[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /k/. I've used firearms all my life (lower Alabama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 61Vgh9Nm-NL._SL1500_[1].jpg (99KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61Vgh9Nm-NL._SL1500_[1].jpg
99KB, 1500x1500px
Yo, /k/.

I've used firearms all my life (lower Alabama resident) but never with any sort of modern optics. As far as sights went, it was always iron or hunting scopes. I recently acquired a small caliber carbine and, while functional, the factory sights on it definitely leave something to be desired. With no experience in this field, I've been shopping around based on review scores, but that only gets me so far.

If anyone has a recommendation for a reflex sight with a high durability to cost ratio, I'd love to hear it. I saw the one in the image had a 4/5 out of a few thousand reviews on Amazon, but that doesn't seem like a very tough crowd to sell to.
>>
Vortex Strikefire 2

accept nothing else
>>
>>33903187
Get a good Trijicon or the most expensive EOtech you can get. Don't buy Vortex
>>
Get a real nice Aimpoint sight. Don't but Trijicon, EOshift, or Vortex
>>
>>33903311
>>33903285
>>33903253

Aw man. So what I'm gathering is that there's no way to get a decent one without dropping a couple hundo minimum, huh? This might be part of why I've never actually had any experience with one.

Is there any sort of low price point ones that could be recommended, or is it universally "They're cheap for a reason"?
>>
>>33903633
They're cheap for a reason, cross reference a few products and see what seems the most reliable within a reasonable cost range and go for it.
>>
>>33903633
Best one you can get for the price is going to be a Primary Arms micro dot. The base model can be had for about $80; while the advanced runs about $150. They are solid dots. If you want an optic for range shooting or hunting or whatever, the Primary Arms dot is unbeatable.

If its something you plan to use for the sole purpose of defending yourself in a life or death scenario, and your life depends on the reliability of that optic, then spend the $500 on an Aimpoint.
>>
>>33903633
Mostly, they're cheap for a reason.

You might look at something from Primary Arms, Holosun, Vortex, or Bushnell. Be aware that their best models are usually half the price of the equivalent Aimpoint and they've yet to (or probably never will) earn a fantastic reputation. There's a reason that Aimpoint costs $350+... mostly because they're designed for decades of rough and tumble service and have proven their durability for nearing 20 years of actual war-fighting. If you want a good optic without worries, Aimpoint is worth every penny.

For budget options, Primary Arms and Holosun have their proponents. As does Bushnell. You can usually find a TRS-25 for about $80. Not a terrible red-dot if you just want to try one out. Not a bad Aimpoint Micro clone either. I'd personally stick it on a 10/22.
>>
>>33903187
The Vortex Strikefire 2 off amazon is amazing for the price.
>>
>>33903661
>>33903690
>>33903705

Duly noted. About $80 was what I was looking to spend since it's my first experience with one, so I'll check out what Primary Arms offers.

>>33903849
>>33903253
>>33903311

While Vortex got a few recs, it's both out of the price range I'd be wanting to drop on an experiment as well as looking a bit too busy for the kind of gun I'd be putting it on. Maybe if it was a bit larger or more complex, but it's just a plain built handgun caliber carbine.
>>
>>33903187
Here's the deal,

The micro sight that FieldSport makes isn't bad, especially for the price. I ran one on my AR and it held up just fine. I put another one on my AK, and it broke after 40 rounds...so I had them send me a new one. The new one has held up just fine on my AK.

They're not terrible. They might be made by the same people as Primary Arms, but the Primary Arms ones just have a bit of QA/QC involved in the process.
>>
>>33903311
Get yourself any primary arms sight, don't over pay for aimpoint, trijicon,eotech, and lol vortex
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (186KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
186KB, 1728x1080px
>>33903187
get a kobra the reticle is way better than a red dot
>>
File: IrunSites.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IrunSites.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>33903187
>>
Anything under $80 is garbage made for airsoft

Tube red dot
~$90 Primary Arms Micro Red Dot 2 MOA

Open red dots
~$200 Burris Fastfire III 3 MOA
~$200 Vortex Venom 3 MOA
~$200 Vortex Viper 6 MOA

Aside from these you're looking at $400+ aimpoints, leupods, trijicons
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.