[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go shooting with your dad >he just magdumps everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 61

File: 1381894689581.gif (606KB, 236x153px) Image search: [Google]
1381894689581.gif
606KB, 236x153px
>go shooting with your dad
>he just magdumps everything
>flags the fuck out of you every time
>>
File: radical2.jpg (157KB, 802x911px) Image search: [Google]
radical2.jpg
157KB, 802x911px
Probably looking collect life insurance on his 4chan-browsing nigger son
>>
>go shooting your dad
>that'll show him
>>
>Ask dad if he wants to come with and shoot
>"yeah why not"
>Get to the range
>"Son I cannot lay down, get me a chair and table"
>Lug a fucking chair and table the 300 metres from the range building
>"Son I cannot use this (Gestures at bipod)"
>Take off bipod
>"Son you are a fucking faggot take off this scope I never have and never will use one"
>"But dad this doesn't have iron sights"
>"WILL NOT USE THE BLOODY SCOPE TAKE IT OFF"
>Take off the scope
>"The suppressor makes the gun too front-heavy, take it off would you?"
>Oblige him
>"The neighbour said you can use this kind of bullets at this range"
>He bought a pack of prehistoric army-issue 6.5x55 in a cardboard box that decomposes in front of my eyes
>For a gun that only eats .308
>"Now go find me one of those sandbags to rest this rifle on"
>...
>"How do you aim with this?"
>
Yeah nah get fucked old cunt you go get your own goddamned gun and mount it to a fuckin wheel chair next time I ain't going shooting with you no more
>>
>not having a dad who was a gun nut and bought you your first rifle at 7yrs old.

lol sorry ur dads suck
>>
>get saiga 7.62 as my first gun that I started saving my money from my shit job for after turning 18
>want to convert it myself so I can have a real nice AK that I had a hand in shaping
>run the idea by my dad and he likes it or has anything to say
>he approves
>buy all the parts after saving up even more
>get all the parts in and do it while hes at work because I just cant help myself
>he finishes it when he gets home by drilling and tapping the trunnion for the feed ramp
>he likes my rifle
>says we will go to the range and compare his mak 90 with my saiga
>dont get a chance to go until the end of April, when things seemed clear with work and life and all
>so excited
>dad gets diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer
>says that hes going to live a few more years according to the doctor, so we'll be able to shoot and go camping like we used to
>watch helplessly as his health keeps getting worse and worse to where he cant even hold the rifle up off his lap
>cant even stand and is bed ridden shortly after diagnosis
>passed away at 6:41 PM on the 21st of April
>the spring break week that we planned on going to the range
>he didn't get to shoot my new gun, my first gun, that he helped me fill out the paperwork for not even 3 months prior
>>
>go shooting with my dad
>he is uncomfortable firing anything with a larger capacity than 10 rounds
>he leaves the M9 I bought him as a nighstand gun with a less than full magazine "because if i need that many shots im missing"
>used to keep it loaded with fucking rat shot

Sometimes I just don't know.
>>
>>33868014
>getting flagged at a live fire range
>with real guns

lololol facepalm XD dads amirite

but serious this is when you literally kick them in the shins and rub their face in the loaded gun to know they did bad, having a loaded weapon pointed at you isnt actually a joke, there is a chance of being killed like an idiot because you were not stern enough to make sure they understand they are doing something dangerous
>>
>>33868014
>go shooting with noguns "traditional christian american white picket fence financially secure father"
>with my slr104, ar15, and 10mm 1911
>he sucks ass at it all day but you can tell he understands what's fun about it
>extremely understanding of safety basics and functions of the firearms, stop answering questions pretty quick
>we talk about him getting a hold of a CC at least getting a weapon for home defense
>b-but im in a nice wholesome white neighborhood in the suburbs
>tell him it's no excuse, bring up story of man who watched his family get raped to death and burned alive because he didnt have a means of self defense
>o-ok anon i'll seriously consider it

>couple weeks later get a text from him saying he joined the NRA like that was the logical noguns first step that every firearms owner takes, got a cool dufflebag and bumper sticker
>but the stepmom isnt ok with the idea of having a gun in the house because muh safe white suburban neighborhood

fuckin disowned desu
>>
File: gun grabbers btfo d.gif (83KB, 676x509px) Image search: [Google]
gun grabbers btfo d.gif
83KB, 676x509px
>dad calls the cops on a open carrier

had to buy my first and all my guns by myself, had to take myself shooting first time ever, had to teach myself how to shave, had to learn myself how to smack hoes.
at least you guys have dads
>>
my father randomly brought me to a range one day when he was driving me home when i was a wee yung lad
first gun i shot was some .38 special revolver
my father taught me everything ik about guns

love that man
>>
I go shooting with my dad every time.

I think he sees me from up there, I hope he smiles when I get a good group.
>>
>>33868014
>go shooting with your dad
>enjoys himself
>doesn't bitch about ammo prices
>doesn't bitch about how eeeeasy and gooood it must feel to just be able to "pick up and go shooting any time you want"
>doesn't complain about how expensive guns are
>doesn't try to work French into every other sentence
>doesn't whine about how you like milsurp when you ought to like good guns that're more expensive, like SIGs even though he bitches about the price
>may have actually hit something
>probably cleans his own damn guns
>doesn't bitch and want to leave every five minutes

What's it like having a dad and not a sperm donor?
Fuck you OP.
The last time I went shooting with my "father" was four years ago and I paid for the entirety of the ammunition.
He still bitched about the price.
>>
File: 1493349932615.jpg (588KB, 663x975px) Image search: [Google]
1493349932615.jpg
588KB, 663x975px
>shooting with dad
>he NDs into someone's neck
>>
my dad doesn't like guns but he's okay with me having them as long as he can't see them
>>
>>33870356
That's fucking rough anon I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>33870356
I'm sorry that's rough. I would give you a hug.
>>33871666
Even Satan feels bad :(
>>
>>33870356

>brain tumor

Dude, we have to fucking talk about this.

Mine went the same way at the same age.

How long ago was this? I literally know three other guys who have had their fathers drop from brain tumors. Something fucky is going on. They all went out within a few years of each other. It bothered the shit out me, especially since there doesn't seem to be any correlation between them at all besides age (late 30's to early 40's).
>>
My dad believes a lot of fuddlore but he's a good guy and I'm gradually warming him up to the idea of planning an AR with me that we can build together on a rainy day
>>
>>33871329
>at least you guys have dads
I have a genetic donor, but that doesn't mean he was my dad.

He's also antigun, so I'm in much the same boat as you.
>>
>>33870615
This yo!
>>
>>33871666
>>33871793
Thanks guys. I dont have friends that I can talk gun stuff with, so this is my only outlet now that my father has passed. I feel like such a bitch for venting here but atleast its anonymous.
>>
>>33872360
>I'm a bitch for being upset my dad died
I think you've been on the Internet too long. I'd wrecked if my old man died like that, and we have nothing in common and barely talk.
>>
>>33870356
Really sorry anon. Lost my Dad 5 years ago and it is never the same again.
>>
>>33872482
I have spent too long here, but the fact that I'm only venting on 4chan makes me feel like shit. Normal people would be wrecked, I'm only telling you guys how I feel. I guess because it is anonymous I feel better about it, but I don't know.
>>
>>33872360
Don't feel like that, seriously. Thats bullshit. You only get 1 dad and its ok to hurt. There would be something wrong with you if you didn't.
>>
>>33872817
Dont misunderstand, I'm very sad. But ive never been good at showing emotion, my family probably thinks I dont care because I havent cried or seemed sad since he died. Ive only told one person how I feel and she basically said the same thing you're all saying. It still doesnt change my feelings that I can only muster up the courage to talk about it here and not with my family.

