[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hiroo Onoda - hide and seek world champion. Onoda was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

>Hiroo Onoda - hide and seek world champion.

Onoda was a Japanese intelligence officer who served in WWII. He did not surrender until 1974 when he was personally issued orders from his former commanding officer, who was flown out to the Phillipines to officially relieve him of military service. He was pardoned by the Phillipines government despite murdering many police officers and military personnel during his 30+ years of service hiding in the mountains and jungles. Even though he was air dropped leaflets informing him of the Japanese surrender, as well as photograps and letters from his family, he concluded that they were "trickery" to draw him into the open. After being formally discharged by his commanding officer he turned himself over to the Phillipines military. He was taken into custody with his Arisaka rifle and bayonet in perfect working condition, more than 500 rounds of ammunition, 4 hand grenades, an anti personnel mine, maps of the area he stole from a police car, a pistol he looted from a slain policeman, and a can of kerosene he used to set fire to Philippine food storages over the years. He also set boobytraps along trails, which he assisted the Phillipines police force in finding and disposing of. He returned to Japan after a brief detention as a hero, and lobbied for a return to Japanese nationalism until his death in 2014.

F
>>
>>33864635
That's not Teruo Nakamura
>>
>>33864635

How are Arisakas? I've never fired one and I can't imagine ammunition is cheap, but they're quite attractive firearms.
>>
The album Nude by Camel is based on this guy's story.
>>
>>33864635
I wish he wrote a book on his tactics, what traps, how to hide, how to fight multiple people alone
>>
>>33864697
Contrary to what fudds say about things made in Asia, Arisakas are great guns. They're indestructible and quite nice. The only bad part is the ammo being hard to find and stocks being in less than perfect condition because of Japan's humid conditions and being mutilated as sporterized guns. Late war Arisakas are also shitty since they were going purely for quantity over quality in a desperate attempt to save the war. Other than those things they're accurate, work well, and are built like a tank. The paratrooper ones are rare, but cool as fuck too.
>>
Christ, imagine the kind of damage you could do with a thousand men just like him.
>>
>>33864727
He did. "No Surrender ", but he doesn't go into much detail about tactics he used. It was much more about his thought process and mentality.
>>
>>33864635
>He did not surrender until 1974 when he was personally issued orders from his former commanding officer, who was flown out to the Phillipines to officially relieve him of military service.
A Japanese Rambo
>>
>>33864772
This is why I always laugh at the people who say "the guberment has tanks and drones you stupid redneck"

1 motivated man with a bolt action rifle and maybe a few pipe bombs can lock down a motherfucking city.
>>
>>33864697
I have a Type 38 and it's awesome. Chrysanthemum is gone but the stock is in near pristine shape with no separations on the stock.
Ammo is indeed pricey and can be hard to find so reloading may be required if you can't order online. 7.7x58mm seems to be easier to find than 6.5x50mm.
The Type 38 is slightly longer than a Mosin Nagant so it can be a little unwieldy but that weight and the 6.5x50mm cartridge goes together to make for a very pleasant and accurate rifle.
Bolt disassembly is amazingly simple and is the exact same for a Type 38 and 99.
If you don't mind paying for ammo or learning how to reload then I highly suggest it.
>>
File: Dennis_while.jpg (27KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis_while.jpg
27KB, 313x500px
>>33864635 (OP)
>only 29 years

Come back when you make it to 40 years.
>>
>>33864965
>>>33864635 (OP) (OP)
>>only 29 years
>Come back when you make it to 40 years.

>Living a quiet life after escaping from a POW camp vs. actively resisting and living out in the wild.

Jap did it better.
>>
File: sand people eating spaghetti.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sand people eating spaghetti.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>33864635
>Japanese nationalism until his death
his name was otoya yamaguchi
>>
>>33865194
That Italian looks pissed off
>>
>>33864772
Take out 1 port in Hawaii before getting kicked back across the Pacific
>>
>>33865203
What a racist
>>
>>33864697
do you like mausers? they are mausers with some slightly better modifications imo
>>
>>33865194
absolutely disgusting culture
>>
File: 62347123477.jpg (146KB, 1160x1053px) Image search: [Google]
62347123477.jpg
146KB, 1160x1053px
>>33864697
6.5mm is pretty good and much better than Carcano, but 7.7mm is just mediocre for the competition of that caliber. I saw type 99's going for $120 in a barrel bin despite how very uncommon they are.
>>
>>33865194
fuck those munki cunts deserve nothing less than a slow, painful, immediate death.
>>
>>33864635
Any sources on what he thought of modern technology in the 70s? Or what he thought of the world in 2014 when he died with social media and smartphones and western culture? Dude must have felt like he time travelled.
>>
>>33864635
Am I the only guy who is not impressed by this guy?

I don't care how loyal or fanatical you are, a soldier should start wondering wtf is happening a couple monthss without hearing back from command.

Further he was murdering civilians...what big man he was shooting farmers and travellers.
>>
>>33864635
Holy shit. Dude was an absolute samurai.

>rifle and bayonet in perfect working confition after 30+ years in a tropical jungle
What did he use to maintain his equipment?
>>
>>33865698
If I'm not mistaken he met several farmers and travelers over the years and never harmed them. Even going so far as to take photographs with them. He only fired upon uniformed and armed men as far as I know
>>
>>33865707
Except he burnt down entire warehouses full of said farmers' food. Don't pretend like he was this knight in shining armor only trying to protect himself from a perceived threat. He had blatant malicious intentions and I very much doubt he posed for pictures with the people he nearly destroyed the entire livelihood of.
>>
>>33865727
The dude thought he was at war still. I don't think he is a shiny white knight but when you come from a generation that literally blows themselves up with grenades to get a few Joes I'm not surprised
>>
>>33865727
Agriculture was the primary target behind industry. Burring food storages was not a cowardly or insurgent act at the time, it was a legitimate target in time of war.
And yes, he did pose for at least 1 photograph, and several people claim to have met him during his hiding in the mountains.
>>
>>33865727
>be in enemy territory
>see food storage that will supply enemy troops
>burn down one source of enemy supplies
He did nothing wrong
>>
I really hope his weapons and equipment are in a museum somewhere but I cant find details about it.
>>
>>33865702
Prolly animal fat
>>
>>33865727
A bloo bloo bloo bloo

But what about my rules of war I made up the other day? I'm gonna tell mommy about you!
>>
This is great
>>
>>33864635
F
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.