[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's everybody's favourite weapons youtuber FPSRussia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2017-05-08-13-57-36-1.png (762KB, 1080x1401px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-08-13-57-36-1.png
762KB, 1080x1401px
Where's everybody's favourite weapons youtuber FPSRussia gone?? I miss that guy : (
>>
Who sponsored FPS RĂºssia?

Really make my ring ding.
>>
>get involved with some shady ass people
>business partner who procured all of your stuff is murdered right outside your studio

I dunno OP, where do you think he went?
>>
>>33894403

You should watch NUTNFANCY, he is just as good.

We are all sheepdogs. You will learn a lot from him.
>>
>>33894409
So he genuinely was in with the wrong people? I was never able to find much info on it, other than about the murder itself
>>
>>33894422

Oh he definitely was to some extent or another, but the fact that the guy who got him all of the guns and supplies for the channel was literally killed more or less put the kibosh to. You can't really run a big, extravagant gun channel with explosions, NFA weapons out the ass, and so forth if the guy who got you that stuff is no longer around.
>>
>>33894440
Ah so you think it's more likely that he simply doesn't have the means with which to make his content anymore?
>>
>>33894458

Correct.

I think he tried to do something the guys over at Knobcreek, and then that one guy whose name I can never remember that has a truly ridiculous collection. Nothing seemed to have panned out for him as expected after that, plus the fear he probably had concerning the murder almost certainly caused him to just stop putting out videos.

This was his biggest problem, everything he did was based around "showmanship" by making videos, bigger, crazier, wackier, than the last. Make things so over the top that no one could compete with your content. Since though he lacked the autism of a Nutnfancy, the old guyness of Hickock, or the general knowledge of Ian, there was nothing for him to parlay his way into.

What? He was going to make the channel into a review show where he did in-depth looks at the newest Glock/Sig/whatever? Nah.
>>
>>33894547
>This was his biggest problem, everything he did was based around "showmanship"

No, everyone love a showman. His real problem is that his partner was shady and got wacked, and the shadiness by association means that no one whose business relies on the continued goodwill of the ATF is going to touch him with a 10-ft pole.
>>
He does a podcast with some formerly famous youtube people. His real name is Kyle. He's got mad money now and probably doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's also stupid as fuck if you listen to him.
>>
>>33894547
he works with eric at IV8888 now, erics logo was tacked on the end of some of his videos, i think he stopped doing stuff he does not need to really
>>
>>33894608
What podcast?
>>
>>33894595

Absolutely, I was just pointing out that his selling point was to do things other people didn't/couldn't do. For instance, I think the most money Ian has ever spent on an episode was the one where he shot the M134. And he might not have even paid for that. FPSRussia had no valuable knowledge of guns, he wasn't a good shot, he didn't have a good presentation that worked outside of the very specific sort of show he was running. I am just saying that his channel didn't have any legs without everything else that made it work. People will watch Hickock, Ian, Nutnfancy do their own versions of a pistol review, but FPSRussia couldn't do something similar to this since he needed to be doing something "cool" and "badass" every time. He's the firearm community equivalent of TechRax.
>>
>>33894633

And if he did, that's fine.

