[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWW bMmzLcpY I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: i1nJ5.jpg (184KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
i1nJ5.jpg
184KB, 1000x676px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWbMmzLcpY

I've seen Anti air launches, and Russian anti air seem to be slower than the substandard American SAM launches. Has the Russian lost their technological edge? Chinese SAM systems fire faster than them and French SAM systems are more accurate. I think it would be better if they just buy Chinese.
>>
>Has the Russian lost their technological edge?

you can't lose what you never had
>>
>>33842345
nyet, missile is fine
>>
>>33842345
>I've seen Anti air launches, and Russian anti air seem to be slower than the substandard American SAM launches.
Wow how 1 person can be so retarded?
>>
>>33842345
For what purpose? It's not like you are gonna get any fun replies out of this like if you made a thread on /pol/ or something? What is the meaning of this?
>>
>>33842682
If you watch the video, you'll notice that the Russian ship can only launch around 1 missile per 3 seconds which is hella slow compared to 1 missile per 1 second of America which should be standard speed. If you lookw at the Kaliber ripple and tomahawk launches in Syria, they are the same. Slow Russian launches, which means they no longer have good research and development. They truly should buy Chinese
>>
>>33842345
They're called cold launch. Basically compressed gas propels the missile out of the tube then ignites. Most Navies use hot launch, which the missile is propelled out of the tube by the missile itself. https://www.reddit.com/r/CredibleDefense/comments/65zcbw/questions_about_quadpacked_vls_missiles/?sort=top
>>
Why is there no American ripple fire launch like that?
>>
>>33842345
Russian SAM are only good for shooting down fat slow defenseless civilian airliners.
>>
>>33842774
You really think it comes down to if you can launch missiles every second or can on launch 1 every 3 seconds?

Next you will be making a thread about russian SAM operators pressing buttons slower then americans, ergo they must be inferior.
>>
>>33843780
Well, russian SAM operators ARE inferior, being less than human is part of being russian. Not sure if it affects button pressing speed tho'.
>>
>>33843780
Yes. Russians use 2 anti air missiles for every 1 target. The OP video shows they can fire 2 per 6 seconds, Americans are known to fire 1 Tomahawk per 1 second as per the Syrian conflict video. 5 Tomahawks is fired in 5 seconds where 10 BuKs need 30 seconds. A lot of time is used on targeting so going via performance, Tomahawk wins.
>>
>>33843843
>BuK
Autistic German detected.
And why are you comparing a LACM to a SAM?
>>
>>33842345
>implying Russia ever had a technological edge
>>
>>33843859
>>33843859
A Tomahawk flies so it is countered by a BuK. 2 BuKs per Tomahawk is the standard response. 5 Tomahawks needs 5 seconds to be launched, 10 BuKs need 30 seconds for a response. The tomahawks will hit their target before the 30 seconds response time is over.
>>
>>33843868
>5 Tomahawks needs 5 seconds to be launched
Source?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhuQqPcOtY
>BuK
Whats a BuK, do you mean Buk?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.