[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is American a joke? I mean the M1 is trash compared to the Leo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

File: american-flag-1.jpg (781KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
american-flag-1.jpg
781KB, 2560x1600px
Is American a joke? I mean the M1 is trash compared to the Leo 2 and T90s. All our AA is horrific compared to superior Russian alternatives like the Tunguska and BUK systems and even German, the gepard being the only good western AA ever made. 70 years ago the Germans were way ahead of us in everything! The tanks was even more horrible, german panzers took an average 3-4 Shermans to be defeated and couldn't even be killed by the front. Anyone also remember the joke of a tank the M3 Lee, these were expected to fight Panzer 4s which were far superior. It's obvious we didn't take our country's military seriously. Even now we don't, I mean look at what a joke it was in the 60s and 70s, anyone remember the Sergeant York and MBT70 failures and we were using the M60 as our principle MBT for 2 decades! A horrible outdated trash tank that would've had to go up against and fight far more effective T64s and T72s! I mean this is the excuse we use for the shitty American armor throughout history. This is also not including Vietnam, we lost to rice paddy farmers. Back in WW2 Germany was flying jet fighters against our planes and we took horrific losses. Now we pour billions of dollars into the F35, which cannot even fucking fly. Now that Russia and China are catching up, what the fuck can we do? Are we out of our minds? Do we just like being underdogs and shit. Stop falling for the propaganda, open your eyes!
>>
File: Valiant_A38_1_Bovington.jpg (676KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Valiant_A38_1_Bovington.jpg
676KB, 2592x1944px
atleast we have the britbongs and there best tanks
>>
Politicians anon. The bane of our military's existence.

They kill good programs and push stupid ones.
When costs are insane they vote to spend more.
When they don't feel threatened cut spending.
>>
File: 1471731579952.png (116KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1471731579952.png
116KB, 300x295px
>>33870607
I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
File: 9pp62o.jpg (42KB, 507x364px) Image search: [Google]
9pp62o.jpg
42KB, 507x364px
merica
>>
>>33870607
The United States has this magically ability that during wartime the entire country turns into a self sufficient factory and we overproduce fucking everything
Liberty Ships, P-51, B-17, soldiers, Duec and a half
At least when we didn't put our factories overseas anyway
Today I don't know, but I doubt we couldn't tune into that massive factory again if we actually declared war
>>
>>33870760
Yeah something that only happened ever once, and something that happened to all the countries of the world as well. All we made was overpriced junk, look at the Sherman
>>
File: burning76 (1).png (274KB, 646x377px) Image search: [Google]
burning76 (1).png
274KB, 646x377px
NICE RONSON BURNER dumb americunts. Germany had the best tanks
>>
>Europe's increased defense efforts the thread.
>>
>>33870796
>implying the sherman was junk

The combined airpower of the USAF, USN, and USMC would lead to us absolutely destroying any state opponent. There's a reason we have the two most powerful airforces in the world, that shit is important.
>>
>>33870796
When you factor in the United States isolation from everyone else at the time, our ability to over produce was a huge factor
We were too far to bomb and nowadays if someone comes for our factories we're still so far away we could either prepare for or prevent an attack
>>
File: 1493485748760.jpg (130KB, 863x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1493485748760.jpg
130KB, 863x1169px
You're using internet to complain which was invented by America. Checkmate.
>>
>>33870796
We'll you clearly don't know shit about tanks.

There's more to a good tank than just armor friendo.

Armies don't win wars with "magic" weapons. The French had great tanks at the start of the war. Still lost.

The krauts had well armored tanks still got stomped by the Russians and the US.
(A lot of those Russians in shermans btw)

A tank needs to be a balance of armor mobility and wait for it...Reliability.

Kraut super tanks were shit. What good is a tank that doesn't move?
>>
File: 1290089946_2.jpg (402KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1290089946_2.jpg
402KB, 1600x1200px
>>33870974
LOL that irony! look at the shitty abrams compared to the far superior and more nimble Leo 2 which btw is as armored but more fuel efficient, cheaper, same gun etc. all around a better tank! America should follow Germany's example!
>>
>>33871134
Which brings us to tactics. You'd like to think the Leo2 in the hands of mudslimes would do better. But it probably wouldn't.

Iraqi crews suck. No tank is indestructible. So if your dumb enough to drive over a couple hundred pound of artillery shells buried in the sand that's what you get.