And then now that my father is dead so is my families stable income, my mother is looking for work for the first time in 20 years. I'm only 19, I work a shit job, and my boss is being a cunt and cutting my hours (3 this last week for absolutely no damn reason). So I need to man up and find a better paying job that I hope will prevent my mom from having to work an even shittier job than me. I was thinking of enlisting so I could be one less mouth to feed + send about 2k home a month, but I cant because medical shit. So now I dont know what the fuck to do, my 50 year old mother with no college degree is trying to find a job to support the family and I'm stuck in a dead end job making minimum wage at shit hours. Cant ask my dad for advice, and that's when I really feel sad is when shit like this happens and hes not there for me to bounce things off like I always would.
>>
File: 1493267083579.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493267083579.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>go shooting with dad
>he can barely aim at 10 meters
>>
>>33873275
I feel for you man. Don't beat yourself up.It won't kill your Mom to get a job so don't fret about it. Do your best to get a better job where your boss isn't a cunt. It will get better, just keep grinding it out and look after you and your family.
>>
>>33873386
Thank you.
>>
>>33870356
Sorry to hear that, buddy. My Grandpa died of cancer while my dad was 17. I'm told he was a pillar of his community. I wish I had a chance to meet him...
>>
> I go shooting with my dad all the time we go into the desert and try to out shoot each other he will normally beat me with a rifle but I always win with a pistol one time I brought my ar with a Franklin binary trigger showed him how to use it and hand him and said let it rip brap brap brap looks at me with a shit eating grin and says this reminds me of my M16 from back in the corps so I hand him another mag full retard magdump was a good day
>>
File: 1492925678112.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492925678112.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>33873606
Slow down buddy.
>>
>>33870356
That is brutal. Hope things get better for you anon.
>>
never had that problem.
worst he ever did to me was hand me a 30 30 saying "just kicks like a 22. don't worry about it" when I was a kid to teach me to question things
>>
File: 1479790610943.jpg (56KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
1479790610943.jpg
56KB, 560x415px
>>33873326
>dad is in the process of getting his cc permit
>he isn't good at shooting handguns
>groups are 10 inches at 7 yards with a fullsize pistol
>try to walk him through by shooting at a 3x5 5 times, planning on gradually increasing the distance as long as he gets all hits inside
>show him quickly and get all rounds touching then get a new 3x5
>he misses all but 1
>forgets about it and just magdumps some steel plate at 20 yards ad finum, rarely ever hitting it

I'm trying to point him to the right direction like trying to convince him using a blackhawk nylon holster is not a good idea. Hopefully he will budge. I'm at least glad I convinced him that .40 is not a one shot stopper.
>>
File: 1479703822103.jpg (152KB, 960x904px) Image search: [Google]
1479703822103.jpg
152KB, 960x904px
>>33868014
S-son
>>
>>33871498
god damned, man, them feels.
My condolences on your loss,
>>
>>33868014
>Talk to dad about guns.
>Says he only shot .22lr somewhere in the mountains without hearing protection nearly 40 years ago.

Wew lad.
>>
>Go shooting with dad
>Oh wait he fucking hates guns and by association, me
>>
>Go shooting with dad
>he never cleans his guns, just puts them in the safe till next time
>still love the fucker cause I'll be without him one day
>>
File: 1493649923611.png (717KB, 1079x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1493649923611.png
717KB, 1079x1600px
>>33871329
>>33872059
mine fucked off when I was tiny, I see him now but it's weird and kinda awkward as he feels guilty and I feel like a failure.
>>
>>33869489
Not nearly as sorry as i am... Didn't see my first bj going down like that
>>
>>33870356
You can go shoot up his grave so he doesn't miss out on all the fun
>>
>get first gun(wasr-10/63 back when they where $325)
>dad takes me to pick it up at shop
>dad says this reminds him of his m16 he had when he served
>tells me he took the firing pin out to make it full auto
>shop owner walks the dinosaur and I turn into spaghetti
My dad never even served in anything, not even the salvation fucking army. Too embarrassed to call him on anything and I just get my ak and leave. Thank god I had a extremely pro gun grandfather who taught me to shoot and hunt
>>
>>33870356
Mine died a couple weeks ago unexpectedly too man, right before my birthday too
It's hard man
>>
>Go to local range with my father and 10/22 TD.
>I've just gotten decent with it and am able to teach him.
>I coach him and he ends up shooting better than he ever has in his life.
>Two stalls over a father is teaching his son how to shoot with a 10/22.
>>
>>33871329
>>33872059
I'm in much the same boat as you guys and
I don't know if it's any relief to you (Or if you even care for it), but I like to remember that even Ernest Hemingway, that archetype of traditional masculinity (no homo tho), was in much the same situation.
I'm not saying you're better off for not having someone close to you to turn to as an example of that masculinity you've imbued yourself with, but you're certainly no poorer for the experience.
>>
>>33876481
I'm really sorry to hear that man, my birthday is the 17th and I know its going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

>>33874394
>>33873466
Ive always been able to come here for support. Seriously thank you guys, the friendliness of anonymous strangers here always catches me off gaurd.
>>
File: 1460195884159.png (95KB, 386x443px) Image search: [Google]
1460195884159.png
95KB, 386x443px
>>33870356
I never asked for feels.
>>
Anyone else's dad just tell them stories of guns they used to own?

>apparently my dad had a .44 desert Eagle at one point
>sold it to pay for some type of shit for my childhood
>I feel like shit for coming into the world and taking away his funs
>>
>>33868014
>father doesn't shoot
>mom likes to do pistols sometimes
>both of them don't really like me having guns because when I was a kid the neighbor's friend accidentally brained him because he didn't check to see if the gun was loaded and pointed it at him (teenagers)

It's pretty gay they hold me to that standard, but I don't do dumb nigger shit like that.
>>
>>33870725
>traditional Christian
>stepmom

No
>>
>>33868014
>flags the fuck out of you

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>33868014
>tfw dad is a major libtard who's never shot a gun, hates guns, and lets my mom preach to him about social "justice"
>>
>>33876620
Been holding strong but got a feeling I'm going to crack on my birthday and the funeral bad
Get stuck in a cycle, I feel worse for my grandparents, I just try and stay out of getting stuck in my own head
>>
>>33876892
My fathers funeral was last week, it was hard but the worst part was the songs he wanted played. I dont remember what the second song was but it was a country song about not mourning the death because its not him laying there.

Hope youre ok man, this shit sucks.
>>
>>33876912
Yeah I know mines gonna be something from Johnny cash which will crush me for sure
But we're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>33870356
I hope he was in severe pain through the hole thing

Nazis deserve no sympathy

I hope you get brain cancer too
>>
File: feelhug.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
feelhug.gif
36KB, 200x146px
>>33870356
>â–¶
I am sorry for your loss.
>Internet hug
>>
>>33876380
kek
>>
>>33877748
hang tough guys, condolences
>>
>>33877827
Shit bait 1/10 made me reply.
>>
File: 1343525922560.gif (378KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1343525922560.gif
378KB, 245x245px
>mfw all the caring people ITT

/k/ really is a magical place.
>>
>>33877827
I know you dont mean it, hope your life is going ok anon.
>>
>>33868014
Oy fucking vey, your dad is having fun who cares if he mags dumps
>>
>>33876504
I did not know that about him
>>
>>33870356
Im so sorry for your loss anon, may he forever camp and shoot on the outskirts of Heaven. Take care of his Mak 90 for him while he is gone
>>
>>33868998
thx fer kex
>>
Mag dumping is fun but usually betteer to do it when alone at the range or innawoods.

