[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best anti-riot helmet and why is it the stahlhelm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: s-l1000.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
What is the best anti-riot helmet and why is it the stahlhelm?
Pros:
>Superior neck and back of head protection
> implying you'll be going prone during a riot
>repros are made to fit all head sizes
>intimidating appearance
Cons:
>1 stahlhelm costs as much as 6 slav pots
>everybody will think you're a Nazi
>>
>>33876837
If it's so great, why aren't riot police using it?
>>
>>33876837
it even has the lugs for a face shield
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
Huh, you'd think the best riot helmets would be the very expensive ones specifically designed for riots over many decades. But what do I know, I'm just a civvy.
>>
>>33876854
>>33876862
I'm talking about civvie use. You know, nationalists vs. Antifa and all that junk.
>>
Honestly the best anti-riot or whatever helmet is one that makes you not stick out, so just go with a skateboard helmet, some good goggles, and maybe a neoprene face mask under a cloth face mask or something.
>>
>>33876837
I got my repro M35 Stahlhelm for 100 bucks shipped (65 for the helmet + liner, 15 for aging, 20 for shipping because fucking god damn it UK)

I only found one place that makes repros in my size, and originals are deathly expensive. Most repros are size 60/61 and 62/63, anything else is hard to find.

Also, that helmet is on the mannequin wrong - you wear the helmets flatter - pic related. You can go prone just fine.
Surprisingly few people recognize helmets without decals. Don't tell them what it is and they likely won't know any different.
>>
>>33876837
>shit chinese repro steel
>protecting you from anything
I mean, I suppose you could get one of those DOT rated ones for motorcycles but you're still worse off protection wise then the disheveled man wearing a Romanian pot
>>
>>33876878
you know you can just buy riot helmets, right?
Some of them even have visors, how cool is that?
>>
>>33876967
Where did you get it from?
>>
>>33876878
Then get a forestry helmet or a skull cap (horse riding helmet) best Antifa protection for your dollar, then just get a 3m respirator and some safety goggles and you're set. Also if you find a store that sells a skull cap, pick up a riding vest as well (pretty much stab proof).
>>
I really want a Stahlhelm. I think I'll pop a helmet cover on it for maximum SS operator loo if I get one. Do these look like a good deal? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091JL7P8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3I3BE71TORY04
>>
>>33876994
>3m half face
Seems kind of shitty around tear gas
Why bother when there's nato threaded full face masks for around the same price point?
Is it just the whole "can be bought at home depot" convenience factor?
>>
>>33876837
Dont get a chineese one, get a european produced one. These things should at least weigh about 3kg.

For look, make a textile cover for it. That should make it look like pretty modern helmet and allows for lots of patches for your inner show off.

Else you could just get a M56 east german steelhelmet.
>>
>>33876991
Epic Militaria
Their site's trash, but their product is great. They have M35 and M40 helmets in stock right now, M42 helmets are unpopular due to the non-rolled edge and are rarely stocked

>>33877009
No, that's a horrible deal. They don't even use the proper split-pins, there shouldn't be bright steel showing.
>>
>>33877155
>They don't even use the proper split-pins, there shouldn't be bright steel showing.

He could always paint it himself, or buy a cover.
>>
File: nazi_happy.png (95KB, 575x293px) Image search: [Google]
nazi_happy.png
95KB, 575x293px
>>33877155
Okay thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just look into repros.
>>
>>33877416
>repros
Enjoy your shitty steel quality that won't even be as protective as a 20 dollar slav helmet from fleet farm. But at least you'll look cool.
>>
>>33877299
While this is true, that's one of the tells of a crappy chinese repro.
>>33877416
Those on that link were repros, not originals. Original helmets should run anywhere from 200 up into the thousands. 200 bucks would be the value of a repainted, re-decaled helmet like you can find at Hessen Antique.

>>33877438
Repros aren't bad if he gets a Euro or American repro; but chinese repros are worthless.
>>
File: finn_with_svt40.jpg (242KB, 1280x888px) Image search: [Google]
finn_with_svt40.jpg
242KB, 1280x888px
>>33877449
>A genuine military issue combat helmet- NOT A REPRODUCTION.
They are real, but they were used in the Finnish army after WWII and don't have the original stamps or liners so that's why they're cheaper. However a lot of them were produced in Germany or Hungary, so idk, if it is real do you think I should get it?
>>
>>33877449
>While this is true, that's one of the tells of a crappy chinese repro.
Did you even read the heading of the page for the helmet? It's an authentic military she'll from Finland. Maybe IMA used non original pins they didn't bother painting if they put them together themselves. Or maybe the Finns just didn't worry about that.
>>
>>33877416
There's this on Amazon too, and a much better deal. https://www.amazon.com/German-Steel-Helmet-Stahlhelm-M1935/dp/B0036HJGMW/
Beware though, I can't tell you how these will do, because I don't buy helmets from Amazon and they're made in Taiwan.
>>33877471
>>33877479
No, I didn't read their overly worded description. They have it marked as "original german M40", which is what I initially read and judged it by. Finnish M45 helmets are worth far less than mutilated German M40 helmets.
>>
>>33877522
note that I trade and collect in Heer memorabilia.
Also. these helmets are obsolete for a reason.
I'm sure they'll handle melee impacts, but I doubt they'll stop much more than pistols - even the originals. You'll always wind up with that one of x many that stops a rifle round, but don't put money on it.
It's just like the recent conflicts in Iraq, I know of a couple people whose helmets took a rifle round, but they're not rated for it and there's no guarantee.
>>
File: finns_and_germans_avs36pe.jpg (603KB, 1600x1116px) Image search: [Google]
finns_and_germans_avs36pe.jpg
603KB, 1600x1116px
>>33877601
I don't plan on going to war with a stahlhem, I just wanted a cool helmet with some history behind it. That's why I was interested in the fingol ones.
>>
>>33876878

why are you at a riot in the first place?
>>
>>33877601
When can we get rid of the meme that helmets are for stopping bullets?

I showed a buddy my helmet collection, and he referred to "imagine getting shot in the head with this thing on" and I told him helmets aren't meant to stop bullets and he said "then what's the point?" Nobody seems to realize they're pretty much just for shrapnel and debris.
>>
>>33877732
M1 helmets can stop most 9mm and .45acp but you're probably going to have internal bleeding and or a concussion if it's a direct hit depending. Don't expect it to stop any rifle rounds but you could get lucky and maybe bounce a pistol round. So I guess a steel pot is better than nothing. Personally I'd rather be dead than turned retard but I guess you never know.
>>
>>33877732
They'll generally handle everything that level II does though, is my point. Yes, I'm personally aware that they're not intended to stop bullets, but some sort of protection does come from developing to stop debris and shrapnel.

>>33877620
Then buy whatever you want, not like it'll make a huge difference. Best advice I can give is to be sure of what you're buying.
>>
>>33878165
>>33878169

What I'm trying to say is that protection from some pistols is more coincidental than anything, and wearing a helmet to protect from gun shots is basically pointless: considering the odds of both taking a shot to the head, AND it also being stopped by the helmet...tiny odds I don't think are worth considering.
>>
>>33876854
because symbolism is a thing.

Suppressing riots with cops wearing black tactical gear and "Nazi helmets" would be a PR nightmare.
>>
You can get a pasgt on ebay for $50. If you hate the suspension system you can also get a skydex ugrade kit for like $30 that has helmet pads and a 4 point chinstrap.

Cheaper than the stahlhelm and has a very similar shape.
>>
>>33876837
>everybody will think you're a Nazi
That's a pros
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.