[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my American friends mentioned something called an "LTSR",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 500px-MRE_contents.jpg (42KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
500px-MRE_contents.jpg
42KB, 500x282px
One of my American friends mentioned something called an "LTSR", which according to him is like an MRE you can live off indefinitely without starting to shit blood after a month.

We definitely don't have anything like that here, and I haven't been able to find anything on the internet. What's an LTSR? What's in it? Can you really live off of it forever? It sounds insane. Where do you get those?
>>
>>33847331
you can eat an mre indefinitely too.. the gum has laxatives in it and if you chew it you will never get stopped up
>>
>>33847331
Like my patriot foods? Those are long term, more so than an MRE.

But you can go a long time on MRE's, just need plenty of water to keep regular. We used to train with the, 21 days at a time and no one really had any issues besides getting really burnt out on eating pasta for breakfast.

But those 30yr companies have some decent options. Usually you can get them for cheap on sale.
>>
>>33847331
>LTSR
Never heard of it

>Shitting blood from an MRE
This is a le meme. Either that or the internet attracts a lot of weak stomached wussbags. MREs are perfectly able to sustain you, even though they are bland in the taste department

For long term, I have also lived off of RGA meals, which are essentially MRE type foodstuff meals packed in bulk for platoons and needing slightly more preparation by a cook.

Also there are cold weather MREs which require hot water to prepare (as opposed to standard MREs which *can* be eaten cold). Those are tasty, but higher calorie so eating a whole one every sitting is not a great idea.
>>
>>33847331
It's short for "Long Term Survival Rations". To the best of my knowledge that's not the official name of any particular meal, it's more of a concept, like bug-out bag. You're supposed to prepare your OWN "Long Term Survival Rations" from a smart combination of food items that could last you for very long (e.g. weeks, months, even years, depending on how long you're planning on being stuck in a bunker or whatever).
>>
>>33847331
Or you could learn to hunt and fish.
>>
Like everyone has said you can be just fine eating MREs, just stay hydrated. I've lived off them for over a month. It's just a meme for kids who like poop jokes. Honestly most of it's better than canned store stuff.
>>
>>33847343
NZ army here, we have the laxative in a chocolate bar. Real fucking funny to offer 5 of them to a new cunt and say "eat them quick, you'll get in the shit if someone sees you with those".
>>
>>33847331
you can go long term on MREs, you just need to avoid the trash entrees like basically anything with tomato sauce or government-issue """meat""" units inside them

if it has the word vegetable, vegetarian, or is chili with beans, you can rest easy knowing you will be able to shit it out that same week

most people who think MREs are really bad are probably sub 200lb people trying to eat 3 full MREs daily, as though each MRE isnt roughly a daily caloric intake for most people. ofcourse you're getting constipated and feeling like shit when you consume 5-6k calories of preservative packed carbs "meat" and red sauce
>>
>>33847343
I love this meme.
>>
>>33850671
>Hey /k/ has anyone ever heard of this type of MRE called LTSR?
>>"HURR JUST LEARN TO HUNT OR FISH"
Great shitpost
Fuck off you retarded trip
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.