It is disrespectful to other shooters.
>>
>>33868014
if you let your dad flag your more than one single time without breaking his jaw then you deserve the bullet you catch when the inevitable happens
>>
File: 1490245220903.gif (500KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1490245220903.gif
500KB, 500x262px
>>33873708
Kek.
>>
>>33868014
>go clay pidgeon shooting with dad for first time
>fires his first shell ever
>looks at me in excitement and kills me with a headshot
that really sucked, would not go shooting with again
>>
>>33876715
I'm in a similar situation, mom went crazy 10 years into the marriage and left my padre and went off to do folkmagic bullshit and tarot. never underestimate the bullshit of women, anon.
>>
>>33878468
Laughed way too hard at that
>>
>Dad is a bit of an old fuck (+65 while I'm 18)
>Was in the military (US Army officer, commissioned in '73ish)
>Don't know if he was actually in nam
>really hard to pin down where he was
>supposedly he did some spoopy operator stuff, but he's a known bullshitter and his highschool friend (rootin tootin Marine Officer=>Branch reassignment to Army reserve SF=>"retired" and working as a merc mostly training africans) confirms that a lot of what he says is BS
>was in Germany a lot working with armor
>Has a really nice collection of historical pieces
>doesn't take care of them; they're all wall-hangers to him
>he doesn't really like shooting, but appreciates that I do
>sometimes buys me ammo so I can go shooting with my friends and occasionally with his aforementioned old buddy
>He likes to know that he can safely pass his collection on to me some day
Cons:
>He's got a LOT of mythology/fuddlore in his head that will never come out
>very prone to making something up on a subject he doesn't know about and doubling down on it (e.g. all glocks are built and designed very different from each other and are super complex relative to their competitors)
>His opinion is always right because 'muh service' and 'you weren't there, man'
>AR's are terrible
>M14's and Garands and AK's never jam
>doesn't do maintenance on guns (except for occasional very basic half ass cleaning after the range)
>flagged me twice last time we went shooting, everyone had to be very delicate with him so he didn't get pissy at being corrected
I'm sorry I let myself get into arguments with you over the same stupid bullshit, dad. It's just that the subject triggers my autismo side and I have trouble with discussing it using anything other than data and sourced documents even though even when it's not really the facts that matter. I'm sorry I'm so shitty to you.
>>
File: it dont matter.gif (331KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
it dont matter.gif
331KB, 250x200px
>take dad to range
>everyone giving us odd looks
>he can't even hold his weapon well
>can't aim far away
>can't operate weapon to save his life
>on way out to leave
>someone asks dad why he's wearing a suit
>dad's been dead eight years or more
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
>>33876401
10/10 was not expecting while perusing responses
>>
>>33871329
I'm trying to understand, what does may-issue and shall-issue mean?
>>
File: reaction272.jpg (30KB, 265x324px) Image search: [Google]
reaction272.jpg
30KB, 265x324px
>>33871568
I gotta hear this, I'm not angry enough yet
>>
>>33879230
If you apply for a CCW permit, they MAY give it to you, or they SHALL give it.
>>
>>33879230
May issue is when they might not give someone a concealed carry permit, it depends on many factors, such as who is reviewing the request.
Shall issue is when as long as the person is legally able to purchase a handgun (not a felon, of age, mentally capable ect.) the state has to issue them the permit.
>>
>>33868014
the only good thing my step dad ever did was take me out shooting when I was four. As much of an asshole as he was, I at least learned good gun safety too I suppose.
>>
>>33869489
even worse:
>having a dad who was in Vietnam
>has a decent gun collection
>got 22s for older brothers before they turned 10
>eventually lets them inherit the rest of his collection
>gives me a piece of shit 22 pocket pistol that doesn't work when I turn 26
yeah he's a really cool guy
>>
>>33879308
Alright I get it. Good thing I'm in NC then. What about unrestricted? Does that mean you can go and get a handgun as easily as you would a rifle?
>>
>>33870725
>but the stepmom isnt ok with the idea of having a gun in the house because muh safe white suburban neighborhood

PROTIP: she's right. you're more likely to be struck by lighteneing that be the victim of a home invasion
>>
>go shooting with dad
>he's a much better shot than you are

fug
>>
I felt this would be as good a thread to post it on as any. I've noticed my father lacking in firearms safety. In one of the gun shops we were at he had his finger on the trigger of guns the whole time. I didn't call him out on it because you just don't do that in public, but I want to remind him of the golden rules with firearms. Any ideas?
>>
>>33879364
Unrestricted is you can carry without a permit. Open or concealed, it doesn't matter as long as you're legally allowed to own it, and in a place like Alaska you just need to be of age and not a felon. The cool thing is that even if you aren't 21 you can still carry a pistol openly as long as you're on your property.
>>
File: CVH86y5UYAAr3PR.png large.png (119KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
CVH86y5UYAAr3PR.png large.png
119KB, 800x500px
>>33868014
>want to go shooting with my dad
>remember my dad died 6 years ago
>>
>>33879531
Can the open carry be allowed for people under 21 in NC? What is arguably the best state to go in regards to firearms, like availability of firearms, laws, and community?
>>
>>33879545
Oh shit, it's going to be one of those threads

>it's another "sitting on the front steps, waiting for mom to come home" dream
>>
>>33868014
>Hey dad I'm going to the range want to come?
>Ok, I'll meet you outside in 10 mins
> Walk outside 10 mins later
>Dad looks like he's ready to go to a Trump rally/ fudd convention
>NRA hat, NRA shirt, baggy 5.11 pants, and boots

I guess I should be happy he's progun but the man has no sense of subtlety
>>
File: 1477073329887.jpg (31KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1477073329887.jpg
31KB, 500x484px
>>33868014
>Go to range with your dad
>Muzzle sweeps you with a loaded Glock
T-thanks.
>>
>>33879565
I dont know about NC. Here in florida you can OC on your property or while hunting/fishing (anywhere that you're allowed to be). In terms of best state I would say Alaska or Arizona. AZ is more populated but AK has better scenery imo. The community just depends on where you are, though you'd be more likely to find gun friendly people in Alaska since most of the state has dangerous animals that require guns to protect yourself from.
>>
>>33879586
Way too many people have managed to interweave guns into their personal identity to a disturbing degree.
>>
>>33879632
Yeah, arizona seems to be the one I keep getting pointed toward. The have the big sandy shoot there too, which is fun
>>
>>33876266
>Implying you need to clean your guns when you use modern non corrosive ammunition
>>
My mom ans Dad called me a pussy for owning an AR-15.
She owns a Pink furniture WASR in 54r. Dad owns a Garand.

Fucking parents...
>>
>>33868014
>go shooting with dad.
>poor health so he just shoots 22lr and similar.
>accidentally shoots low with my Uberti 22lr
>"wow that's a hair trigger!"
>proceeds to nail targets with ruger mk2 all day.

Yeah my dads fine. Only downside is his view on firearms care is "slather with oil" but he's from that era of gun ownership so whatevs.
>>
>>33879720
Vepyr my bad. All AK type guns look the same to me.
>>
>>33868014
>> go pew-pew with step-dad
>> Old 'Nam era vet.
>> Better shot than me.

>> Notevenmad.jpeg

Offer ak.

>> 'Fuck that commie shit'

Neit... Neit...
>>
>>33868998
Ha, I needed that
>>
Guess I got lucky. My dad was receptive to me getting into firearms and actually let me shoot some of the guns he got from his grandad. The worst thing that he does is tell anyone at the range who talks to us for more than 5 seconds that his son is a MEMERINE and the safety sometimes confounds him, which is funny since he flew helicopters for the army for like 20 years
>>
>Old man buys my first gun .22 Henry lever gat when I'm turned 13
>go squirrle and deer hunting with him a lot with some of my late grandpas guns he gifted to us
>Proceeds to buy second gun when I turned 16, my first Moist Nugget
>I build my A1 clone and his eyes light up since "that's what he used in the army", and spends a range day showing me the ins and outs and showing me how to strip it after.
>Asked if I would like a pistol for Christmas last year.

