[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on az /k/. ive heard a lot about it, i want to hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: eh.png (314KB, 479x354px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
314KB, 479x354px
redpill me on az /k/.

ive heard a lot about it, i want to hear more.

so far ive got this.

pros:
>LOTS of job listings in my field
>muh gun rights
>lots of shooting competitions
>cheap desert land for muh secret circle jerk club
>not humid

cons:
>hot af
>valley fever
>dust storm like the world is ending
>mexicans galore
>not many trees in the southern portion

anything i missed?
>>
What's your job field?
>>
>>33874840
cons:
>no ocean
i can't be to far from the beach. that shit is my summer livelyhood.
>>
>>33874867
Cotton picker.
>>
File: 1420570503929.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1420570503929.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
What's the drive from Phoenix to LA-ish area like? I'm a type of person that should move to CA for work, but fuck that.
>>
>>33874867
dont worry about it mr.atf

>>33874900
this thread was really only ment for people living in az, but thank you for your (discarded) opinion please (dont) come again.
>>
>>33875001
dont do any of those things.
>>
>>33874840
>poisonous shit
>>
>>33874840
I live in az and valley fever and dust storms are more rare than you'd think here
>>
>>33875072
really? every mother fucker on this board was selling me vally fever like it was a REAL BIG CONCERN OMFG WERE ALL GONNA DIE.....fucking autismos and this "were full" meme.
>>
Is northeast AZ nice?
>>
>>33875072
This. Lived here 25 years and I have yet to experience either one.
>>
>>33875001
not that bad. 5-6 hours through the desert. Gets kind of a fear and loathing feel to it.
>>
>>33874840
Go to Florida and vote, pretty good with guns there although you need a CCW
>>
>>33875635
How have you lived here and have never experienced a dust storm?? Up north?
>>
>>33875072
We get decent haboobs like once very 4 years (but when you get them you'll get several that season). They're pretty intense, just nothing like parts of the middle east. It's not some common occurrence though.

Don't believe the desert fever scare lol
>>
>>33874840
AZ fag. Up in yankeeville, you consider winter to be the bad season and don't go outside much. Here, you consider summer to be the bad season and don't go out much. Other three seasons are like a dry yankee summer.
Lack of green gets to you after a while.
Valley fever is a meme
>>
>con

When the SHTF you gonna die from lack of water/heatstroke/dust in your buttcrack
>>
>>33875415
No one knows until they get here but if you do have it you really should get out post haste, there's a ton of shit in the air here that if your body doesn't like it it will tell you very loudly that it doesn't.
>>
>>33874840
It gets cold AF in the winter months, at least in north AZ. And summers arent that bad, it's dry heat so if you stay hydrated the temp seems pretty normal.
>>
>>33874840
I was stationed in AZ, other than being in the middle of fucking nowhere, it was pretty fucking sweet out there.
>>
>>33876341
if it ever does then califags will be too busy killing themselves/ submitting to mexicans so the water will actually be able to be used here and the aquifers won't be as stressed.
>>
>>33876360
Yeah okay fine but that dust in your buttcrack is gonna chafe. Some people will not be able to deal with it and the ensuing homicidal rages will make AZ one of the most dangerous locales to operate in. You shit better be wired tight.
>>
>>33874840
there are scorpions there but im not sure if youd consider it a pro or a con
>>
Tell me the best place to live in az, please. My favorite is prescott so far and i ride dirtbikes every weekend.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 575x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 575x868px
We're full fuck off
No more liberal douche bags looking to fuck up another state....
>>
>>33876350
>it's dry heat so if you stay hydrated the temp seems pretty normal.

Fuck off, July and August are as humid as any other place in the US and it's also 115 degrees.
>>
>>33876771
m8 fuck off this is /k/ he's progun
>>
>>33875916
fuck no, im not living in another humid state. sweating my ass off and litteraly taking a drink with every breath.

>>33876282
>yankeeville

lmfao nigger, winter is the good season, summer has always been bad.

>>33876346
is it just a one time thing after you get shots or can it occur repeatedly?

>>33876378
theres scorpions everywhere man..

>>33876771
>on /k/
>op must be a liberal i should tell him to fuck off like every other summerfag with the "were full meme"

kys faggot, i will have my 2 gun matches.

>>33877173
wew thats warm
>>
>>33877216
every fucking thread where someone asks about moving, this guy and more come in and say
>"We're full fuck off
No more liberal douche bags looking to fuck up another state...."
>"something about Californian invasion"

its getting old.
>>
>tfw wanna move to some cheap land up in Wyoming but too poor and no job field (EMT) up there in the middle of nowhere.
>>
Cons (phoenix / tucson area)
Allergies are some of the worst in the us.
Everyones aggressive(ish) for 3 months out of the year
The fucking bums in winter (not bay area bad, but you see a huge increase)
Holyheroinandmethintrailerparks
FUCKINGMEXICANSEVERYWHERE
Extraterrestrial activity like a motherfucker
Nasty city tap water

Pros
Best gun laws in the country. Fuck off texas, you dont know freedom.
Cheaper real estate / land
Blm land on all sides of phoenix to shoot / camp
12 month motorcycle season
Absolutely beautiful falls, winters, and spring (family pit bbqs for Christmas and new years)
Tempe / scottsdale sluts, so many bars.
Can drive 2 hours to visit snow in winter
4 wheeling is huge here, shitloads of rugged desert to explore
Great bass fishing / cat fishing
Northern az (sedona, oak creek, flagstaff) is beautiful.

