[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /k/, Found this rifle in my father's basement.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20170507_160115.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_160115.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Greetings /k/,
Found this rifle in my father's basement. Can anyone decipher the moon speak on it? Unfortunately it's the only picture I have.

Secondly, he would like to give me his shotgun. What is the legal way to go about doing this in the state of New York?
>>
98k mauser. That;s Russian capture symbol. Used by East Germans.
>>
>>33890655
Jew York the liberal anti-fun leftist shithole

Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>33890676
no, this is wrong

this is most likely a Japanese Arisaka. The intact chrysanthemum is pretty good. Seems a bit rusty and pitted, get that shit cleaned. Google NY gun transfer laws.
>>
>>33890655
its an arisaka. take a pic of the side of the receiver with the serial
>>
early french rifle used in WWI, precursor to the 5.56 variant used today
>>
>>33890689
I am well aware. Thanks for that.
>>
File: Arisaka-Production-Dates.jpg (1MB, 1988x963px) Image search: [Google]
Arisaka-Production-Dates.jpg
1MB, 1988x963px
>>33890655
Says "Type 99" because that's what it is. Japanese Type 99 Arisaka rifle from WW2.
Completely legal to own, even in New York. Ammo (7.7x58mm, AKA, 7.7 JAP)
Look on the side of the reciever and there will be markings which you can use to find the production date, factory, and series.

Between family members there shouldn't be a need for background checks or anything like that.
>>
>>33890655
Don't listen to that faggot. That's an Arisaka rifle, Imperial Japan's standard rifle during WWII. The flower on it is the seal of their emperor.
>>
That's a Type 99
>>
>>33890707
Hey thanks a lot. Real informative.
So legally there's nothing that need to be done to pass my father's gun down to me? No new registration papers? No signing over?
>>
>>33890707
Forgot to finish one of my points: Ammo can be a bit pricey or hard to find. I own a Type 38 in 6.5 JAP so I know it can be a little tough.
I live in NY as well so I also know no online sales to your door (Unless you find a site that does it but I wouldn't want to get fucked for violating the retarded SAFE act) and most FFL dealers will charge a fee for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>33890676
Wrong.

Japanese Ariska with the Chrysanthemum.
Most of the rifles had the mark taken off.
>>
>>33890655
That is a military rifle from the Empire of Japan with an intact Imperial Chrysanthemum mon. It was probably looted as a war trophy during WWII (totally legal, there was a form you filled out). We'd need more pictures to determine which type of rifle it is and where it was made.

I'd look up the gun laws on New York state's website. A shotgun should be okay if it's done right, handguns, assault rifles, and smgs are where you're gonna run into problems.
>>
>>33890746
By no means an "Assault Weapon" so no need to register it or anything like that. State Law allows transfers between family members without background checks but I honestly don't know how to go about doing it. I don't know of any provision explaining how to do it.
Maybe just write up a receipt with the gun's info and have him sign it for your own keeping.
>>
>>33890812
Thanks a lot buddy. I promise once I have it I'll come back and show /k/ every square inch
>>
>>33890826
Sounds good. Hopefully it's in good condition and you can shoot it.
>>
>>33890759
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>33890697
>>33890698
>>33890707
>>33890740
>>33890726
>>33890759
>>33890767
fuck all of you fucking newfaggots

this thread is 4/10 bait
>>
>>33890676
Kek
>>
holy fuck /k/ is new as shit

everyone in this thread needs to fucking lurk more
>>
>>33890705
OP is the same faggot that made this thread
>>
>>33890893
I promise it isn't.
He also has some sort of 22L single shot bolt action and a Crossman air rifle I want to say.
>>
>>33890826
Please clean it soon and stop the rust
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.