I can't wait for his shoulder to heal up so I can go shooting with him some more
>>
>>33879724
>his view on firearms care is "slather with oil
I never had any to teach me to gun, what are you supposed to do anyway? I typically use some hoppes 9 cleaning stuff get a good scrub and then lube everything up with oil and wipe excess off, am I doing it right? I'm the only one I know that's actually into guns and have too much autism to make friends at the range. I don't want my shit to get all fucked
>>
>>33879846
Add a drop or two of oil to the moving parts and spread it out with your fingers or a cloth, also offering others to shoot your funs is a good way to make friends at ranges.
>>
>>33874416
Lolz, at least it wasn't a .444 Marlin
>>
>>33874436
The target is a human torso at 7 yards. Quit yer bitchin.
>>
>>33876715
oh but he thinks he is. hes a... CONTEMPORARY TRADITIONAL hybrid

but yeah also mom was a closet lesbian for 40 years apparently, go figure
>>
>>33879868
Ah okay I am doing it right. The only thing I have that isn't basic bitch is my SVT so people wouldn't be too interested shooting shit they've already shoot a billion times, plus there's ever only one other dude at the public range I go to and prefer going out onto public land shooting cheap figures, cinder blocks or whatever
>>
File: mama mia.jpg (31KB, 580x432px) Image search: [Google]
mama mia.jpg
31KB, 580x432px
>>33876859
might wanna get a DNA Test anon, sounds like you might be his wifes son
>>
>>33879930
Yeah public ranges suck, I actually meet most good folks at a private club I go to, believe it or not a lot of folks are really interested in my basic bitch M44 calling it "the thunder rod" just letting some dudes shoot it a bit got me chances to shoot all kinds of other guns including some DMR chambered in .338 Lapua which was a bunch of fun
>>
>>33879756
Bwahaha, wish I was there to witness that...
>>
>>33879648
AZ is fun, join us.
>>
>>33879586
Don't mean to diss your Dad but I steer clear of having conversations with those kind of guys.Low profile is best profile.
>>
>>33871979
I'm not the anon you responded to but my grandfather had an inoperable brain tumor and so did my father.
Literally every fucking one you meet these days has cancer too, what the fuck is going on?
>>
File: T-72.jpg (191KB, 1024x1374px) Image search: [Google]
T-72.jpg
191KB, 1024x1374px
>>33881111
I was curious how difficult imports are in that state. The whole reason I'm looking for a firearms leniant state is because my goal is to get myself a T-72 and other slovakian imports. This and because automatic weapons and explosives, I like those things
top check BTW
>>
File: lol408.jpg (49KB, 392x960px) Image search: [Google]
lol408.jpg
49KB, 392x960px
>>33879511
Forgot pic to grab attention
>>
Both sides of my family have only shot guns to hunt with.
>countless "bigger fish stories"
>not a single polymer gun in the family
>you can't trust scopes they get knocked off target
Basically I love them all they taught me great safety and my 72yo father and I are building an ar
>>
>>33882701
No shit man. My buddy got nut cancer a month ago. At least his was operable
>>
>>33868014
>take dad shooting with ak and ar's
>never shoots more than a shot or two
>"go ahead and choot some more dad"
>ohhh thats o.k sunny, don't wanna waste yer ammo!

Oh dad *sigh*
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492561642323.jpg (40KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492561642323.jpg
40KB, 960x960px
>>33883500
>>33883455
Thinkin bout those dubs
>>
>>33882799
forgot to circle the m4 pointed at her babymaker
>>
>>33870356
f

sorry for your loss anon, I am sure your paw was proud of you
>>
>>33873275
thanks for taking the time for share with us anon, it is ok to feel the way you do
>>
>>33876835
he pointed the gun at him, anon
>>
>>33879397
She's not right, unless she doesn't trust the firearm owner for legitimate reasons, or doesn't trust herself, which is far more likely
>>
File: 1473266173132.png (135KB, 1032x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1473266173132.png
135KB, 1032x1023px
>>33870356
That's horrible. Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>33868014
>dad is almost blind due to genetic disorder
>mom isn't big fan of guns
>all extended family is either liberal as fuck or lives 200 miles away
At least one of my lib uncles is pro-gun, big collector of frontier weaponry and wants to try to qualify for a CCL with a Colt 1851 Army.
>>
>>33882790
to sum up the AZ gov's opinion on guns, not only are there no official regularizations aside from the federal ones, but our lawmakers actively try to pass laws to try to remove or ignor aspects of the nfa. A while back we had a state senator push to make it so you could construct and use SBRs in state without needed a tax stamp.
>>
>>33884719
>wants to try to qualify for a CCL with a Colt 1851 Army

Pretty good
>>
File: 1490720753956.jpg (24KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1490720753956.jpg
24KB, 385x385px
>>33870356
Damn, that sucks dude. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
>>
>>33882799
The Captain should have [stares in worry]
>>
>Grandpa teaches me to shoot
>About 8 years old
>Inna backyard
>Hands me .357 revolver
>No earpro
>"Well what are you waiting for boy? Take a shot"
>Go to raise gun
>Grandpa slaps me upside the head
>"You ain't Dirty Harry boy, don't be wavin it all around"
>I was
>Take first shot
>EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee
>Empty cylinder
>"Good, now try this 12 gauge"
>Double barrel SBS, cut down himself. Definitely no tax stamp
>Squeeze both triggers because lol I'm 8
>Fall flat on my ass
>Addicted from that point on

Still have tinnitus.

My old man would always talk about how if he were to get a gun (mom is turbo-lib) he would get a CZ-75, he loved how they shot. First shot one when he was stationed in Germany. Would often talk about it when we would watch Steven Seagal movies.

A few years ago, he came down with a degenerative neurological disorder. He went from being the toughest person I know, to a skeleton wrapped in flesh. Couldn't stand, couldn't feed himself, couldn't speak. Only point, and scream. Like a baby. If anybody happens to be a nurse or work in the medical field, the dementia wail. Just an unbelievable transition over such a short period of time. Still, he was fully there cognitively. We would watch The Rifleman and Gunsmoke on my days off, though I didn't spend nearly as much time with him as I now realize I should have. That last year especially, it was very hard.

After your father dies, it basically upends your entire world. I know it sounds trite, but it's true. There's no words to explain just how hollow and terrified I felt for the first year after he died. He wasn't in pain anymore, sure, yeah, whatever. But God damnit he was young as hell, and nobody who has lived such an honest life, working hard to provide for his wife and kids, should ever have to go out like that.

I only wish he had lived long enough to see me make something of myself. I got the CZ-75, pop. You were right, they shoot like a dream.
>>
>>33878007
Dude, even /pol/ can have a feels sometimes, we aren't monsters. Entirely.
>>
>>33870356

I'm sorry senpai. shoot it with pride senpai
>>
File: 1493361793457.jpg (81KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493361793457.jpg
81KB, 300x250px
>>33882799
Yo is that her rifle pointed at her fucking stomach?
>>
>>33868014
>>getting to go shooting with your dad
mine died. be thankful.
>>
File: 1492058583615.jpg (275KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492058583615.jpg
275KB, 1920x1200px
>>33885458
Fucking hell I know that sound.
The scream of a person who has nothing to remember.
Nothing to connect to.
Nothing to communicate with.
Nothing to be human with.
It happened to my grandmother.
>>
>>33885507
yeeet
>>
File: 1493556140965.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493556140965.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>33885507
Jfc I just saw that too.
>>
>>33885526

I'll never, ever forget every time he specifically met my eyes with his own. After he got sick, he wasn't big one eye contact. It was only certain times that he would. But they communicated a certain fear. A certain desperation. A longing for death, but at the same time, the terrifying uncertainty of the void. It's not something I was prepared to deal with then, and it's hard to think about now. I'm gonna have a drink, heh
>>
>go out to eat with dad
>both of us are CCWing
>whole time his glock 19 is printing
>looks like a 33 round mag is coming out his back
>consonantly have to adjust his shirt when his back is faced toward me
>don't know how he survives without me

could be worse, he could be a libtard or a 1911fag
>>
>>33868998

>son i cannot lay down

kek
>>
File: sorry.gif (69KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
sorry.gif
69KB, 400x295px
>>33870356

im sorry for you your loss m8
>>
>father is a liberal
>buy my first gun and decide to take him shooting
>he rapid fires into the backstop every time he touches it
>shoots hundreds of rounds and doesn't help cover ammo costs
>refuses to learn safety

i don't take him shooting anymore.
>>
File: 832489249242.jpg (68KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
832489249242.jpg
68KB, 500x465px
>>33885602

I know the feel. It's the worst thing for someone and for their family to go through and I don't think any kind of sci fi author could ever capture the true and realest sense of how it turns someone into, like the anon said, a zombie wearing flesh or a ghost in a human's body.

