[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm not a poor fag, is there actually any reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1305765232147.jpg (235KB, 1750x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1305765232147.jpg
235KB, 1750x1150px
If I'm not a poor fag, is there actually any reason for me to buy a nugget?
>>
No, they are literally a meme gun
>>
Do you like milsurps? Then yes
Do you want a cheap rifle with a powerful cartridge? Then yes
>>
>>33863656
They're an interesting piece of history, but other than collecting, not really.
>>33863669
They're no longer either cheap nor the cheapest milsurp rifle with easily acquired ammo. Also x54r is now the same price as steel-cased .308, so they're not even cheap to shoot.
>>
>>33863656
I love my 91/59 which you can get for pretty much normal mosin price now since nobody knows about them, so go for that.

Or get a Finnish mosin if you have around 400-500 for a very decent rifle.
>>
>>33863656
they used to be very affordable historical rifles. ammo was dirt cheap also, it was a great combo. prices have risen on both, and while its still relatively affordable, the only reason to buy one now is for collection purposes.
>>
Buy milsurp if you love military history and the idea of owning a piece of it appeals to you. But not otherwise. The days when people bought milsurp rifles just to get a cheap shooter are gone and aren't coming back.
>>
>>33863677
>91/59
Does this have any interesting historical significance?

If I was going to get one, I'd want it have some historical significance otherwise its just an old-ass bolt gun.
>>
Don't do it. They're not as cheap as they once were and ammo is hard to find, and expensive when it's there. I got absolutely fucked buying mine ($275) and the gun has tons of problems (sights need adjusted, cosmoline still sweats out stock, and is a bitch to clean). I implore that you either get a cheap new bolt action (Ruger American for example) or saving a few checks and getting a fancier milsurp.
>>
>>33863743
59s are a bit of a mystery. They were upgraded by the Soviet military in 1959, which is why 59 is tacked on to the end. We don't know why, though. Popular guesses for their enhancements are KGB use or for military training, or before they were introduced to the civilian market.
Iraqveteran888 made a nice video of one: https://youtu.be/UA9uksPgpek

If you can find one, grab it. They're pretty rare. They usually have a hefty price tag though. Not sure if they have the usual problems that Mosins have ironed out either.
>>
>>33863656
You shouldn't buy milsurp, any milsurp, if you aren't a collector. Just get an AR.
>>
>>33863743
>>33863799
Actually discovered in a comments section of youtube (take from that what you will) that they were used as training rifles in Soviet schools.

Would make since since at the time of their inception, the AK platform was still heavily used and was being shipped around, so it's not beyond speculation that they could've in theory just cut down some old mosins and given them to kids to train with.

The comment basically was from a 40 or 50 something year old dude that said he vividly remembers using them during target practice.
>>
>>33863676
what is the new king poor fag rifle
>>
>>33863826
The one thing I envy Soviet Russia for is their badassery. Training kids to use a gun in school is fucking hardcore.
I hope they were older if it's true. I doubt many pre-teens could handle the kick from a carbine nugget.
>>
File: 9WbklPP.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
9WbklPP.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>33863875
I'd say any modern bolt gun at ~$300 in .308 or common hunting round for your area (for ammo pricing), at least that's what I've heard here
>>
>>33863656
that pic fails to mention Tsarevich Alexei's scaled down version
>>
>>33863960
>"Shillary is going to win and I'm panic buying edition"
>>
File: tulsky.jpg (613KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tulsky.jpg
613KB, 1024x768px
Do it for the lulz.
>>
File: 1491422599185.jpg (185KB, 900x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1491422599185.jpg
185KB, 900x1202px
Is it just me or does anyone else find it incredibly depressing that in 50 years or so, all the wood and metal milsurp will have dried up to the point a mosin will be $800 and the only affordable guns will be AR's and polymer pistols?
>>
>>33863875
Ar15
>>
>>33863973

Its not complete by any means. There are bunch of early/late/rare versions still missing from it, like carbine m/07, target/sniper rifle M/27-66 and sniper rifle M/85.
>>
I bought mine when the getting was good. Now, unless you like them there's really not too much point
>>
>>33863656
>family tree of mediocrity
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.