[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your best option for room clearing/ general combat,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1384.jpg (65KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.jpg
65KB, 657x527px
What's your best option for room clearing/ general combat, 14.5in AR-15 or bull pup rifle? I need opinions here because I need to decide what to get. Good AR or see what the atrax or MDR are like

>inb4 vaporware
>>
AR has more accessories, so it wins by default.

Also, it's very light.
>>
File: nice game.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nice game.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>33902944
shotguns have more stopping power. sounds like someone just watched hickok's video where he claims AR-15s are good for HD
>>
>>33902967
Never seen it, ARs ARE better for home defense. I keep a 16in AR with 77gr OTMs. That's not what this thread is about st all.
>>
>>33902961
Atrax is only 7lbs and is getting Gisele to make their own trigger group so it has accessories as well. Does that Change anything?
>>
>>33902944
Famas. Was made for tight space combat. Used it for 5 years in the FFL and it never failed to do its job.
>>
>>33902967
>4.5/10
>>
>>33902944
Take 30 seconds, Google the problems with bullpups.

You're welcome.
>>
>>33903428
I have can't seem to find anything that really seals the deal, most are met with comtention. Maybe I just have too much of a hard on for 6+Inches off of my gun.
>>
>>33903466
Less reliable trigger system that necessitates elongated, linking mechanisms

A receiver that makes magazine changing slower/more difficult/more likely to force your barrel off target.

Case ejection right next to your fucking face (in most cases)

If there is a critical failure (boom) it's not out in front of you... it's right next to you at the cheek weld.

Modular, adjustable, k.i.s.s. is the furthest thing from the bullpup (something very useful in home defense/room clearing).

If barrel length is a concern for the sake of velocity, inside a home you've got about 65 yards of fragmentation range to spare, so not an issue.

If you just want to be a leer operator high speed low drag what the fuck ever, consider how much the mk12 (an 18 inch barrel) is beloved by the real killers in Afghanistan even in room clearing (not to mention some are switching from the mk18 style sbr to longer barrels in order to adapt 3 gun techniques for rapid target change/acquisition)

14.5 is plenty short enough, and you drop the multiple problems of bullpups. If you just want a bullpup and want people to validate your choice, don't be a fag and just get your memerifle and be happy. If you want to look at it objectively, there you go.
>>
>>33903671
T-thanks anon
>>
>>33903720
Plus, tavor trigger pulls forward on the sear to fire, meaning it can go bang if you feel like butt-striking a mother fucker, so you know, bad times.

Go with what you like, barring that, go with what's trusted and effective.
>>
>>33903293
this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.