as Anit Nork campaign in America.
So cool the fuck down,wars are never about the greater good.
>>
File: 1492233254980.jpg (852KB, 2048x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1492233254980.jpg
852KB, 2048x1338px
>>33917489
It's sensationalized, but hardly propaganda on the level that the Norks spew
>>
>>33912420
Use cold war ICBM's, just to piss off Kimmy that we could do it but not him.

Then we load a Galaxy up and air drop millions of MRE's at once. War over.
>>
That paper is well and good, but what if the Norks simply start advancing into and through the DMZ without first firing a shot? What if they simply zerg-rush human waves across the no-man's land, unarmed, chanting songs of friendship and waving flowered flags? What if these brave patriots* were like a prophylactic behind which surged those thin-skinned vehicles towing artillery (and screened by armed infantry)? What if when the first shots are fired -- by belligerent Sorks against defenseless Norks -- the furthest leap-frogged artillery batteries begin the waves of steel rain (which are now far enough south to hit downtown Seoul and the suburbs beyond)? You'd be surprised what patriotism* can accomplish.

>*: including but not limited to simple family hostage-taking and psycho-indoctrination in concert with special drugs including bath salts used on "reprogrammed dissidents."
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>33917489
um, there like tons of people who escaped and shared their story, lots of interviews and books

its unanimous - shit got better but still beyond fucked

it went from - you are going to be publicly executed for stealing a peace of rope in 1990 to you are going to jail for watching SK dramas now

but it seems we are going the /pol/ - jews way with you
>>
>Unprecedented bombing
>Unprecedented paratrooper attack
Will be interesting when this finally happens, nations fighting serious.
>>
Nope.

Not without the kind of reliability you'd want.* Also, it's not just artillery. It's also their whole SRBM arsenal, which can reach Seoul from all the way up at the Yalu and even if their nukes are too big and primitive, they can load up those missiles with nerve gas for some fun times.

Also, you can expect in a renewed Korean War that at some point a bunch of poor fucks are going to end up with a nuke detonating right under their feet. Possibly on the southern side of the border, what with all the tunneling bullshit the Norks have done over the decades.

*Because let's face it: When there's tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands, of lives on the line, where do you draw the line and don't risk it?
>>
>>33915633
>move one of the largest and most heavily populated urban centres in the world 100 miles

...anon. That's not how cities work.

>fortify urban sprawls

That's... REALLLY not how cities work.
>>
Another part is that it's not just Seoul. There's a number of smaller cities even closer to the DMZ that are going to eat shit, too. As are US and ROKA installations along it.
>>
File: pranked.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pranked.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
wait for next massive artillery drill (trigger it by having trump say their arty is shit). get drones overhead to spot any large buildup.
on day of the drill, bomb the fuck out of it. tadah.
>>
>>33913947
Cuck
>It's not Jamal's fault he's a murdering rapist. It's the white man.
>>
>>33920632
There is a lot of mines in the Korean DMZ. Including rumour has it, nuclear ones. And the Norks have nukes too, they've most certainly buried one or two in the DMZ at least as a hedge.

One does not simply "zerg rush" the most mined area on the planet.
>>
>>33912509
Not to mention all the high rise buildings are placed in such a way that they will tank a lot of the hits protecting people on the ground below. So the only think you will need to worry about is broken glass falling down on people.
>>
>>33912579
>They are spread on a very large area

Use chemical weapons then, the artillery isn't going to fire itself after all.
>>
>>33914052
>Reunification woth the current population of DPRK is a nightmare.

You mean to tell me allowing masses of uneducated peasants into your country isn't good for the economy? Won't they do the jobs that SKs refuse to do?
>>
>>33913735
>>33913947
>>33917489
Kim, we know this is you.
>>
>>33921948
The biggest problem will be the fires caused by incendiary rounds, beyond that there is the risk of chemical attack
>>
>>33921923
>nuclear mines

Are the nuclear mines immune to nuclear mines?
>>
>>33922017
heheheh nukes lmao XXDDD
>>
>>33912746
>besides the lol anime setting

So Earth is an anime now? Weird, why did no one inform me of this?

>>33912855
Autism.

>>33913735
>>33913947
Completely wrong, Juche is a radical ideology which has nothing to do with America's presence. You also seem to forget that NK started the war on their own accord.
>>
>>33915648
SK is hilly as fuck so there isn't a whole lot of good places to build large cities. Not to mention Seoul being the capital doesn't mean it still wouldn't get huge like it did. There are plenty of places where the capital is smaller than surrounding cities.
>>
>>33921978
north korea is rich in coal and other things underground, they will have a ton of business opportunities
like the germans did they will be ok
>>
>>33912509
Wrecking the infrastructure would be sufficient. There isn't a lot of use in mass murdering civilians.
25 million displaced people + a crippled economy, however...
>>
>>33922052
The (West) Germans were ok because they were given billions of dollars and the support of the world's premier manufacturing nation.
It wasn't easy or quick.
>>
>>33917489
>So cool the fuck down,wars are never about the greater good.

Butthurt /pol/tard fuck off.

>>33921094
>bunch of poor fucks are going to end up with a nuke detonating right under their feet. Possibly on the southern side of the border

You do realize that even if suitcase nukes were a thing NK does not have the technology to make one? Their militarization is absolute shit, they are not even 1960s level tech yet.

>>33922021
>beyond that there is the risk of chemical attack

I don't think so, it is official US policy that the use of WMDs of any kind will be retaliated against with out nuclear forces. Bush warned Saddam not to use his chemical weapons or he would nuke him and it worked. Even if they did go full retard and tried it anyways that would just ultimately shorten the war as we forego a conventional invasion and just nuke them.
>>
>>33922084
SK is very organised, in sure that with US and allies help they will rebuild into a very rich nation.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.