[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the Civil Air Patrol? Got permanently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: Shower_Carry.jpg (493KB, 1109x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Shower_Carry.jpg
493KB, 1109x1600px
What does /k/ think of the Civil Air Patrol? Got permanently disqualified from military cause bad heart, so is this a good alternative? I was also looking at duel citizenship somewhere so I could serve. UK is the top pick right now. Any other ideas? Pic Related not really.
>>
>>33842317
Wait until they get their hands on some brrrrrrrrrrrts.
>>
File: pickelhaube_dog.gif (1000KB, 368x208px) Image search: [Google]
pickelhaube_dog.gif
1000KB, 368x208px
I know you can get citizenship here in America by serving, anywhere else?
>>
>>33842317
FUCK that DBG is hot is fuck, that rape scene made me diamonds.
>>
CAP doesn't carry guns. CAP is pretty much Air Force-sponsored Boy Scouts. As an adult/officer, you might get to fly a search-and-rescue mission in a Cessna 172.
>>
>>33842543
Right, what's a more operator alternative? Besides duel citizenship or Congressional Waiver.
>>
>>33842569
CoD
>>
>>33842317
Law enforcement and intelligence service are the closest alternatives to military.
>>
>>33842317
Intelligence or LEO. Apply to the CIA, worst that could happen is they say no and have to sift through your hentai collection.
>>
>>33842569
french foreign legion, wildland firefighting, law enforcement, paramedic, volunteer fireman.
>>
>>33842317
>Duel citizenship
>>33842569
>Duel citizenship

The US doesn't need anymore subhuman retards. Go to the U.K., there are large amounts of subhuman retards there you will feel right at home.
>>
>>33842569
FFL would be operator.
>>
>>33843000
>Duel citizenship
I want to believe that you fight someone for citizenship. Like, an applicant turns up to the embassy and asks about Duel Citizenship and the diplomatic corp staffer gives them an epee and they fight to first blood in the car park. If you defeat the staffer then you get your citizenship (and maybe an elegant scar).
>>
File: 1474175888772.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474175888772.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>33843247
>>
>>33843247
off to see /tg/, brb
>>
>>33842317
Okay OP here's the rundown on CAP

While yes it's part of the total force of the Air Force you aren't stationed anywhere like the Air Force it's its own retarded animal.

You do one of three things

>Aerospace Education
>Cadet Programs
>Emergency Services

>Aerospace Education
Teaching 12 year olds how to fly planes, don't bother really doing shit with this unless you've got a pilot's license already (or are a richfag) Getting qualified as a Mission Pilot, Mission Observer, or Mission Scanner thing can lead to work in ES.

>Cadet Programs
Teaching 12-18 year olds how to military. Most of the time it's mind numbingly annoying seeing as you can't haze annoying little fuckwits into acting right (thanks Cadet Protection). However you can do some fun shit and go to some fun places so it can be worth.

>Emergency Services
Where the real fun is. CAP does over 90 percent of overland SAR in the continental US. Both Cadets and Senior Members participate and can be trained in SAR (I was trained a lot, never deployed feelsbadman). If you can fly or want to do aircrew you can be a mission pilot, mission observer, or mission scanner. You can do mission base stuff (running radios, being a liaison between organizations like FEMA and such), or you can be a Ground Team member. However with your heart problems that might be too much.

t. CAP member for 9 years a cadet and still as a Senior Member.

It's not the military OP but if you wanna give back it's more cool than working in your local soup kitchen.
>>
>>33842543
Former CAP. Literally all we did was do search and rescues cause of dumbass drunk boaters would drift out to sea and get lost. Great way to build flight hours though.
>>
>>33842317
>UK is the top pick right now.
You need to live here for 5 years before you can enlist.
>>
>>33845927
Only if you're a Commonwealth citizen.
>>
>>33842317
>disqualified from military cause bad heart

