[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me /k/ there is some serious ideological shit going on at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

I know it may sound like /pol/'s rant... But since I need some practical advice, here you go.

I used to live abroad and now I have come back to my country of origin.

Once a abroad, I took up the hobby of target shooting but couldn't get a permit to carry because I was a migrant. Now that I am back in my hometown I decided to subscribe to a public range and get a licence to carry.

I'm now in a EU place with strict regulations. I need the licence mainly to buy ammo, because atm I am using the range's guns to practice until I decide what to buy.

I have no interest in home -defense whatsoever. Don't take me wrong guys, but that's just my preference.

As long as I kept working for my new licence (e.g. Taking courses, paying fees, etc.), my mom supported me.

Now that I got the licence, she comes up with the following arguments:
>whoever buys a gun for the purpose of self defence has already made his first kill
>she is not comfortable about knowing a gun is stored in her house
>she says she is pretty sure that sooner or later that gun will be used against her (because she says she saw me and my father getting angry once)

Now, consider the following:
>nobody at home ever touched her even when we were really cranky. There had been some shouting occasionally, but nothing more
>the only person I ever saw brandishing a knife is *her*. Not me, not my father--ever.
>it is her who spent most of my youth threatening to kill herself whenever she couldn't stand an argument or some child's whims (and I can tell you it's terrible to be a kid in such a place)

Considering also I would keep the gun in a safe and use it only for sport, I am saddened by the fact not only my mom pulled the umpteenth paranoid rant--but also the sheer idea she thinks my father and I could do something bad to her is ludicrous. I mean, is that what she thinks of us? I am shattered... Cannot wait to leave again. Really

What would you suggest in the meantime?
>>
Get your own place. Bitches be crazy yo.
>>
Just to make it clearer. I'm more of a history buff and worked my arse off abroad for many years.

I came back home after a break up and after I failed some uni course.
I'm not proud of it, but now I have moved on and shit like that.

The only reason I am staying at my parents' place is because I came back 5 months ago, rents are very high and I don't own a car.

My problem is not moving put because I am doing so anyway in 3 months time.

It is more like I have no idea how to respond to those objections. Since I took up shooting I became very poised and think 10 times before antagonizing people... So I really don't get all the hype about being a potential killer just qua gun owner.

I am really speechless.
>>
Sounds like she's got some personal shit of her own going on, and she probably can't be trusted.

Make sure she can't get to your guns.
>>
>whoever buys a gun for the purpose of self defence has already made his first kill
Uh, that's kind of the point. Kill or be killed.

>she is not comfortable about knowing a gun is stored in her house
>she says she is pretty sure that sooner or later that gun will be used against her (because she says she saw me and my father getting angry once)
Projection, blind fear, she thinks everyone is as unstable and prone to violence as she is. Pity her. Some people are unable to accept the fact that each human is different, and assume that their personal failings and vulnerabilities apply to everyone around them.

There's no reasoning, just save up your money and move out.
>>
>>33865976
Don't be such a cuck.

Oh wait, I forgot, you euros are nothing but a bunch of limp-wristed faggots who sent nothing wrong with being vassals to a nanny state that looks the other way while Tyrone, Jamal, and Muhammed all have their way with your women.

Tell your bootlicking hysteric cunt of a mom that you're keeping your guns once you're gone she'll have more room for Mustafa's thick, veiny, goat-scented schlong.
>>
OP here. I'm at the grocery now.

I have just come to think that maybe I should delay ownership until I move out not because of the reasons she gave me... But just for the simple fact that no healthy person would uphold such thoughts.

She gave me more reasons to keep her away from guns this way... And not because of the content of her arguments--simply because of the way she feels about things.

>kill or be killed
Except one thing is saying "I might be ready to sin". A completely different thing is pulling the trigger on someone altogether. The fact one accepts the inevitability of self defence doesn't imply one will act upon his intentions no matter what.

And anyway, come on... Not even a fucking flintlock? She's so unrealistic.
>>
>>33866011
>Tell your bootlicking hysteric cunt of a mom that you're keeping your guns once you're gone she'll have more room for Mustafa's thick, veiny, goat-scented schlong.
It would feel a bit like Clockwork orange, wouldn't it? Coming back and finding they rented out your room.
>>
File: 1396214011156.jpg (14KB, 293x263px) Image search: [Google]
1396214011156.jpg
14KB, 293x263px
>>33865976
>>33865996

She's got some shit going on OP. This is classic projection - she's assuming that because she would get upset and use the gun, that everyone must be that impulsive.

My personal opinion is you should not get the gun.

Not only is it somewhat irresponsible to do so if you share a house with a mentally unstable person who could conceivably get access, but your mother has told you she doesn't want one in her home.

Even if she is crazy, it's her house. You ought to respect those wishes and move out if you really want to own a handgun.

Can you buy one and keep it at the range? Like do they have storage lockers? That may be a good compromised.
>>
File: FE39E.jpg (70KB, 427x682px) Image search: [Google]
FE39E.jpg
70KB, 427x682px
>>33866011
You seem deeply upset, goyim. Did some European steal your girl?
>>
>>33865976
She is participating in some classic projection. Tell her so, it'll piss her off but you might get her thinking
>>
>>33865976

Ask her why she's ok with you living with her at all when she thinks you're going to murder her. I mean, it's not like you don't have knives and shit in the house. Clearly she thinks you have it in for her so why would she feel OK just knowing that her death will be messier and more painful for lack of a gun?
>>
>>33865976
Move out and start living like an adult?
>>
>>33866100
>start
Implying I haven't done so for some 10 years before I was forced by events to fall back to my country of origin.