People that dont like this state live inna city, and dont go out. If you live ouside of Phoenix and tuscon and go out and dont require a forest to have fun in, its an amazing state. I commute 45 minutes into phoenix and own a lot of land near a popular lake near phoenix and fucking love it here. Im never leaving.
>>
File: 2016-03-15 23.39.41.jpg (2MB, 3069x1726px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-15 23.39.41.jpg
2MB, 3069x1726px
>>
>>33877549
EMT is pretty dead end for people that hate themselves, just go to school for nursing or train for a Para license

>>
>>33877785
>lake
>near Phoenix
More like mudhole in 10 years.
>>
>>33877785
now when you say allegies...
>>
>>33877910
The flora and fungi are unique to Arizona, some people really really do not handle it well and there have been cases of grown people moving here and getting asthma attacks/ chronic lung infections despite never having them before.

It's played up a lot but I think as long as you stay hydrated and aren't a mouthbreather You'll be fine.
>>
File: IMG_20170103_055555_688.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_055555_688.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
>>33877904

Nope, it is fed by snowmelt in the north and dammed off. Should be good for as long as I'm around.

>>33877910
Ive lived here my entire life and didnt have any allergies until I turned 30. Now im a sneezing fuck for 3 months straight.
>>
How cheap is the land up where there's trees? I grew up in forest and farmland. I need my trees. I've got 20k to drop on this.
>>
>>33878566

Pine, cottowood, or sage trees? Typically anything with pines is expensive because EVERYONE in Phoenix wants to retire in the pines.
>>
File: image.jpg (474KB, 964x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
474KB, 964x640px
>>33874840
We're full
Kidding, more the merrier. Just don't drive like a faggot.
>>
Lived here all my life. You did a lot of accurate info but I can fill in some details.

There are 2 Arizonas, Above and Below the Mogollon Rim. I'll list everything, and you can determine pro and con

Above the Rim:
>woodsman galore, Pine forrests, chaparral forrests, and in the NE grasslands
>absolutely insane amounts of State Parks, reserves, etc.
>muh Grand Canyon
>Tons of Native Reservations, like the Apache and Navajo have a ton of land in the NE of the state, like 1/6 of Az or some shit (Skin walker land)
>Large political clash between Liberal and Conservative views, Flagstaff is a college town vs. Cattle rancher and homestead types (yes they still exist)
>Hunting is more popular up north, can be hired to take care of pests like mountain lions and stuff, but the State and Feds are usually responsible
>wherethefuckiseveryone.exe
>Look at all those Mormons
>Cold as fuck in winter, Flagstaff was coldest city in U.S. for a few days
>Oh look snow

Below the Rim:
>Desert. Desert fucking everywhere
>Lots of public land.
>Farther south you go, the more north Mexico you become
> South Phoenix=Beaner Detroit
>The city is absolutely massive, top 5 in population for U.S.
>It reached 108 degrees Farenheight yesterday, and will stay above 110 for months at a time, with nights about 90
>Did I mention the Mexicans yet?
>Jobs abound, if you can't find one then you are not trying hard enough
>Dust Storms do happen, but big ones are rare
>Valley fever is a meme and it is so simple to prevent. lift shirt over mouth and nose, and taadaaa. you're now safe from memes

General things:
>Holy fuck Arizonans can't drive.
>Our education system is absolutely trash, ranked 50th in the US yearly
>We have nuclear power plants
>Gun laws? What are those?

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I can elaborate if you want to on a few of em
>>
>>33875001
5 hours in a desert while you pass the Maricopa penitentiary.
>>33875415
>>33875072
>>33876095
I majored in Microbiology at ASU and from what I've learned, it's real and sucks when you get it but it usually clears up on it's own and if it's severe they just hit you with some anti-fungal antibiotics.
Basically it's a fungal infection from a fungus species that lives unnaground in AZ, so dust storms will pick it up. If you don't go outside during big dust storms or huff dust from a construction site you will probably not have any issues.
>>
>>33877173
>July and August are as humid as any other place in the US

have you lived in other places in the US? Because I grew up in the midwest and AZ does not get anywhere NEAR as humid as it does there. My colleague from Alabama says when it's warm over there it turns into a literal swamp.
>>
>>33875001
Recently went to a concert in LA and my drive went through Phoenix.
Oh boi it was a fucking terrible drive. It's alright when you get to greener parts of Cali, but holy shit fuck that drive.
>>
>>33875415
Much rarer. Lived here 12+ years and haven't experienced either.
>>33875615
You get snow in Northern-Middle
Flagstaff gets really fucking cold, so does Prescott. I lived in Prescott for a while and loved it. Gets hot but also snows a lot.
>>33877785
Land is extremely cheap here.
When I was renting in Tucson, for 1 bed room, all utilities -electricity (of course for the AC) it was $450 a month and the apartments weren't bad.
>>33879047
FUUUUUCK the drivers here. Holy shit. Florida-Tier.
>>
>>33877173
Moved from central Florida to arizona 2 years ago. Can confirm Nowhere near as humid in az
>>
>>33874840
Im worried about living a desert that has its water pumped in. Is this irrational?
>>
We're full, fuck off.
>>
>>33874900
>BEACHFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.