[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm interested in picking up pic related, is there a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: beretta85fs.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beretta85fs.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
If I'm interested in picking up pic related, is there a different pistol that is simply hands down better than it, that I should be aware of and pick up instead? (Barring the 84 from consideration as I already know the double stack variant exists.)
>>
It would be hard to find a "hands down better" gun

You can find cheaper, lighter, smaller .380s but you may not need a tiny pocket pistol and you may want to comfort of shooting a bigger/heavier gun
>>
>>33894048
I've got one at its the most reliable and easiest shooting gun I own and I've got a lot of choices.
It's not the smallest or easiest to conceal .380 but it's a well made tool that will last you a lifetime.
Do not hesitate about acquiring one just buy it you will not be disappointed!
>>
>>33894248
Boxes this tick for me are,
-Metal frame,
-exposed hammer (able to double and single action)
-common round
-I happen to really like the Beretta aesthetic so that's a bonus
-"decent" single stack capacity
-reasonably compact design (I suffer from the same affliction as supreme emperor Trump, small hands)
-blued finish, and wood grips available

Those are the things I like about this firearm.

In your opinion, based on that, is there something better that comes to mind? (Beretta style design not required, just happens that I do find it to be an attractive design.)
>>33894707
That's what I've heard, a gun collector family friend uses one for his daily carry. Glad to hear your opinion on it as well, I'll definitely consider this one at the top of my list.
>>
Well, just to add some additional variety to your decision, the Beretta 70 series is fantastic if you like single action; also, it's a bit smaller than the 85. They are discontinued, but they made so many of the damn things that they're still fairly reasonably priced, and spare parts are plenty
>>
>>33894725
I've been looking at the 84/85 as well lately. Price seems to be the only con for me. Its a pretty gun.
>>
>>33894801
Yeah, the price and availability of it seem to be the only sticking points. For the price of an 85 you can find a decent glock in .380, or 9mm and buy a few boxes of rounds. So it's not the most cost efficient option, but It's so much prettier than other options, and is full steel, unlike the glocks and M&P's out there.
>>
>>33894769
Damn, the 70 series looks amazing too. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
File: 32 ACP is best ACP.png (577KB, 767x568px) Image search: [Google]
32 ACP is best ACP.png
577KB, 767x568px
It's only fault is it's in .380 ACP, John Browning's least favored ACP.

81FS is best 80 series.
>>
>>33894926
Exactly, full steel is the only way to go.
>>
>>33894933
I'm hoping to buy the 71 in 22lr soon. They have a bunch with permanently affixed fake suppressors to make the barrel longer but theyre cheaper than without it and I don't have a problem removing that shit and putting a thread cap on it.
>>
File: bKndYqE.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
bKndYqE.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
>>33895491

The fake suppressor is a bit of a bitch to remove, trying to find the little hex set screw they buried under weld. They are really fun little .22s though. A dude from the Czech Republic sells spring kits on gunbroker for them. Good idea to get fresh springs in there as some of these have been shot a LOT.
>>
File: 6n1lTg5.jpg (502KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
6n1lTg5.jpg
502KB, 2080x1170px
>>33895491
>>33895969

Just to give you some idea of the amount of material that needs to be removed to start to expose the screw. Once you find it though, hit it with a butane torch and it comes right out, fake can twists off.
>>
>>33895989
>>33895969
Damn, thanks. I guess I'll look into those spring kits. How do you like that octane suppressor on that gun?
>>
>>33894048
My nickel 85 is on consignment right now. Shitty trigger thanks to the magazine safety and there is literally no reason to own a .380. I would be interested in the nickel 87 if it held 10 rounds instead of 7.
>>
>>33894048

I have an 84, and picked up cheap from a LGS for like $250. It was juts an impulse purchase.

It is a pretty nice gun. Accurate, reliable, and very soft shooting - makes me remember why Beretta used to be considered a premium gun manufacturer.

The only thing that you should be made aware of, is that it is Double Action, but has no decocker. So, if you want to carry it in DA, you need to learn how to lower the hammer on a loaded pistol safely. It's not hard, but it is certainly a design that is outdated.

This is why the Turk guns are so cheap, because many of them work the same way.

Manual decocking isn't terrible, but having a reliable decocker is better.
>>
File: IMG_20161027_135353612.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_135353612.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
Pick up an 86 Cheetah.
>>
File: beretta.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
beretta.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33897860
>but has no decocker

But that's incorrect, push all the way up on the safety, dingus

It's the opposite of the 92 series decocker
>>
>>33897888
Is that the flip style barrel from one of beretta's smaller pistols? Looks ugly in my opinion, but you do you.
>>
File: cheetah.jpg (537KB, 900x685px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah.jpg
537KB, 900x685px
>>33897860
It has a decocker you just don't know how to use it

I have an 85fs. It's pretty sexy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.