[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever made one of theses? Please share your experience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images (39).jpg (9KB, 600x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (39).jpg
9KB, 600x192px
Has anyone ever made one of theses? Please share your experience. Also why is this never talked about?

Also general air guns thread I guess.
>>
No one cares about alternative projectile slingers?
>>
They used these as marksmen's rifles back in the day
>>
>>33853114
the only thing that stops these from looking cool is the fucking mag.
>>
wonder if you could make a magazine like one of the airsoft midcaps where it coils around inside the shell. save space/maximize ammo capacity while also improving the aesthetic overall.
>>
>>33853114
CO2 12 gram powerlet can feed directly into 1/2" sch40 steel pipe with a simple paintball adapter.

Each cartridge has the same kinetic energy as a 38spl round.

Just some fun trivia. :^)
>>
File: images (40).jpg (29KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (40).jpg
29KB, 443x332px
>>33854108
Just make it bigger like this one

>>33854127
They use lead cast minie balls so it needs traditional magazine. That could work if you used ball bearings but then you'd have no accuracy.

>>33854142
I've done this. No accuracy at all.
>>
>>33854108
And the bottle. And the receiver. And the sights. And the grips.
>>
>>33853114
With a bipod and a drum mag of some kind this could be barrels of fun.
>>
here's a website made by someone who attempted one of these, not a complete log though: http://www.airmachinegun.com/caselman_build.htm
>>
>>33858662
Yea I've seen that site, it doesn't really show much. Google images has more pictures honestly.
>>
Does anyone know what became of his air shotgun? The channel never made a follow-up video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMXkn7gnHw&list=PLr10CpxwesAP7j4KTyg1AIbGYqmi_1hOL&index=5
>>
>>33854142
More details please. Are machine tools or welding involved? Is it inexpensive? Might be fun to mess with if not too expensive/difficult.
>>
what are the limitations preventing air weapons from competing with traditional guns?
>>
>>33862549

Lack of energy. There's some ones that are good for hunting, and they can be supressed without a tax stamp (must be integral), so they can have their perks, but they don't even come close to the performance of powder burning guns.
>>
>>33853114
Would a fully automatic airgun like this be legal? Is that still classified as a machine gun?
>>
>>33862593
would an ignitable gas solve this? I work with a tool called a track-it gun that shoots spikes into concrete. Ten years ago they still used 22 cal power charges but now they use a gas combustion reaction triggered by electricity. They hold fourty spikes and I can shoot them into dry wall 10 feet away literally 1000 times with a single cartridge half the size of a pop can. This thing explodes fist sized pieces of concrete or rocks 1000 times before it runs out of gas, it makes me question the next steps for man portable weapons.

And don't tell anyone but they are basically a burglars dream, you can explode a lock silently in a few seconds, you can even use the same gas that powers the guns to freeze the lock.
>>
>>33862686
Tippmann did that already.

I always wanted a fully auto Lewis-gun bb gun.
>>
>>33862624
In America it's fully legal. I think tippman made a belt fed .22 cal pellet gun that runs above 500fps so unfortunately I can't get it in the cucked north.

There's some law in America that says you can't do anything to regulate non powder burning guns such as airguns and spring air rifles.
>>
File: roadwarrior-41jpg-0a132f_1280w.jpg (45KB, 1280x527px) Image search: [Google]
roadwarrior-41jpg-0a132f_1280w.jpg
45KB, 1280x527px
>>33853114
I want to make something like the dart guns in Road Warrior, but I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>33863523
Its more do do with the specifications for a firearm. Since firearms are regulated there needs to be a definition of what constitutes a firearm. Since airguns do not meet all the requirements of a firearm, they are not.
>>
>>33864584
I wonder if combustion gas guns would be considered a firearm. Like a potato gun but much much much different.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.