[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time and time again I hear that firearms themselves won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Runaway_36.jpg (152KB, 864x373px) Image search: [Google]
Runaway_36.jpg
152KB, 864x373px
Time and time again I hear that firearms themselves won't change much in the near future but that optics, electronics and ammunition will.

I understand the first two, but knowing jack-shit about ballistics, physics, and manufacturing I have no idea what new ammunition would be like.

What do people mean by this?
Caseless seems a dead meme, higher velocity? Lighter? Heavier? Composites?

What's to come for ammunition in the near future?
>>
>>33848850
I'm looking forward to railguns. Projectile won't have to be propelled by gunpowder.
>>
>>33848850
Ammunition changes means shit like polymer tipped bullets for better ballistic coefficients or to expand properly, shit like hornady's ELD-X bullets having that heat shield bullshit
>>
>>33848850
>What's to come for ammunition in the near future?
Drones, drones everywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGgHyfPGU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlcdXFlWDUc
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: Circle-trig6.svg.png (92KB, 1280x819px) Image search: [Google]
Circle-trig6.svg.png
92KB, 1280x819px
>>33848850
Man... mfw I can goto to Home Depot, Hobby Store, MetroPCS, and have a howitzer with a targeting computer in a flinch.
>>
>>33848850
CTSAS
>>
>>33848850

If propellant ever advances enough to make gyrojets accurate and reliable, that'd be a huge game changer right there.

In the immediate future we have CTSAS and the propellant advances behind it. It can be argued that the most important thing to come of the LSAT and CTSAS is the compressed propellant it uses. By using a process similar to pill pressing, it can deliver more energy with less perceived recoil compared loosely packed powder.
>>
>What do people mean by this?
>Caseless seems a dead meme, higher velocity? Lighter? Heavier? Composites?
Different chamberings are starting to take off to make up for the issues with what's been common since the 1960s. We see a lot more in the 6mm to .30 range for rifles (6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.8SPC, .300blk) and handgun ammo is getting powerful enough that the limit isn't the case, the powder, or even the gun, but the biology of the shooter (hot loaded 10mm, .44mag and larger revolvers, .45 Super, .460 Rowland).
>>
>>33848850
>shoulder on the missile casing
Uh...
>>
>>33849145
What the fuck are you talking about you mumbling nigger
>>
>>33852200
he'll be able to build a rail gun in the future. high energy density cell phone batteries and what not

>>33850827
>If propellant ever advances enough to make gyrojets accurate and reliable

the issue, afaik, was QC. once they fixed that the bullets... rockets worked fine
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.