[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to go shoot at the range >remember I have to clean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1323218949453.jpg (201KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1323218949453.jpg
201KB, 1278x720px
>want to go shoot at the range
>remember I have to clean my firearms afterwards
Anyways I assume most of you DO clean your weapons a couple minutes or hours after you shoot them right?
>>
File: 1493751873748.gif (1MB, 232x201px) Image search: [Google]
1493751873748.gif
1MB, 232x201px
Went to the range on thursday and shot corrosive ammo out of my sgl31

haven't cleaned it yet

But I don't really clean my guns apart from the one I carry.
>>
>>33889899
I clean my guns twice a year. Any more than that is superfluous.
>>
>>33889899
>wipe down from touching it with my dickbeaters
most firearms you don't have to clean pre 500 rounds; unless you use corrosive. otherwise, wipe down wherever you touched it to get the oils from your skin off of it.
>>
>>33889899
Your daily reminder that overcleaning does more damage than undercleaning. If youre not using corrosive ammo and your gun isnt having any problems, there is no harm in not cleaning it.
>>
I just do it because it's theraputic. I get in a quiet spot, usually with a cup of tea, think about my life and keep my hands from idling.
>>
>>33889899
I do but I find it therapeutic, and DESU I don't put enough rounds down range to warrant it. I just enjoy it.
>>
File: 1467423519840.jpg (3KB, 124x77px) Image search: [Google]
1467423519840.jpg
3KB, 124x77px
I put 400 rounds through yesterday.
>>
>>33889899
I fucking hate that about shooting.

I am very paranoid about corrosion and rust. I was dishes as part of my job and the room gets very humid. I wind up cleaning my carry pistol thrice a week.
>>
I once went 5 months without cleaning my pistol before it started jamming up
But I clean pretty obsesively nowdays.
>>
File: v8.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
v8.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>33889899
>I assume most of you DO clean your weapons a couple minutes or hours after you shoot them right?
Only with corrosive ammo. Which I don't even touch any more. The market has gotten much better for 54r/545, and there never was a reason to shoot corrosive 762x39.
I think my vepr12 is the ONE gun I clean more than once every year or two because I use it so much for playing and clays. It actually does effect it's reliability at some point. Still, I bet it's a good year between cleanings.
Otherwise, I really don't enjoy cleaning guns at all and avoid it almost all the time unless there's good reason.
>>
>>33889899
No, but my weapons don't really require it. I own a Hipoint carbine in 9mm and a Windicator in .357. Those aren't really guns that give a shit if they're dirty. If I had more delicate weapons I'd clean them every couple of range trips.
>>
>>33890135
>I was dishes as part of my job and the room gets very humid

You're a work from home dishwasher?
>>
>>33890047
elaborate "overcleaning"
>>
>not cleaning your guns at the range
you DO clean your guns while they're still hot right? i seriously hope you don't let them cool off first
>>
>>33889899
Always. It's like cuddling after sex, except it smells better.
>>
>>33890923
do that shit around here and they kick you out. you rented a lane, they expect you to use it
>>
>>33889899
Just finished cleaning my P320 after today's range trip.

Haven't cleaned it in about 1200 rounds of steel cased ammo, not a single malfunction in that time.
>>
>>33889899

I clean them when I get them and usually after I shoot. I have contemplated not cleaning them after every range day but I find it nice.

also cleaning is a nice stress reliever when I fully take apart the gun. makes me not focus on my work or other shit.
>>
>>33889899
Usually that very night, yeah. Sometimes with whiskey, almost always with a movie.

Why do you ask?
>>
>>33889899
Of course, the fuck do you take me for?
>>
i strip naked and clean them the night after i come home from the range. its relaxing and i love the smell of hoppes on me in the morning.
>>
>>33889899
I fucking hate cleaning my guns, especially rifles. Especially something like the mosin where I need to find my lost headspacing tool for the firing pin.

If I could pay someone 10 bucks per weapon to clean, I would.

Right now my to-do list is my:
CZ82 (carry gun)
Garand
Mosin
S&W29
S&W(forgot the model, but bascially my 29 in .357)
Then comes my 10/22, but I haven't even broken that down or cleaned it since I bought it new. Still took 4 rabbits with it so far.
>>
>>33890135
>I wind up cleaning my carry pistol thrice a week.

You should be more worried about the primer mix being knocked out from the primer as you unload your gun more than 10 times a month.
>>
>>33889899
>Not getting cleaning service
>Not enjoying fondling your guns at home
>>
I just put a bore snake through them before putting them back into the case.
I'm a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>33889899
>Anyways I assume most of you DO clean your weapons a couple minutes or hours after you shoot them right?
Fuck no. Only when they get dirty.
>>
>>33889899
I clean my AR after i shoot it

Usually I just wipe off the bolt and carrier and don't lube it until I'm ready to shoot it
>>
I don't even know how to clean my guns
>>
>>33889899
I clean my guns whenever I get done shooting them.

Pretty easy to do, thanks to Ballistol. Handguns being easy to clean in general helps too.
>>
Carbon is overrated.
I only worry about rust
>>
>>33889899
Not really. I clean them after like 500 rounds or more. Only exception being corrosive ammo of course, but I live in the desert and it can wait hours without any risk of rust most days of the year
>>
>>33889899
You just reminded me I still have to clean my Mosin, I hadn't cleaned that since I went to the range after Christmas last year.
>>
>>33890923
What happens if you clean a cold gun?
>>
>>33889899
Yes, detail cleaning my guns is all part of range day. Honestly, I enjoy doing it.
>>
>>33889899
Only my AR mostly because I have nogunz shoot it and I don't want to fuck up on them. I rather people not buy into the AR-15s are jammomatics meme. Still that's like every 300 rounds or so.

Mossberg 500 had 1500 through it before I cleaned it.

SAR B6P had probably 500 through it when I cleaned it.

The Walther KK300 gets cleaned every 200 rounds and before every competition but I haven't shot it in over year.
>>
>>33890869
Tell that to my Drill Instructors.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.