[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck doesn't the army switch to ballistic plastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Why the fuck doesn't the army switch to ballistic plastic head protection?

The ACH is fucking retarded.

SF don't even wear them, they operate in skateboard helmets.
>>
File: 1480610292902.jpg (36KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480610292902.jpg
36KB, 450x450px
Why do these guys look so sad?
>>
>>33880227
Because Moby-Dick raped them
>>
>>33880227
Operating is a dirty job and the rewards are minimal.
>>
>>33880215
Because the liberals who have been running this country into the ground since most of us were born have been siphoning off money from the military like a leech for dem programs. If the government cut all nasa funding what makes you think the military has money for anything at all, hopefully well get alot of new equipment while trump is in office / before the left wins the next election.
>>
>>33880302
What

What the fuck.

What in the actual fucking fuck are you talking about there won't be another election due to the impending nuclear war.
>>
>DOD issues ACH
>is heavy and strains on the neck
>material isn't even that fucking strong compared to some modern plastics
>total cost is around 200$
>SF stroll around Afghanistan wearing some cheapo skateboard headgear that probably cost 30 bucks
>just as durable as the ACH, if not more
>light weight
This fucking stupid, get rid of the ACH NOW!!!!!!!!
>>
>>33880215

USSOCOM hasn't rolled with bump helmets for about a decade, dude.
>>
>>33880402
then what the hell is this
>>
>>33880396

Jesus Neverserving Christ. You know that ACH/MICH will stop frag, right? A bike helmet will not. Do you know why SF started wearing bike helmets? Or why they stopped?
>>
>>33880447
>You know that ACH/MICH will stop frag, right?
This is hilarious false.
Holy shit im fucking dying.
>>
>>33880445
I think he means the old school skate board ones and FAST helmets have IIIA protection.
>>
>>33880445

It's level IIIA.
>>
>>33880445
The best of both worlds my friend
>>
>>33880445
As good as it is, it won't gonna replace traditional pasgt-like helmet
>>
>>33880456
If you like dying so much why don't you kill yourself already?
>>
>>33880396
You do realize the ops core they're wearing is actually pretty fucking expensive right?
>>
>>33880663
Its only expensive because of redtape involved with supplying troops.

And even still, its nowhere as expensive as fucking the ACH
>>
File: 1489809471946.jpg (18KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1489809471946.jpg
18KB, 327x316px
>>33880456
>he thinks a level IIIA helmet (that will stop .44 magnum) wont stop fragmentation
>>33880676
>he thinks an opscore helmet ($1200+) costs less than an ACH
>>33880445
>he thinks a ballistic helmet and a bump helmet are the same thing
>>
>>33880698
shut the FRICK up i know what the frick im talking about.
>>
>>33880676
An ACH cost somewhere around $400. An Ops Core cost over $1000.

It's got nothing to do with red tape.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.