[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever bought a suppressor and permanently attached

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ar15 sbr suppressed 2.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ar15 sbr suppressed 2.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
Anyone here ever bought a suppressor and permanently attached it to SBR upper to make it over 16 inches?

I'm thinking of doing that to 5.56, do you have any recommendations for the kind of Suppressor that will get me a lot of length and reduction of noise?
>>
>>33879262
Do you mean in attempt to make it NFA complaint?
>>
>>33879302
Yes, Basically I want a firearm that is 16.5 inches barrel overall length and short but also suppressed. I'm looking for quiet suppressor because I intend to pin it, therefore said suppressor ought to be good.
>>
>>33879321
U know you have to clean those right
>>
>>33879321
Does it have to be welded though?
I figure as long as it's on then it should be fine.
If you're really paranoid, you could just take the stock off to put it in pistol mode until you can put it back on.
I'm not really familiar with gun laws though
>>
>>33879331
Why did you spell you two different ways?
>>
>>33879262
either way its effectively registered because of the surpressor, what's the point of dodging SBR status?
>>
File: Lolli_Beachy_Bow_Bottom.webm (1MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lolli_Beachy_Bow_Bottom.webm
1MB, 404x720px
>>33879302
>>33879321
>>33879262
>>33879344
>>33879378
It's the classic case of "do you measure from the base of the shaft or from where the balls start"
>>
>>33879344
>Does it have to be welded though?
For the ATF to consider it part of the barrel? Well, that's one method. Blind pinning is somewhat more destructive.
>>
>>33879344
>I'm not really familiar with gun laws though
ignore this idiot that is posting for literally no reason. everything he just said will cost you

>>33879425
what the fuck are you talking about? its always been distance from muzzle to closed boltface.

>>33879455
>>33879262
there are manufacturers that make direct thread suppressors to be pinned and welded, as well as barrel/suppressor/gasblock assemblies for sale. shop around the larger ones or find a relevant thread on silencertalk, or call SilencerShop
>>
>>33879378
SBRs you have to file to cross state lines with. If you travel to shoot for hunts, or to visit family as examples then to bring only a suppressor across state lines you just need to bring a copy of your form 4.

Single stamp guns like OP is looking for have a place.
>>
>>33879605
This

Op, there are some integrally suppressed AR uppers out there on the market. Not cheap but they exist and are designed exactly how you want to do it.

Another option would be to do it on a form 1 and build the can yourself
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.