I was fortunate to have a last goodbye where he wasn't lucid but I think he still knew. And doubly so that my troublesome time with him was before he was fully gone, so I was able to make amends with him when he was still lucid. My brother was on the frontlines when he was fully gone (I was there 16-19 then I went to college, my brother came back from college) and so never got that final closure. I remember, well before he was totally gone, him crying and saying he didn't want me to hate him. We were able to overcome that so in his last years he thought well of me. Got told how he'd always light up when I talked to him on the phone when my mum visited the nursing home (for a fucking 57-59 year old man, was not fair. He was big as life. He literally pushed/got pushed by Barry Bonds [dad was a sports reporter, but later when his alzheimers was known barry was awesome and stopped by to give my dad a 1-on-1 interview and chill with him].)

He was far left but got his father to let me have his milsurp (but sporterized, fixable when I can get the wood for it) SMLE and non fixable Argie mauser. Dad was far left but I think I could have gotten him to go shooting with more modern funs I've since bought.

Anyone who works in a nursing home and does their best. Or just does no harm but tries to help in the slightest way, is a saint with the heart of a lion. And I understand entirely and sympathize with anyone who has to eventually put a relative in a nursing home for their dementia. Please do not think badly of yourself - as long as you make sure they are in a good home you are a good person, they would not want you to scourge and suffer yourself. Please seek any help you can to handle it.
>>
>>33876435
heard the firing pin thing from my dad too,called him an idiot and asked him if he knew how any of his guns even worked.
>>
>>33870725
>raped to death and burned alive

yep
>>
File: 47thInfantrySubduedPatch.jpg (251KB, 1225x1017px) Image search: [Google]
47thInfantrySubduedPatch.jpg
251KB, 1225x1017px
>>33868014 (OP)
>>go shooting with your dad

>Shooting with dad
My dad is ex-Nasty Girls, Minnesota 47th Infantry (Since combined with the 35th Red Bulls) He's got sharpshooter creds on M16 and M60, but he doesn't shoot much at all recreationally.

In five years of being hasguns, he's shot two times. I got him to try my WASR-10 once, and he was 'Meh". Biggest offense was that he rode the charging handle forward.

Not his thing, and that's fine. His general attitude is no fucks given either way. I shoot the things that need shooting and he fixes the car shit that needs fixing.

Sometimes he can answer the odd question based on his training, but for the most part I defer to my Army vet cousin for questions.
>>
>>33868014
>go out to family farm with pops
>shooting some guns
>toss him the mosin
>suddenly he turns and asks if it's possible for a round to bounce off the tree we had been using as a backstop
>"uhh I guess anything's possible, more likely it'd ricochet off a rock after passing through the tree"
>immediately starts point the gun at a solid 45 degree angle
>"please don't shoot it straight up in the air, that's a stupid idea"
>bang
:^) god dammit.
>>
>>33868014
>go shooting with your son
>she just magdumps everything
>>
>>33885848
>sharpshooter creds on m60
wat
>>
>>33869489
Got a 20 gauge 870 at 12, 10/22 at 13, and my first handgun at 15.
My dad was definitely the gun nut.
>>
>>33885969
Sounds like she just needs a good spanking, anon.
>>
>>33885969
>go shooting with your son
>she just magdumps everything

So the trip was so long your son turnt into a daughter?
>>
>>33871329
this right here my dad is the fucking same :/
>>
>>33882701
>what the fuck is going on?
A toxic environment with a toxic food supply.
>>
>>33876677
But does he own any guns now? Why don't you buy him a gun?
>>
>>33882701
Cancer and degenerative neurological disorders are about the only things that can kill us anymore. Organ failure is a joke, rock on completely with some brand new components. Illness? Let me just grab that booster shot. Starvation? Mackey dees is up the street, daily calories with the money you can find in the gutters. War? Only if you sign up and then who gets surprised by that? We're barreling towards a post humanity society, gentlemen.
>>
>>33886422
it happens sometimes, you know?
>>
>>33879346
I know that feel
>grandpa has large gun collection
>I'm the only grandchild that actually spends time with him
>splits guns between other 2 grandsons
>they have no interest, so they sell them
>>
>>33885458
>After your father dies, it basically upends your entire world. I know it sounds trite, but it's true. There's no words to explain just how hollow and terrified I felt for the first year after he died

I know this feel. Lost my mom when I was 8 and my dad had his ass kicked so badly emotionally and financially that he kind of withdrew for a number of years.

>>33886006
>wat
Idk either, but I'll give it to him since he told me the M60 was his favorite fucking gun in the entire US Army arsenal.
>>
>>33885458
Damn that hit home. Still have my dad, looks like I'm gonna give him a big hug when I see him next
>>
>>33870356
Eh my old man died of cancer when I was a 12. At least you didn't spend your schools breaks flying up north watching him waste away doing chemo for years. Seems like he went rather quickly, be thankful for that.
>>
File: lol498.gif (829KB, 257x202px) Image search: [Google]
lol498.gif
829KB, 257x202px
>>33882799
>>33883693
>>33885442
>>33885507
Well that went about as well as I expected
>>
File: 1492152901637-k.jpg (68KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1492152901637-k.jpg
68KB, 700x714px
>dad buys 40 acres of land
>calls me and asks if I wanna go check it out with him
>surewhynot.gif
>eventually get there
>he's brought some guns and some tannerite
>a 10/22 and an M&P shield
>dad owns a lot of guns
>doesn't know jack shit about them however
>never cleans em either
>or sight them in for that matter
>time goes by, it's some pretty nice land
>turns out he called his chair force neighbor
>neighbor brings his 13 year old kid
>get to clearing
>take out guns to shoot and set up tannerite
>"lol anon I bet you can't hit that tannerite from here" says chair force neighbor
>points at tannerite about 50 yards away
>tries to tell me gun safety basics
>lol ok
>explain that I already know and do a lot of shooting
>prop up rifle on tree, can already tell the scope is off on the 10/22
>"lol no you have to do a standing shot"
>thisnigger.png
>take a single shot and miss
>chair force neighbor and dad laugh
>"C'mon surely you can hit it"
>hit it after 4 rounds
>nothing happens
>tell them that .22 can't set off tannerite
>"nuh uh! .22 is a high velocity round" says dad
>mfw
>neighbor's kid is now talking shit saying he could've hit it first try
>pop in new mag and hand his dad the gun
>he gives it to him and he misses every single shot from the 30rd mag
>dad tries to mag dump 10/22 into some tannerite
>only hits it 3 times
>jams
>"lol I dunno why I got this gun"
>this entire thing is a shit fest
>let them fuck around and waste the rest of their ammo
>say my goodbyes eventually and leave.
>>
>> stepdad former army
>> never bond because he is workaholic
>> I am raised by wartime marine grandfather.
>> years later mom sad her husband and I never bonded.

I changed out springs on pistol and changed iron sights on AR. Time to go to range.

>> invite step dad.
>> mom is so happy.
>> declines and mows lawn instead

>> stop by a week later
>> step dad playing golf with my brother in law
>> remember times he thought I was unmanly.

Fuck that faggot. My mom makes terrible choices.
>>
File: you can't wrestle my feels.png (243KB, 725x543px) Image search: [Google]
you can't wrestle my feels.png
243KB, 725x543px
>>33870356
>>
>>33870356
Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>33888888
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1136x640px
>>33885912
for fucks sake
>>
File: 1491515984140.png (121KB, 667x645px) Image search: [Google]
1491515984140.png
121KB, 667x645px
>>33888554
Youre probably a pretty nice guy in real life, hope it goes good for you man.
>>
to continue with the old dad feels..