To all you "man up anon"... Please consider sometimes it takes time to do paperwork and shit. Prospective estate agents will ask you for evidence of stable income, which is something it takes some months to build up.

But maybe some of you are Amerifags who are given bank loans even when they have no guarantees to offer (subprime scam anyone)? I mean, are you seriously arguing with somebody who lived abroad by himself for longer than he did? Wtf is this "move out" story? Of course I am moving out. Have you fucking read my OPs?
>>
>>33866079
>Ask her why she's ok with you living with her at all when she thinks you're going to murder her.
I think it's the other way around.
She has the upper hand at home precisely because she knows everything she does has no consequences.

She beat me up when I was a kid. Some may argue, but it turned out I have always been beaten by my mom, not my dad. I would never do the same to my kids.

Also, she is extremely sly and able to trigger you by blackmailing you for whatever reason (e.g. She kept telling me I was hurting her just because I wasn't pursuing the career she wanted me to), etc.

You really need to be a Buddha around her because chances are she puts salt in your wounds at the slightest notice.

Only difference is that since I came back from abroad, I took my chance at making her shut up a couple of times by telling them to stop it and fuck off. Not polite on my behalf, but if I told you I don't want to discuss my problems, I really mean it. If I ask you to leave me alone it is not because of you, but maybe because I want to spend some time by myself.

After a couple of confrontations in which I didn't let her have the upper hand, she began to treat me as if I were violent or something.
>>
>>33866127
you expect /k/ommandos to have reading comprehension?
>>
>>33865976
If you don't care about home defense, then why keep the gun at home? I thought Euro shooting clubs had storage lockers. Also, you sound like you need to chill out. If you can't move out yet, at least try to avoid your mom as much as possible. You really shouldn't be fighting with her.
>>
She's not sane. Unless you're a psychiatrist you're not fixing that.

Don't buy a gun until you've moved out. Only three months, and there probably shouldn't be a firearm anywhere where she could get to it anyway. Find dad a good divorce lawyer before he trips and falls on a kitchen knife ninety four times.
>>
>>33866343
>If you don't care about home defense, then why keep the gun at home? I thought Euro shooting clubs had storage lockers.
Haha that's the evil gov. trick.
In my country there are very few ranges with lockers for other people's guns.

The law is designed to cuck you to the core.
Basically, on the one hand they make it super hard to get a licence. On the other hand, they demand you detain it at your place of residence. Should you move away for more than 72 hrs... Assuming you take the gun with you, you should notify the local authorities once reached destination.

Given also the fact losing a weapon or misplacing can cause you countless legal problems, range officers don't want such a big responsibility.

I have also been told that the don't want to be targeted by criminals if they store too many guns at their place. As you may know, it is legal owners who are the sources of illegal guns. Sometimes they break into your house just to steal the guns.

The icing on the cake is in my country everyone can detain a weapon at home (no need for a licence), but you need a licence to carry it out (e.g. To go at the range). Except that there are so many laws against self-defense it is unfeasible to think of owning a gun and using it. E.g. You're supposed to do warning shots, which is the typical thing you cannot do when indoor and surrounded by flats or apartments.

Does all of the above sound complicated? It fucking is. Even for me who have studied this shit.

Surprisingly, UE tries to cuck us, and yet forces gun owners to store their guns at home.
Isn't it amazing?
>>
>>33866539
>E.g. You're supposed to do warning shots, which is the typical thing you cannot do when indoor and surrounded by flats or apartments.
Forgot to add: and even if you performed warning shots with dummy rounds, every neighbor who sues you for having committed the crime of "alarming the public for menial reasons" will have your license or weapon seized in a minute. E.g. A burglar arrives, you shoot a warning shot (empty case, dummy bullet)... But you cannot prove a threatening individual was there (e.g. No cameras) = they might charge you for excessive noise or some shit like that
>>
>>33865976

Toi tu vis dans le nord pas de calais.
>>
>>33865976
She is clearly mentally ill and needs to be hospitalised against her will.
You also need to move out and stop being a little faggot.
>>
>>33865976
None of her "arguments" are actually arguments, they're all assumptions, that should be insulting to your integrity unless you actually plan on shooting her.

If she projects that much of her attitude towards violence, just keep the gun away from HER and you should be fine.
>>
>>33865976
Imo: you should probably wait on the gun and save and move to the US. Yo i live in a country with a volatile political climate that will do nothing but try to ruin your joy and give it away to some brown person who would rather u be dead.

In the US we also have the problems of these liberal zealots but our core citizens are waking up to this and are starting to vote against it, we strongly hold on to our rights because we believe them to be given by our creator and not something to be taken away, while in your country they are thought of as privileges.

Tl;dr move down to dixieland, marry some hot piece of ass, and enjoy your guns. We have room.
>>
>>33867199
You live in*
>>
>I have no interest in home -defense whatsoever. Don't take me wrong guys, but that's just my preference.

This is what eurofags actually believe.
>>
I'm going to be frank, just get the gun, my mother was the exact same way (probably even more so, once she wouldn't stay at a friends house because the dad had a handgun in the house, he was a cop by the way), but after being around firearms within her house she's lighted up significantly. She's even expressed interest in going to a shooting range. People who weren't raised with firearms often are extremely paranoid about guns effectively "waking up and shooting someone at random," women even more so, them being more emotionally driven creatures. After awhile they will see them for what they're worth, just a chunk of metal, plastic, and/or wood.
>>
>>33865976
Sounds like you need to beat the fuck out of her.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.