[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me decide if I should go to colorado. I've heard mixed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png (4KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png
4KB, 250x167px
Help me decide if I should go to colorado.

I've heard mixed things..

I just want pine trees, mountains, and somewhere to shoot...
>>
>>33906686
>I just want pine trees, mountains, and somewhere to shoot...
Move farther north. Why do people forget that Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas exist?
>>
Some say the BLM land is good to shoot on, some say it's an absolute no-go.

Some said the magazine limit is a gimmick.

I'm just trying to decide if it's a good move with some restrictions, or if it's a total shit show and I should avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>33906733
there's not much for my career path up there, theres not mutch civilization up there, and there's no.......Korean markets up there.
>yes that's a stipulation...
>>
>>33906686
COfag here. There are decent amounts of nature and hiking places if that's your thing. The magazine cap is a joke that cops are actively trying to repeal, so the only people to enforce it are big name sellers shipping stuff into the state.
Most anti-gun sentiment is around the Denver area, Denver-proper having an assault weapon ban. If you live in a surrounding county and drive to Denver, where most of the jobs are, it's fine.

It's decently /k/ as long as you don't live in Denver itself or some place like Boulder, and you don't mind limitations on buying stuff online from sellers who enforce mag caps.
>>
>>33906806
Youre the optimist I've been looking for!

where are some good places to shoot? tell me more about CO?
>>
>>33906823
I'm about to sleep so I can't follow up, and I'm down by the Springs, so I don't know much about shooting further up North if you were looking at the Denver area.
If you happen to be down by that area and like ranges, there are some decent outdoor ranges by Ft. Carson and Schriever. There aren't a ton of big public areas for innawoods shooting near the city, but there are several smaller pockets and bigger areas outside town.

As far as Colorado in general, it's generally dry, but weather is a finnicky bitch especially as you move further south. Denver and friends are blue as fuck, areas right around military bases are red as fuck, and every other place is pretty moderate though arguably leaning blue. It's not particularly innawoods but there are a good amount of trails and public land and all that. The mountains are a e s t h e t i c.

Hope that information was helpful, the tl;dr is that it's pretty moderate and easy-going in all ways other than Denver mucking shit up, and the mag cap law is blown out of proportion by non-COfags and is practically a non-issue.
>>
>>33906686
Different COfag here. Mag caps aren't enforced, and can still buy full size mags at gun stores, despite it being technically against the law, no one will enforce it. Rent prices are super high, lots of pot heads moving in so homeless are everywhere, all the more reason to carry. The roads are terrible, so bad that most people believe the government is stealing it, and not spending it properly. Speaking of government, you will have to fight for your state tax return every year, because those greedy fuckers try to keep it every year.

I've lived here over 13 years, CO is going down hill fast. Lots of traffic, too many liberals moving in from CA,FL,NY.
>>
>>33906686
Coloradofag here

Honestly it's not a great place to live anymore. Nothing but liberal cuck transplants, dwindling public land that doesn't prohibit shooting cuz muh theaters, and while the mag ban goes largely unenforced you can't just order 10 mags like no big deal so that's annoying af

Arizona isn't bad, but Idaho, Wyoming, and the dakotas have what you want

T. Probably moving to Wyoming once I get my degree
>>
>>33906686
CO is a sinking ship. If you have kids, god help you in getting them into a school that's not way overcrowded from the recent pothead libtard influx.
>>
Native Boulder-fag here. It's an alright place to live. I think CO in general is somewhat over hyped. People act like it is the only state with nature/hiking, but honestly you have just as much 'innawoodsalone' areas in blue states like CA or even upstate jewyork. I'm planning on living overseas after school, but if I was gonna stay stateside I'd look at Montana, Wyoming, or Idaho (better COL, and even more innawoods)
>>
>>33907268
>because those greedy fuckers try to keep it every year.
>tfw I owed them $2 this year and CO dept of revenue doesn't let you pay by card if you file with a preparer, so I had to mail them a check
>>
>>33906686
Go somewhere out in the sticks near Wyoming. NW Colorado is the tits...lots of game
>>
>>33906823
>youre the guy telling me what I want to hear!
>>
Colorado hasn't been innawoods in a long time. I lived there in the 90's and early 2000's and it was crowded. Every time I go back to visit family, I feel like the population has doubled and gotten more retarded.

I hope you've been crafty with your ducats if you want to live anywhere near the mountains and not on the shitty plains.
>>
>colorado
>the next bastion for potheads/liberals
Wow enjoy the year and a half of nice living you have there before people like ^ ruin it.
>>
COfag here. The magazine limit is a joke, my LGS still sells 15+ rounders and has lots of them in stock. Lot's of fun outdoors stuff to do too.

Unfortunately there is a rising cost in living here and it doesn't look like it's going down.

Lots of job opportunities though.