Maybe he just wasn't happy with having hit a wall, realized he saturated the market, made the money he needed to make and was done. Outside of all the other things that would make wanting to continue producing content like he did extremely stressful to pull off. Nothing wrong with that. He didn't deceive anybody, the phoniest thing about the guy was his accent.
>>
File: screenshot000.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot000.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
before his pardner got whacked, the last video before, he had made a comment on that video something along the lines of "just do what they want, they're serious now". Then he makes that video of him taken prisoner, obvious cries for help. What could have happened? I hate to go full tinfoil as I do believe it was just shady business dealings rather than gubbmint tinfoilery. It did happen around sandy hook so I did have the thought that maybe it was something related to gun control push? Anyone have any leads?
>>
>>33894547
oldguyness is definitively a good trait
>>
>>33894637
Painkiller Already. He's on like every week. The reason he doesn't upload anymore is because one of the guys who worked with him on his channel's content got murdered. Shortly after that, he (kyle) got raided by ATF. Having all that new LEO attention and the fact that his buddy (who helped source a lot of the materials used on the channel) died, he just couldn't be asked to carry on with it.
>>
File: 1437094910498.jpg (62KB, 408x483px) Image search: [Google]
1437094910498.jpg
62KB, 408x483px
>>33894637
Painkiller Already. It started out as something about video games, then other games, youtube drama, and now it's pretty shit and just about whatever and sometimes games. They also kicked off one of the original creators/host. It's not worth listening to anymore really, but that's what FPSRussia/Kyle does. You can get small updates of his life on there. Here's basically what he is like in real life:
>acts like hot shit
>tells ridiculous and very likely embellish stories of himself and people around him
>doesn't actually know much about guns (surprise surprise)
>likes to make people think he lives and does much more extreme things in life
>sort of know it all tendencies
>claims to be able to easily differentiate races, specifically asians (he tried and was wrong in one podcast but no one noticed)
>basically just fake, know it all, and let money and fame get to him and end up with a lame personality
He's at least sometimes funny though.
>>
>>33894748
>>acts like hot shit
>>tells ridiculous and very likely embellish stories of himself and people around him
>>doesn't actually know much about guns (surprise surprise)
>>likes to make people think he lives and does much more extreme things in life
>>sort of know it all tendencies
>>claims to be able to easily differentiate races, specifically asians (he tried and was wrong in one podcast but no one noticed)
>>basically just fake, know it all, and let money and fame get to him and end up with a lame personality

no wonder /k/ likes him
>>
>>33894748
i listen every week. its a good podcast
>>
>>33894787
Shouldn't you be shilling your minecraft server somewhere, Woody?
>>
Haven't heard a thing about this guy since 2014. He wasn't even a real Russian (or Slav), IIRC. The accent was just part of his act.
>>
>>33894409
could you define shady ass people? Like people who wanted to buy firearms less than legitimately?
>>
>>33895146
Possibly. There's no way a nobody like him could've been able to afford all those NFA weapons legally without some shady connections. YouTube's paychecks back then may have been bigger but 1 million views can only buy so many tax stamps.
>>
>>33894818
Woody pulled the plug on that a while ago.
>>
>>33894422
>>33895146
he was in the russian mafia and had access to their arsenal which he used to make videos with
>>
>>33895341
based on what? I'm just curious where that information came from.
>>
>>33895493
he came up with his russian accent when he worked with the russian guy (the one who got shot). he made friends with the russian guy and the russian guy had connections and could get him cool weapons and shit from the mafia arsenal to make videos with. this drew a lot of attention to him and the mafia ended up putting out a hit on the russian guy getting him the weapons and he got shot outside the studio
>>
>>33895516
Ratliff is hardly a russian name. Dude was american born and an FFL SOT 3 dealer.
>>
>>33895545
oh well maybe ratliff knew the russian guy too or maybe the russian mafia lets americans join
>>
>>33895613
There was no russian mafia involvement. There were no actual russians involved in the entire thing.
He did a fake accent to get views, just like Borat.
>>
>>33895625
yea but he said he got the russian accent idea from impersonating his sketchy russian friend he used to work with
>>
>>33895636
So?
Just because someone is sketchy does not mean they are mafia. The russian mafia guys I knew were actually quiet and low key.
>>
>>33895661
im just tryin to read between the lines on the wikipedia article to figure out whats goin on bro. he said the guy was sketchy and russian and then he has a ton of crazy guns out of nowhere and tanks and stuff to shoot? put 2 and 2 together
>>
>>33895625
>>33895636
Its possible this guy was supplying arms on the side to russian mafia.

But the fact that this happened right after Sandy Hook has some serious implication, and being a cold case just adds to it. This is some serious shit. It just intrigues me.
>>
>>33895682
You're retarded.
>>
>>33895685
maybe they sold guns to the russian mafia and the mafia did the sandy hook shooting
>>
>>33895717
CASE SOLVED
>>
File: really.jpg (36KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
36KB, 625x416px
>>33894403
>mfw people think fps russia was good content.
didn't like his antics, and his russian accent annoyed the fuck out of me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.