>floridafag, grow up hunting with dad and his buddy in southern Georgia
>learn to fish, dive, hunt all that jazz with my dad
>interest starts to wane when in high school
>start to hunt with him again in college, and his same buddy up in Georgia
>something is off
>dad gets lost coming out of his tree stand, this has never happened before..he always had great spacial awareness
>literally has to stay put until we find him
>his buddy, who is about a decade younger has a serious talk with me about how my father is getting older and I am going to have a responsibility in the near future
>move to Colorado for two years after college
>come home, go offshore fishing with me paw
>he can't pull a red grouper up from 120 feet, fingers are all fucked up
>toosoon.jpeg

It is getting real anons, I am so happy to be back home in Florida with my padre and spending time doing the shit we loved... never take it for granted
>>
File: 1494045097754.webm (710KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494045097754.webm
710KB, 480x480px
I got a BB gun for Christmas when I was 7 or 8 and a 20 gauge 870 for confirmation, both from my dear old dad. When I was 19 he bought me a sporterized Argentine Mauser from an auction, so that was pretty cool. Last fall I went hunting with him for the first time. Before we got down to it, we had to get our cabin ready and he brought his recently refurbished sporterized SMLE that was HIS dad's and we had a great time shooting it. I love my dad and I hope I can go shooting with him over the 4th of July. He is a bit of a fudd though. He wasn't very happy when I bought a blackpowder revolver online when I was 19, but he let me keep it at his place.
>>
>>33870356
Sorry man, I'm sure your father was proud of you.
>>
>>33879397

She is not right though. Just because the chances are low doesn't mean you shouldn't prepare yourself for the worst.
>>
File: what127.jpg (263KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
what127.jpg
263KB, 432x648px
>>33887941
I found that sometimes the best way to prevent stuff like this is to show them right off the bat you know your firearms. My father had a friend who never cleaned his guns, didn't understand corrosive ammo, and was generally a wiseguy. All it took was for me to go into his gun room and diagnose the problems on all his guns and their history, and now he asks me for help on firearms and doesn't question my word.
>>
>>33870356
I am sorry desu senpai. that is rough.
>>
File: 1404684033622.png (15KB, 305x275px) Image search: [Google]
1404684033622.png
15KB, 305x275px
>>33870356
FUck
>>
>>33868014
>go shooting with dad
>Bring along his urn and a little umbrella to keep the rain off him
>have to go back to grab your Ouija board so you can ask him what he thinks about your new gf
>>
>Go shooting with cop dad
>insists on calling .40 S&W "forty mag"
>Calls the Steyr AUG his agency issued him "an Italian piece of shit"
>Knows nothing about guns.
>Can hit his own bullet holes with a snub nose revolver at 30 yards

I hate him so fucking much.
>>
>>33877827
This isnt bait... This isnt even a fishing pole... He just jumped right in the water screehing autistically
>>
>>33891425
Thats a new one
>>
File: IMG_6249.png (72KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6249.png
72KB, 790x773px
>>33870356
He'll always be with you, in the spirit of you rifle.
>>
File: IMG_5933.png (715KB, 629x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5933.png
715KB, 629x758px
>>33869489
>tfw even more of a gun nut than my dad already

Sometimes I wonder if hes proud of me.
>>
>>33885458
Damn, why do so many people on /k/ lose their parents from neurological disorders? I'm worried.
>>
>>33892142
If someone lives past 60 or 70 there's a very high chance (somewhere in the 60 percentile range) that they'll develop dementia. It's not just people on /k/, it's everyone. I got lucky and only 1/4 grandparents have dementia, and he got off light.
>>
>>33891827
>Tfw surpass the amount of guns your dad has
>>
>Tfw hog hunting at night with Dad
>Tfw dad lends you his Fal so he can drive the truck
>Tfw dad fires from the truck suddenly at piggies and I have to steady myself and shoot as well
Now the sad part
>Tfw only got 2 out of 25ish piggies
I'm ashamed to say it caught me off guard and I took to long to open fire
>>
File: 848249924902402.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
848249924902402.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>33892254

I am not sure on numbers but I know past 85 you're pretty much just a few steps away from being kill. Can be healthy as a horse up to 85. That's pretty much what happened to my mom's mother and father, though my father was the earlier mentioned in the topic late 50s (louie/Lewy Body Dementia)

http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_causes_risk_factors.asp It looks like it's 1/9 for over 65 but 1/3 for over 85.

In my dad's case it was probably due to either the chemicals they used for baseball field grass, the early work he did after college of working on bridges (I think welding and shit), or as simple as when he got hit by a rock in the head when he was a wee lad/teenager. Not like it was proximity to gun-stuff for >>33892142 because both grandparents served in the army air corps in WW2 and so outside of my dad's brief bridge-construction stint they were more liable to have proximity to heavy metals or industry.

Though to be honest as much as dementia still is terrible to witness and deal with, if you're getting hit with it suddenly at 85 or older it's not so bad. My mom got fucked up much more by my dad's 50-59 dementia than her mother's 86-90 or father's 85-90ish. Since I got hit with dad's dementia when I was 14 to 23, as opposed to my mom getting hit with her dad's dementia when she was in her 50s? Well that'll fuck you up good I tell you what.
>>
>>33892418

They also did brain study on him since he was a patient at Georgetown's neurological department and determined it was not hereditary. While that's just one case don't think it's a hereditary affair if one of your relatives have it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170506-144139.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170506-144139.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>33881111
Innadesert is best inna
>>
>dad cant shoot anything stronger than .22 due to shoulder injury
>buy .22lr AR so he can shoot
>have a falling out with dad
>fast forward 4 years
>start talking to dad again
>3 months later
>doctor calls
>hes going to die
>doctor gives him 2 months
>hospice shows up
>health rapidly declining
>2 months 1 week later
>sitting next to dad
>his breathing gets very short and rapid
>call family in
>call hospice chaplain
>dad dies
itll be a year next month.
>>
This is back from when I was a teen, now mom's dead and her live in fiance I haven't talked to since around the time she died.
>want to take my mom's liberal shithead bf/fiance/person shooting when I was 16/17
>go over the basic safety stuff, how to handle a pistol, etc at least once a week for a month when I don't have work or school work
>spend probably five hours total
>finally get time to go to the range one weekend
>my maternal grandfather insists on tagging along
>my mom's fiance pretty much forgets everything even after reminding him when we get there
>he's literally shaking because of how nervous he is with other people shooting (the only people shooting were like 40 feet+ away since this is a pretty big outdoor range)
>I try to coach him through it
>my grandfather keeps interrupting me or questioning every bit of advice that I give the dude
>I try to get him to stop teacupping the pistol because it's only making everything worse
>my grandfather keeps cutting in and telling him that teacupping is fine
>tell him to try and tighten up his grip
>show him how to tighten up his grip by actually holding the pistol with both hands and how to grip it
>as I'm showing him my grandfather keeps talking to him so he keeps getting distracted
>still can't figure it out
>gets frustrated and "has enough"
>my grandfather doesn't even realize what's going on or that he heavily contributed to this
Never went shooting with my mom's fiance again because he had that one bad experience. I was trying to bond with that libshit faggot but NOOOOO, fuck that, right? I have a similar story with my mother if you fags wanna hear it?
>>
>>33892932
>i have a similar story with my mother
As long as its a sex story, sure.
>>
>>33892801
>>have a falling out with dad
did he tell you traps are gay?
>>
>dad and I live states apart due to circumstances that aren't really anyone's fault
>he visits every year (sometimes more)
>him and his friends (who also live around here) are big into guns
>took my brother and I shooting a year ago
>currently noguns
>looking to buy my first gun
>not sure how to open up the conversation with him especially since we never call each other
>he'd probably buy it for me in a heartbeat (not that I need him to)
>>
>>33893012
he was an alcoholic which was the source of a lot of abuse in my childhood. we had a huge fight about it. when i started talking to him again he had been clean for almost 9 months. when he died he was 3 days from being a year sober and a week from turning 52
>>
>>33892992
Not a sex story.
>>
>>33892992
>>33893091
ffs my greentext won't send, keeps saying there's a connection error despite me being about to post a smaller post
>>
>>33893099
Was doing the same to me. Wtf?
>>
File: fucking bikes.jpg (122KB, 1391x416px) Image search: [Google]
fucking bikes.jpg
122KB, 1391x416px
>>33893115
Maybe if I post it this way
>>
>>33893130
*hot brass
lmao
>>
>>33893145
>>33893130
I mobileposted and it worked. Weird.
>>
File: woke up.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
woke up.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>33893185
Lets see if it will work with a larger file, maybe a webm
>>
>>33893130
>brass in her bra
So it was a sex story. Nice.
>>
>>33893618
Who the hell names their kid Galaxy, jesus christ. You couldn't get more snowflakey if you tried
>>
File: 1493051760208.jpg (461KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493051760208.jpg
461KB, 1080x1080px
>>33892284
>been hiding my guns from my dad who owns guns for 3 years
>recently came out of the closet on this
>hfw he realizes I have more guns than he does and shoot better than he does
>>
>>33868014
>Talk with dad about guns
>Can't take him shooting because he is depressed and a felon
>he hates milsurps
>Tells me a story about the time he had tons of guns
>a freaking closet full
>mac 11, ak, browning hipower, ect.
>tells me how police seized them due to a drug sting