Like some of the other CO fags in this thread have said, make sure you have your money straightened out and just avoid Boulder and Denver, and you'll be cool.
>>
>>33906686

>Colorado
>"i want the benefits of living in a conservative state without having to change my retarded political views"
>>
>>33908261
not exactly, but ok.

>>33907433
>>33907268
>>33906864
>>33906806
>>33908142
>>33907499
>>33908224
>>33908243
>>33908644
>>33908767
>>33908827

so idaho is actually a lot nicer than i thought, and there seems to be a few decent job listings for me there.
>>
>>33906823
pawnee is great

mag caps are awful because it limits what you can get shipped in, even if it's not actually enforced at all.

>>33908827
>great energy infrastructure and geographical location promotes a healthy tech industry
>californians move in and ruin everything that made CO good

It has to be some grand conspiracy or something. There's no way one group of people can be so incidentally destructive.
>>
>>33908871
I would move to Idaho in a heartbeat if it wasn't such a vast wasteland of jobs.
>>
>>33908995
I have family in Idaho. Idaho is great if you're upper class. Everywhere but the super upper-class and wilderness areas suck though.

And yes, it has a shitty job market.
>>
>somewhere to shoot
This isn't your state then.
>>
File: Mount Sherman.png (3MB, 1508x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Mount Sherman.png
3MB, 1508x1298px
>>33906686
Another Coloradofag. I'm in Denver now, it sucks here (used to live in Fort Collins and Vail). Colorado isn't a bad state but is going down hill rapidly. I'm plan on eventually moving to Montana or Idaho.

Shooting on public land is really hit or miss, I like to go up to public land east of Fort Collins.
>>
>>33908995
it seems like theres a good amount of aviation jobs.
>>
>>33909044
I live in Fort Collins. Where are the best places to shoot around here?
>>
>>33906733
WHYoming is a fucking wasteland where we should be sending all our nuclear dispose.
>>
>>33906686
Utah is better. mountains and nice desert-scapes. good gun laws and it's a red state. lots of Asian population in slc since that's apparently important to you.
>>
>>33909013
Idaho is beautiful but I've never encountered so many openly hateful nasty people in my life.
they're like 4chan in real life. fuck off you nigger faggot!
>>
Utah is also pretty gud, you don't need a license for open carry and all you need to do is say basic information to the Sheriff and batta bam batta boom you can open carry. Also it's really beautiful.
>>
File: innamountains.jpg (558KB, 1803x1014px) Image search: [Google]
innamountains.jpg
558KB, 1803x1014px
>>33906686
Coloradofag here. The mag limit is a joke, just drive up to WY, buy some mags, come back, they can't do shit. Or buy a "parts kit" that's just a disassembled mag.
No matter where you live, you're always about an hour away from a great spot to shoot, my favorite is Squaw Pass in Evergreen.
Fucking Californiafags keep moving in and driving up housing prices, so expect commie policies in the future.
Dude weed lmao
Overall, 10/10 would be born here again.
>>
>>33909383
Not that guy, but I lived in Fort Collins for 20 years and the best place to shoot is unfortunately the Pawnee grassland an hour east. All the indoor ranges are mediocre, but this place called Liberty Firearms opened in Johnstown last year and it's GOAT for an indoor range. There's also a 700 yard range just outside Cheyenne, again if you're willing to drive an hour. You might be able to convince some people to tell you their secret shooting spots in the national forests west of town, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>33909383
Guy with goat pic here. I'd go to Baker Draw Designated Shooting Area. It's about 35 minutes away from Mulberry and 25.
>>
>>33910134
There's also that 300yd range in nunn. If I owned any rifles, I'd probably have a membership there.
>>
File: 20160709_191427.jpg (2MB, 2255x1729px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_191427.jpg
2MB, 2255x1729px
CA retards get out REEEE
>>
>>33909547
>be wyofag
The only thing that hurts more than your words is their truth.
>>
Overall I'm glad I got stationed here. However weather is annoying, and it's hard to find a long distance range. Also people here suck.
>>
>>33910293
Also, getting ass is super easy in the fall and winter here. Damn near impossible in the spring, and alright in the summer.
>>
>>33909967
>>33910213
The CA migrants are just a symptom of the same shit happening all along the coasts, rising unchecked wealth disparity forcing 'regular' people out. Large sections of the west and n.e coast are now basically unlivable for anyone making less than 250k/y. Most of the people moving here are doing so, because they literally can't afford to live in the places where they were born anymore. My gf is a CA transplant born in whatever county the north side of the golden gate goes to and her childhood home just sold on zillow for 1.4m and it's an unremarkable craftsman that her single income dad bought on a teachers salary just 40 some years ago. The system is fucked and we are inevitably headed to some sort of collapse/revolution unless major changes are made and I don't even know what those would be.
>>
>>33910702
There Will Be Blood
>>
>>33910702
holy shit thats horrifying.
>>
>>33906686
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>33911949
yea yea yea.
>>
>>33910213
im not from cali so..
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.