[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you shoot long distance handgun (100+ yards, let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Do any of you shoot long distance handgun (100+ yards, let's say) with any regularity? What guns have you had the most luck with? Are you consistently able to make hits to that distance, particularly shooting off hand? Any tips?

The range I do most of my shooting at only goes out to 50 yards, but I'd really like to try some of my handguns at 100+, particularly my 44 mag Super Blackhawk.
>>
>>33863421
No, but I wish. I can't hit shit past 15 yards. I'd kill myself, but I'd probably miss
>>
>>33863421
I hit the target a couple of times with my colt 1903 in .32. I just wanted to try it. It's pretty crazy how long it takes the bullet to go that far.
>>
>>33863421

>100yards
>lol

https://youtu.be/jJ3XwizTqDw
>>
>>33863421
Only gun I've had any luck with past 25 yards is my Webley.

But that doesn't get me groupings.
It gets me rounds that are accounted for on paper (sort of)
>>
>>33863478
RIP
>>
I regularly shoot at B8 targets at 25 yards with my cc gun everytime I go to the range. It isn't that difficult provided that you have a good set of sights that aren't too wide.
>>
>>33863421
Der Grosse Arktis Zwergen Zauberer:
>>33863421
>Do any of you shoot long distance handgun (100+ yards, let's say) with any regularity?
Yep

>What guns have you had the most luck with?
Dan wesson 15-2 with 8" barrel, S&W Shield 9mm, S&W 65-2, and Sig P228

>Are you consistently able to make hits to that distance, particularly shooting off hand?
Yes, however, it's important to clairify what target we're talking about. I'll be on target 90%+ of the time on an 18x24" gong at 100-175yds, however that drops to 70% with my 10x12" gong.

>Any tips?
Natural point of aim is more important than you think, practice it. Consistency in your grip will help keep your trigger pull cobsistent, pick a part of tge grip for each fingertip and put them in the same spot every time. Dry fire and do it often.

Most importantly, focus on your front sight, focus in it like you're trying to melt the fucker with your mind.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_014422.jpg (112KB, 1280x1054px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_014422.jpg
112KB, 1280x1054px
>>33865551
pic related.
>>
>>33863478
>Still thinking that is real.
>>
>>33863421
Regularly shoot at 50 meters.. 9mm CZ SP01... Not great grouping, 12 inches probably, but I'm only worried about hitting the target at the distance.
>>
I consistently had 8 inch groups at 100 yards with my 6 inch Blackhawk 357, iron sights. My eyesight is 20/10
>>
>>33863421
Used to back before I moved to NY and had to sell stuff. The glock 31 in 357sig worked pretty well, the 5in 357 s&w worked even better. The longer the sight radius the easier for precision aiming and the faster the round the lower you have to aim. That said I usually aimed at the head to get center of mass
>>
>>33863421

A buddy of mine has a few plates on his property, and we often sit at an old picnic table with .22's and plink at the 75 yard plate while we catch up and bullshit about life.

Best results have been with my single six
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.