[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good, reliable, rail-mounted iron sights for an AR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What are good, reliable, rail-mounted iron sights for an AR?

I just won this AR from a local drawing. Pretty nice gun, and my first AR, but it was pretty easy to figure out how to take it apart/field strip it. Most of my serious shooting has been with a Finnish M39 and it's nice to have something lighter that I can support with the magazine from prone. I'd like to continue my tradition of shooting with irons, though, and was wondering what you bunch would recommend I use. Preferably rail-mounted, but reliable. The rail and handguard are very sturdy and made of aluminum, so I'm not worried about flexion. I'd probably rather have peep sights so I can continue shooting at longer distances, but the field of view won't be amazing since it's not a very long carbine. Any other suggestions?

Pic-related. I never felt like AR's had much character to them, but it feels really nice to carry and move with.
>>
>>33862097
MBUS Pros
>>
Magpul pros, made out of metal.
>>
YHM are nice. Very chunky and solid.
>>
>>33862139
>>33862149

Yeah, the guys at the manufacturer told me the same thing. But they also cost almost $200. They say a lot of the LEOs they know prefer them.

Is my option really to pay more for irons than a red dot?

>>33862154
YHM? And what're your experiences with them?
>>
>>33862097
Congratulations!

The first thing you're going to want to do is ensure that the rail is properly aligned with the receiver. Once that is done, head to KAC and get ready to spend some money!
>>
>>33862158
Yeah, it looks good to me. The guys at the manufacturer also made sure to check it out and test-fire it before giving it to me.
>>
>>33862097
>it's not a very long Carbine

Protip a 15" handguard is going to give you a longer sight radius than any AK, and barring a 28" CZ Ultra-Lux any other target rifle that has a practical application outside of Olympic Airgun shooting.

If you are cheap-ass

>Magpul MBUS

Slightly more expensive

>Mbus Pro
>Griffin Armament M2
>Daniel Defense fixed front/rear
>Mix and match any of the above
>>
>>33862178
>Sight radius good enough

Really? And I suppose you're right. The handguard has a rail but the rail goes all the way back to the charging handle, so this could give me a very long sight radius.

Everyone keeps recommending the MBUS Pro. What's the difference between these and the standard MBUS as far as function goes? And I'll keep all of this in mind, thank you.
>>
>>33862157
You should never, ever, ever, ever, spend money on a cheap red dot. If irons are going to be your primary sighting system, and you have no intention on even getting a magnified optic or red dot, you'll want to spend the money on irons that are adjustable for windage and elevation in the rear.

Here is what I'd recommend

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/ar-15-back-up-iron-sight-kit-metric-black-prod98025.aspx

If you're going to use these irons as back-up sights, then you can go cheaper and get:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/ar-15-m16-mbus-gen-2-sight-system-prod44044.aspx
>>
>>33862157
>YHM? And what're your experiences with them?
I own them. They're cheap. They do anything an iron sight needs to do. Not going to break if you knock into something.
>>
>>33862157
That's if you want the best of the best flip sights, any kind of fixed sights will work and they're cheap.
>>
>>33862248
What fixed sights would you say are of good quality, and are rail-mountable? I don't have the resources to mount a front sight on the gas block.
>>
File: IMG_20170401_114046~2.jpg (1MB, 4029x1408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_114046~2.jpg
1MB, 4029x1408px
DD fixed
>>
>>33862292
For about $120, that ain't too bad at all. How's zeroing them? And for what distance would you recommend zeroing them? Maybe 25m so that I have a 300m battle zero as well, and I can just hold an inch high for elevation in between?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.