[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ help me out please >brand new bolt action rifle >take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2269.png (823KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2269.png
823KB, 640x1136px
/k/ help me out please

>brand new bolt action rifle
>take it to range today to zero
>40 rounds factory ammo through it
>2 F2F one of which I put back in chamber and tried to fire again. Nothing.
>remove rounds both times and inspect
>doesn't really look to be light primer strike but I can't tell

What do you think?

Bad ammo?

The fact that the same round failed twice makes me think this maybe.

Issue with gun maybe and if so goddamnit.
>>
>>33847746
what brand is the gun?
If it is a deep primer strike it would be the gun.
It sounds like the ammo is the problem.
>>
>>33847746
What rifle and ammo? Any pictures of the rounds that didn't go off?
>>
>>33847746
details
what gun?
what ammo?
are you a fag?
>>
>>33847773
sorry made a mistake. If it is a deep primer strike it is most likely the ammo.
>>
>>33847773
Ruger American .223

Yes, I'm a poorfag
>>
>>33847778
Unfortunately no. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>33847784
>Ruger American
>American Eagle .223
>No
>>
Bumping for more opinions hopefully
>>
>>33847954
>no pictures
>more opinions
>>
>>33847801
I don't think it is the guns fault. I would honestly try different ammo and if you are getting the same issues then yea, its probably the gun.
>>
we have to see those primer strikes, brother, or we cannot judge if it's bad primer or bad firing pin
>>
>>33847954
My opinion is that you should make sure that the firing pin is free of obstructions, and shoot more.

Take pictures of failed primer strikes next time.
>>
degrease the spring inside the bolt. I also replaced my mainspring with a stiffer version. My rifle only had this problem when shooting surplus '06- never factory ammo.
>>
File: 1493564983493.gif (744KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493564983493.gif
744KB, 250x250px
>>33847746
>>brand new bolt action rifle
>>2 F2F one of which I put back in chamber and tried to fire again. Nothing.
>>doesn't really look to be light primer strike but I can't tell

It's the ammo and you bought a .22lr which is a rimfire so strikes are not that defined.
>>
I had fail to fire and/or cycle with half of my guns in the first few shots.

Clean them, oil them, cycle them a few times. Sometime stuff accumulate inside the firing mechanism when it's stored.
If after 50 rounds and switching ammo you still encounter issue, then yeah, it's the gun fault.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.