[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a complete basic bitch move to go hunting with a non "hunting"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SVD_Dragunov.jpg (304KB, 3004x1208px) Image search: [Google]
SVD_Dragunov.jpg
304KB, 3004x1208px
Is it a complete basic bitch move to go hunting with a non "hunting" rifle? It doesn't really matter since I doubt I'll have the disposable income to buy one any time soon, but I absolutely love the design of the svd-63 and I'd like to buy one eventually even just for range use.

But I'd also like to go hunting and it would be cool to take. I guess I could get a cheaper 30-06 or something but I feel like if I did own an svd I'd want to use it.
>>
>>33873278
no. i used my vz 59 with federal SP ammo Last november. took a deer. but i goofed and got over excited before shooting so i missed twice. i used a 10 rd box mag that made it pretty much an sks. who cares what you use provided its an adequate round to take the game your hunting. I should also state that the k31 and mosin nagant are not hunting rifles by nature... lots of people hunt with nuggets.
>>
>>33873278
There's nothing wrong with it really other then the PSO is calibrated for shooting standing slavs and it may take some kentucky windage to hit where you want. I'm pretty sure you can pick up a traditional reticle posp that mounts on the SVD rail as well.
Other then that, It's a bit on the heavy side but there's people out there who hunt with HK91s so you do you.
I'd also be worried about damaging such a rare gun while hunting. I'd probably do it if it was a some shit like a tigr or a NDM-86 though.
>>
>>33873278
Dude, because of the import ban those things are rare as hell and when you do find them they go for tens of thousands of dollars. Good luck getting one. Just get an RPK or a PTR-91 or something.
>>
>>33873278
No, it's a basic bitch move to buy a rifle with a light barrel with less shot life.
>>
>>33873430
PSOs are accurate as any other scope within their range, if anything they are better once you learn how to use the holdovers because they are made for quick acquisition in field conditions.
>>
>>33876074
It's nothing at all to do with accuracy, PSO is an excellent optic by most standards.
It's simply calibrated for shooting at people so it's weird rangefinding reticle isn't very useful when hunting deer.
I'm sure you could figure out how to make it work, it'd just take practice
>>
>>33873278

If it can reliably and easily kill what you intend to kill, it is a fair purchase.

Basic bitch would be getting a .223 for deer because 'muh shot placement' meme when you can't hit MOA to guarantee you're getting the heart.
>>
>>33873278
>>33873939
Rifles that weigh over 9lbs unloaded are going to piss you off if you're stalking. Stand hunting would be fine though.
>>
File: WhatIreallythink.jpg (262KB, 1919x1073px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIreallythink.jpg
262KB, 1919x1073px
>>33876541
>PSO is an excellent optic by most standards.

Dude, no. Fuck putin optic.

I own three, and they suck. They're cheap, and they do what they're supposed to do, but even against airsoft quality UTG shit they have terrible light gathering and clarity. The only advantage they have is that they're hard to break.

>tfw I use the UTG on my .223 Saiga now instead. Even in rough brush and a few deliberate drops, no damage or loss of zero.
>>
>>33876572
Are they russian PSOs or POSOPs?
and really, by most standards was was mostly a nice way to say "for the price"
>>
>>33876589

1x PSO
1x POSP 3-9x variable
1x POSP 6x fixed
>>
>>33876592
Would you say the quality on the two is comparable? I've only seen the PSO in person
>>
>>33876598

Aside from country of origin, there's really not much of a difference. The variable POSP seems less sturdy, but that might just be in my head.

At the price point, any differences are negligible.
>>
>>33876606
That's good to know, PSOs seem to be going for more then they're worth these days like kobras because sometime a few years back being a slavaboo became mainstream at some point
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.