Leo2 aren't being used by Iraqis or anyone else currently fighting. So there's not much chance of sustaining damage.

Come see us after someone's used one for more then a cross country joyride in Europe.
>>
>>33872115
>Leo2 aren't being used by Iraqis or anyone else currently fighting
turkey is using leopard 2s
>>
File: 1493176284266.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1493176284266.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>33870607
Fuck it I'll bite.

>Is American a joke?

Highest GDP, well formed military alliance, pioneer in military tech, has strong joint military operations both in the combat and civilian sector. Nope.

>I mean the M1 is trash compared to the Leo 2 and T90s.

How so? Leo 2 was designed under similar circumstances.

The T-90 gets rekt by just about any modern equipment and the ammo being placed in the near the turn ring doesn't help.

>All our AA is horrific compared to superior Russian alternatives like the Tunguska and BUK systems and even German, the gepard being the only good western AA ever made.

>70 years ago the Germans were way ahead of us in everything!

Yet, they collapsed. Hard. Russians were getting their ass handed to them by said Germans, so they don't count.

>M60 tank
>joke

You're not even trying.

>This is also not including Vietnam, we lost to rice paddy farmers

And Russians lost to camel riders. USA lost the war at home.

>WW2 Germany was flying jet fighters

Got rekt by a group of flying black guys

>Now we pour billions of dollars into the F35, which cannot even fucking fly.

It flies, and we wasted nearly a trillion on it.

>Russia and China are catching up, what the fuck can we do?

By building better tech, like always.

>Do we just like being underdogs and shit. Stop falling for the propaganda, open your eyes!

Here comes the redpill part, where I come to say, fuck off to /pol/

>>>/pol/
>>
>>33870607
>the Kremlin has deposited 50 cents into your account
>>
File: F-22_RFI.jpg (251KB, 470x744px) Image search: [Google]
F-22_RFI.jpg
251KB, 470x744px
>>33870607

AIR. FORCE. That is all that matters, and America invented and perfected it. Ground-based AA doesn't mean shit when it can just be bombed from high-altitude.
>>
>>33872304
Planes don't mean shit when they can be shot down by autistic serbian farmers
>>
File: Leopard_II_Turret_Lost.jpg (206KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Leopard_II_Turret_Lost.jpg
206KB, 1200x776px
>>33871134

The Leopard 2 isn't armoured like the Abrams at all and has had its front glacis plate blown clean off. In fact, when taking into account the amount of times the Leo 2 has gone into combat versus the Abtams, it has a markedly lower survival rate. It's another kraut meme tank.
>>
>>33872273
>Highest GDP, well formed military alliance, pioneer in military tech, has strong joint military operations both in the combat and civilian sector. Nope.

Oh a GDP that's being stagnant, and falling behind to countries like China

>How so? Leo 2 was designed under similar circumstances.
>The T-90 gets rekt by just about any modern equipment and the ammo being placed in the near the turn ring doesn't help.

You mean the turret ring? Either way its ERA is immune to anything NATO possesses, not talking about monkey model T90 also Leo2 has far better weight for the same armor, making it faster and use less fuel as well as the fact the gun is as good or better.

>70 years ago the Germans were way ahead of us in everything!
>Yet, they collapsed. Hard. Russians were getting their ass handed to them by said Germans, so they don't count.

Yeah because they were being attacked by basically everyone from everywhere.

>M60 tank
>joke
>You're not even trying.
But I am, and the M60 is a pile of shit, it doesn't even have composite armors and it uses a shitty 105 that couldn't even kill a t64 or t72 in the 70's

>And Russians lost to camel riders. USA lost the war at home.

Fair point, but what about our current disaster in the middle east.

>Got rekt by a group of flying black guys

Yeah like in movie where the black man survives dozens of 30mm cannon rounds into his chest, this is statement is blatant fantasy.

>It flies, and we wasted nearly a trillion on it.

Exactly my point, we waste our money like it is nothing and we cannot control the shitty people who make our shitty planes.

>By building better tech, like always.

By spending trillions more on failed toys?

>Here comes the redpill part, where I come to say, fuck off to /pol/

Okay Reddit.
>>
File: 1489801371759.gif (539KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1489801371759.gif
539KB, 625x626px
>>
>>33870607
Worst thing about the american civil war? It ended.
>>
american equipment is dogshit
>>
>>33870607
We're like the reason other countries have AA.
We don't need any real AA because we are the A.
You B all jelly n'shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.