Maybe one day he can get pardoned and we can go shooting, but it won't be any time soon.
>>
>>33886477
Organ failure is still a thing. My uncle- who was a second father to me, passed away in november due to complications from having one working kidney stop working. Not to mention his heart.

I wish they could of given him a new kidney or one of those new fangled 3D printed hearts that are implanted and grown with your own cells.

I miss him.
>>
>>33886477
People have chronic and likely eventually fatal illnesses, friend.
>>
>>33892932
I'm all ears
>>
My dad impressed me when I took him to shoot my AR
>dad never owned a single firearm
>has a massive fudd complex about .30-06 and .45acp being god-cartridges
>always tells me that his old boss used to take him shooting his .30-06 when I was a newborn
>hasn't shot in around 25 years
>puts 79/80 in a 3" ring at 50yd with my AR
>I feel like that was pretty damn good for a first time
>pull out sako 85 on the 100yd range
>he was putting groups within 0.5moa of me
>Im sweating it out the whole time actually feeling pressure to outshoot a noob

He fucking sucks with a handgun though, talking 15 inch groups at 10 yards so I could at least impress him there.
>>
>>33895370
Handgun shoots is tough my man.
>>
>>33868014
Oh I have a story
>Dad is a FUDD and doesn't even know it
>Ain't never had a gun in his life
>Says I should get A FUCKING REVOLVER (full power, Dirty Harry tier .44 Mag)
>His reasoning: "Its simple, won't break"
>This is mostly true, but the recoil will fuck up a new shooter's desire
>No ARs because of mom
>Can't own a pistol because under 21
>>
File: you're checked.jpg (24KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
you're checked.jpg
24KB, 700x512px
>>33879999
Quads confirm
>>
File: 1493951599091.jpg (110KB, 588x602px) Image search: [Google]
1493951599091.jpg
110KB, 588x602px
>>33878176
>if you let your dad flag your more than one single time without breaking his jaw then you deserve the bullet you catch when the inevitable happens
>>
>>33895125
Kill yourself.
>>
>>33895590
Are you unironically telling me that you see nothing wrong with naming your kid 'Galaxy'? Really? I'm not just trying to be a edgemeister here. Try to imagine a middle aged woman named 'Galaxy' sitting in a conference. "Alright, Ian, Bill, Sophia, and Galaxy", or a rollcall at school. It's a ridiculous name that she'll a. be made fun of for and b. probably hate the name herself.
>>
>>33895388
Buy a shotgun
>>
File: 1489995426447.jpg (323KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489995426447.jpg
323KB, 1600x1200px
>dad reasonably into guns
>likes them but not an enthusiast
>go shooting occasionally for fun, not a big deal
>brother the same way
>he has a few guns he keeps unloaded around the house
>grandpa on my mom's side was a gunsmith, hunting guide, and state trooper
>his only son was a big beta nerd who was into D&D, worked in IT and married a fat chick who bullies him
>decide I'm worried about zombies in middle school, start researching guns
>fuck they're actually pretty cool
>eventually decide I want to take up gunsmithing after high school, go to trade school for it
>tell grandpa after a few months
>he thinks it's just the dopest shit
>won't stop giving me free guns, ammo, tools and reloading equipment he or his buddies don't use much anymore
>consistently answers all my questions and regularly goes out of his way to give me several hour long lessons in the afternoon in place of what he was planning on doing
>he reloads ammo and bladesmiths in his free time now and keeps giving me boxes of ammo and big ass knives he made whenever he can find an excuse to
>has an elite membership with a high end range so he can get in literally any time of day, any day, even holidays and takes me shooting all the time
>has an open door policy so I can come over and use any of his tools any time I want even if he's not there
>keep joking with him that eventually he's gonna ask for some big shit to pay back everything he's been doing for me
>he laughs it off and just tells me he's happy to see me doing it

I guess I'm lucky, now that I think about it. My dad muzzle sweeps the whole fucking world and my brother still likes shooting from the hip Rambo style, but overall I'd say things are pretty good.
>>
>>33891586
I swear to fuck I keep seeing this exact post. Is this just the least flavorful pasta ever?
>>
>>33892284
Considering my dad is antigun, I did that with my first purchase.
>>
>>33893618
Sshhhh....we don't speak that name. Not for 6 more months.
>>
>>33892635
The environment is perfect to get better at shooting, it even goes out of its way to help you prepare for weapons malfunctions. Every day is good day to do a dust test on your rifles.
>>
File: 1482354762471.jpg (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482354762471.jpg
351KB, 1200x900px
>>33870356
this is the saddest thing ive seen since obama was inaugurated, for a second time.
>>
>>33879585
Jesus Christ, I didn't come here to sob
>>
>>33879585
You want a doozie? This actually happened and I also have recurring dreams about it
>spontaneously decide one weekend at college to drive the three hours back home to see my mom and spend some time since I had that weekend free
>it's a Friday, around 4 pm when I leave, late fall
>text her once I leave to let her know I'm coming over
>an hour later no reply
>beautiful sun set across the plains
>start to get a bit emotional
>have a sense of complete dread come over me
>start crying so hard I can barely see the road but I can't stop
>goes like this for an hour
>eventually get a text when I'm just 30 minutes out from a relative
>my mom's in the hospital
>she had a massive coronary
>head straight to the hospital
>they've sedated her
>they keep her that way, try whatever they can, etc
>about a month later they determine there's nothing they can do at this point, I spent that time going back and forth between my university and home, the first week trying to keep up with my school work, second week trying to explain it all to my professors, and then the third and fourth was mostly at home.
>pull the plug
>dies two days before Halloween
>Thanks Giving not long after
>whatistheretobethankfulfor.avi
The worst part is how emotionally imprinted that driving memory is and how often it reoccurs in my sleep. It's not even like a dream or a nightmare, just pure feeling.
>>
File: dolphine.gif (148KB, 425x417px) Image search: [Google]
dolphine.gif
148KB, 425x417px
>>33879999
>wintessed
>>
>>33895734
C O M F Y

>not liking D&D and guns
y tho
>>
>>33882701
This is what happens when you allow multinational corporations to poison your air, water and food for short term profit.
>>
>>33876715
Have you heard of annulment? It's a thing in Christian religions.
>>
>>33896260
Holy shit.
>>
>>33868579
I audibly kek'd
>>
>>33868998
Decent post
>>
>>33895758
Not the first time I posted it. I never save pasta, so each time you see it, I've typed it up from scratch.

