[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of the 75th's Regimental Reconnaissance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: lead the fuckin way .jpg (474KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
lead the fuckin way .jpg
474KB, 4288x2848px
>>
>>33896891
i dont fucking know lol
>>
>>33896891
>Infiltrate the objective area by parachute (HALO, HAHO, or static lines), helicopter, fixed-wing aircraft, SCUBA, small boat, foot, or other means
there was a e-8 that was the rear d smaj when i first got my unit. had some serious chest candy to include diver and wings. he was former ranger batt and i'm pretty sure he had a sapper tab too. i don't know what his past 20+ years were before he got to the unit were, but i'm pretty sure he was RRD.
>>
File: 0506171728.jpg (1008KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0506171728.jpg
1008KB, 2560x1440px
>>33896891
Former Batt boy here. Super legit. Selection is thought of as a "Mini-Delta" selection. Shorter and tailored more around the mission but stupid tough.

Had a team leader come back to the line after two years in RRD (prior to it being RRC) and dude was a total stud. Small, wicked smart, unassuming but always a few steps ahead of everyone. Always sounded, from him, like they lived for close target surveillance. Everyone in Batt looked up to hese dudes like they were real life Batman. That was my basic takeaway from watching them when they were around.
>>
>>33896891
Didn't RRD shut down? I may be thinking of something else, but I remember a big hubub about the Army shutting down some prestigious recon elements (a move that seems dumb as fuck to me).
>>
Bunch of undisciplined glory hounds, who don't seem to understand that bullets don't fly without supply
>>
they look like fat nerds who fell asleep in their uniforms
>>
>>33896891
Literally who
>>
>>33896891
I had an instructor that was a Recon Ranger that went on to SF. Batshit crazy Puerto Rican man but extremely good at what he did. Was always willing to teach what he knew and give practical advice.
>>
>>33897158
Not OP but it didnt shutdown. RRD is now known as RRC (Company instead of detachment). It falls under JSOC.
>>
>>33897227
Aight, so it reorganized. I do remember probably something about a ceremony for it in the MilitaryTimes which probably went all hyperbolic and stupid in the coverage (as is tradition).

Aside from a selection process, what's the speciality training like for RRD/RRC guys? I assume sniper school is a given. Then what? More advanced environment schools? More radio equipment schools? If they do recon and close observation, seems like dismounted field survival, camo, sniping, intel gathering and good estimation of enemy forces/ability to ID enemy hardware, and radio skills would be priority, but I'm just throwing monkey shit at the wall.
>>
>>33897248
Yeah, dude honestly I just dont know. My team leader had combat diver and freefall badges. He spoke pretty good Spanish and fair Pashto. Knew a fuckton about Comms equipment and photography. Dont think he had been to the US Army's Sniper School but would feel comfortable guessing that certain things like that are handled in-house by RRD/C cadre or instructors brought in. These guys dont always have time to leave their teams to go to official school houses so often enough certain needed skill sets are learned in-house.
>>
>>33897248
>>33897294
they definitely get free fall, air assault, and diver. probably do sere. sniper school is more than likely optional.
>>
>>33897328
No way on the air assault school. Fast roping is taught in RASP, my first exposure to it was in RIP. We spent an afternoon in RIP fast roping. Skills like that are, again, picked up quickly in-house. Air Assault school would be a waste for most guys in that position. 90% of RRD/C is made up of guys from Battalin so theyve been fast roping for years at that point. Almost any line unit guy in Regiment that had been to Air Assault School wasnt a Batt Boy and had come from somewhere else.
>>
>>33897248
Here is a skills write up (resume) of a dude who spent some timw in RRD/C. Evwrything you could want to know is there.

https://beyondsof.com/20-yrs-75th-ranger-regiment-recon-company-e-7-snipersnot-leader-psdpss-tssci-ci-poly-counter-surveillance-recon-hilux-jntv-hmmw/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.