Other posts I've repeated that people have recognized include:
>That time my brother swept me with a cocked revolver and said "Don't worry. It's emtpy" and pulled the trigger.
>That time I shot the freshly painted trap house at my local range.
>Oddly enough, my advice to homeless welfare clients to never go into the tunnels.
>>
>>33885848
Nate?
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 562x118px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 562x118px
>>33886673
>Tfw I never thought he would divide his guns because I'm the only actual grandkids interested but now I'm seriously concerned
>>
>>33888554
Here's your
>(You)
>>
>>33900280
>>That time my brother swept me with a cocked revolver and said "Don't worry. It's emtpy" and pulled the trigger.

actually triggered, when buddy said don't be such a pussy, it's unloaded, pulls trigger and nearly shoots my foot off with shotgun. he lost 2 teeth, but I had to get my wrist x-rayed
>>
>>33883669
age of empires 3 is shit
>>
>>33896260
Jesus man, sorry for your loss.
>>
>>33876691
how old are you nofuns?
>>
>>33896260
Sorry man. I dream about my father, like if I came home that one day and he didn't sit me down and tell me what the doctor said, like nothing ever happened. And then I wake up and remember how it really happened.
>>
>>33876892
Just accept that it's going to hurt for years. Almost two years after my dad passed I tried to call him on his birthday. When my girl reminded me he was dead it was like ripping a bandage off a fresh wound. I still have dreams that he's still alive. We didn't have the best relationship, and we left a lot unfinished. Best advice I can give though is just accept the pain.
>>
>>33879364
NC is all fucked up with their purchase permits. In some counties you have to suck the sheriffs dick everytime you buy a gun.
>>
>>33904303
Really? With rifles and shotguns there's no need to do that. With pistols, you can stack up permits and use them whenever. My father is currently getting several at the same time to use.
>>
>>33904540
Depends on the county. I've heard of small counties refusing to issue frequently. When I lived in charlotte it took 45 days to get three permits. No explanation, or anything for the delay. In SC I just walk into a store, and buy a gun.
>>
>dad bought me a rifle when I was born
>gave it to me when I turned 20
>gave me a shotgun for my 13th birthday
>have a few more guns but ive never been lolnoguns
>dad bought a bunch when they were cheap
>$250 russian sks
>hipower
>ammo cans full of 9mm reloads for cheap

Lol ur dads suck
>>
>>33871329
My dad taught me how to use a lawnmower and other kinds of work. That was about it.
>>
>>33901972
>>33900280
I had a buddy that shot two holes in another friends house. Once straight into the roof and the other straight up into a door frame. Both times we told him to keep his finger off the trigger and his famous last words were "it's not even loade-" BANG. At least we never muzzle swept each other and always kept guns pointed up inside.
>>
File: n459U0h.png (486KB, 374x576px) Image search: [Google]
n459U0h.png
486KB, 374x576px
>>33871526
haha we didn't really have fathers haha thats why im here hahahaha
>>
My dad sold all his guns for drugs but he used to have a spas 12 a glock a full auto ak an ar and a few hunting rifles
>>
File: ben_avery_main_range_600x500[1].jpg (41KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
ben_avery_main_range_600x500[1].jpg
41KB, 600x398px
>Go to Ben Avery outdoor range
>They don't let us go to a table until the shooting round begins (theft reasons, they don't want people leaving in/out while people are on range with their rifles at the table)
>Set down stuff, turn around to grab a frame and start taping on target
>Dad immediately throws a magazine into his RPK and mag dumps into our lane's empty embankment
>Throws in another mag, starts shooting at our neighbor's target

He's also a huge fudd despite being such a wehraboo
>My FMJ 7.62x39 is great for home defense. JHP is excessive killing power.
>You shouldn't store any of your rifles loaded, even your home defense
>Just rack the slide, that will scare off any home intruders
(he holds all three of the above beliefs congruently)
>Buckshot is harmless past 10 yd
>22lr will kill someone just as easily as 9mm
>22lr will bounce around the skull
>The only people who should carry are police
>Don't carry in condition 0, that's dangerous
>If you own more than 3 firearms you have a problem
>>
>>33886477
You have no idea the difficulties taht are involved in organ transplant.
>>
>>33906559
Kill him.
>>
>>33906559
Do you got to Ben Avery often? I love that range.
>>
File: triggerdiscipline.png (323KB, 717x478px) Image search: [Google]
triggerdiscipline.png
323KB, 717x478px
>>33906572
Forgot to mention two other things he taught me when he first took me shooting at age 10.
>You only need earpro at indoor ranges. Wearing it outdoors is for pussies.
>Trigger discipline? What the fuck's that?
Apparently his WWII dad is the one who taught him how to shoot and trigger discipline wasn't really a thing back then because every fucking trigger had like 10lb pull.

>>33906573
I do. My dad doesn't, thankfully, so you don't have to worry.
>>
>>33906617
kek, I hope your dad didn't piss of the RO's, they're all pretty chill guys running that range and I hope it stays that way. I love parking my vepr at a bench and smacking the steel they have set up out at 300 yds, plus at 5 bucks for a whole day with a mil ID, and being able to bring whatever ammo you want, it's by far the best range I've ever been to.
>>
One of my first memories was my dad teaching me how to fire a hawken rifle. He's great and I never want to loose him.
>>
>>33889154
I dont know why I find it fucking hilarious

But it tickles me in just the right way

Sorry, I wish you the best too
>>
File: 1490817669539.png (312KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
1490817669539.png
312KB, 900x699px
>Dad is Brit
>Moved my family to USA when I was young
>Dad is scared of gun
>I finally get him to go shooting with me
>He doesn't like it until I get him to shoot a m1 carbine
>He just got himself a Lee Enfield
>>
>>33873275
try to find a warehouse job or a trade. Day labor in general pays alot better than minium wage and usually come with job security and benefits. If you have a hard time finding warehouse work, find a temp agency and bust your ass at the place they send you and that company might offer you a fulltime spot.

also dont worry about the psysical requirements. im a 5 foot 7 chink who weighs a buck fourty that has broken both hands and my right foot. work was tough at first but now i regularly lift 80lbs or more at work with little dificulty.
keep your head up anon
>>
>>33876504
>Ernest Hemingway, that archetype of traditional masculinity

Bad news anon. He was always an emotionally fragile little cunt that cried ALOT and drank to repress his emotions.

Its normal to be depressed at times, but to basically have a crying fit any time your wife(s) get a bit cross... his writing is more masculine than his person by miles.

Richard Louis "Dick" Proenneke, is a real mans man (almost homo bro)
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 480x266px
>>33868014
>go shooting with dad
>keeps calling magazines clips
>weaver stance, cup and saucer grip
>actually has hipfired my AR while advancing forward
>outshoots me EVERY.FUCKING.TIME.
>bang my head against the wall and practice more
>mfw

Then I remember that he's killed exponentially more commies than I have jihadists, and I give him a hug and we go eat Mexican. I love my Dad.
>>
>>33893233
god what an obnoxious looking cunt
>>
File: godzillamelt.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
godzillamelt.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>33871568
lad, you don't just say something like that and not give a story, what the fuck happened
>>
>>33907372
>Brit dad shooting a Lee Enfield

The mental image is just so satisfying. Could you please tell me what regional accent he has?
>>
>>33870356
Why are we here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>33908980
Yorkshire
>>
>>33868014
>Dad has only ever fired .22 before
>No appreciation for guns
>Just can't bond with him at the range

>Meet my gf's dad for the first time
>Keeps a souvenir AK on the wall from his time in Afghanistan and Iraq
>Served 2 tours and then contracted
>Loves talking weapons and military history
>Go shooting and hunting with him every couple of weeks

Still really wish my dad would shoot with me, but this is good too.
>>
>>33909317
He sounds like the kind of guy that would still be friends with you if you and his daughter broke up. My first gfs dad and brother were like that, awkward as fuck to basically say I didn't want anything to do with the family anymore. They were more upset about that than my gf dumping me in such a shitty bitchy way.
>>
>>33908980
>>33909245
>>33907372
I'm British, but moved to the us a while ago, and started buying guns. My dad freaked out about how dangerous they are, then told me how he used to go shooting with the army when he was a kid or something. He and my uncle both did, my uncle was actually really good and ended up in the army, and my dad says he was a good shot too.
He's still freaked out that I have guns though.
In going to get an Enfield (that's what they shot apparently) before the next time he visits as a gift
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.