yeah maybe you should consider working in the library or something

NOBODY WILL HIRE YOU WITH HEART PROBLEMS FOR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING JOBS YOU RETARD
>>
>>33845965
>physically demanding
>CAP
pick one
>>
File: 1de.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1de.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>33845887
150 hour private fag here
HOW DO
>>
File: inputContent_1493576685085.gif (690KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
inputContent_1493576685085.gif
690KB, 500x213px
>>33845887
>>33845700
Thanks guys gonna enlist as CAP Senior Member and finish college, get a law degree and JAG for the military. Might also reapply Congressional Waiver for heart. I swim in college right now for a division 2 school, and practice 22 hours a week, getting 16000 yards in a day. So I know my heart can take it.
>>
>>33845965
I can handle it
>>
>>33846168
Stress is both mental and physical and taxes the heart on a already bad heart.
>>
>>33847371
you don't "enlist" in CAP. You're still, at all times, a civilian and are never subject to the UCMJ. You do not take any oaths to "preserve, protect and defend" merely an oath to not violate the regulations.
>>
>>33847444
Thanks for the clarification
>>
I fucking hate CAP scum.

>Be E3, 2W031
>Stop at Walmart on the way home from work because wife says we're out of some stuff
>Approaching register
>Hungry skellington that would make a real skeleton say "Dude eat a sandwich" at register
>Acne, coke-bottle glasses, touch of hair on upper lip
>Shitty BDUs, old surplus boots with cracked leather in places, gay-ass flamboyant CAP insignia and retarded ranks shining out from the green and black
>Kid must be like 14 years old
>His shopping basket has fucking Donald Duck orange juice, Totino's Pizza Rolls, and ketchup in it.
>"Do you have military discount?"
>Cashier looks barely 18 herself, blonde, nice rack, not a brain in her head.
>Smiles sweetly "We do! What branch?"
>"C-civil Air Patrol."
>"I've never heard of that one. Is that a special unit?"
>"Yeah it's part of the Air Force."
>Blonde frowns. Looks confused.
>"Really? Are you in different uniforms because it's special?"
>Cashier casually gestures her hand in my direction.
>CAPtain Crapbaskets looks where she's pointing and sees an angry, overworked Airman in ABUs with US Air Force tape and a very "cut the shit" expression.
>"S-something like that."
>Blonde smiles cheerfully
>"So y'all both work at [Local AF Base] together?"
>Consider my plan of attack
>Do I play along and see how much shit he can lie himself into?
>Do I try the "muh Stolen Valor" Muhreen shtick?
>Decide to go for "Casually crush all spirit" routine.
>Smile apologetically.
>"Oh no ma'am, Civil Air Patrol isn't allowed on [Base Name] without permission since they're a civilian organization with absolutely no military experience, training, or application. They don't count as members of the Armed Forces and don't have military IDs."
>Say it all with a smile and the air of someone casually explaining to a bystander what my org badge means or when the local Arby's opens.
>Blonde goes from smiling to looking at Crapbaskets like he just smeared semen all over his nipples.

Cont'
>>
>>33850060

Cont'

>By the time I got to "isn't allowed on base" CAPtain Autismo had already started unloading his basket onto the conveyor belt
>Mumbles "I don't want these."
>Pack of Yugioh cards still inside basket when he sets it down and starts walking as fast as he can to the exit.
>Breaks into a run when he reaches the automatic door and doesn't even put his cover on.
>Blonde looks at me
>"So he's not in the military?"
>Once again clarify to her that CAP is civilian run and more like a "youth org" that teaches them how to fly with a military theme.
>Blonde thanks me and says she'll tell her boss not to offer CAP any military discounts.
>Gives me one without asking.
>Thanks me for my service.
>Thank her for her support.
>Stroll out of Walmart towards car to find Sgt Skellington pedaling away as fast as he can on a bicycle.

Fucking Cappies.
>>
>>33847371
you don't enlist anon, and if you're going senior member you can only go in enlisted if you're enlisted in the military. You'll go in as an "officer" (not that it means anything because lol Civil Air Patrol)
>>
>>33850139
I'll take shit that never happened for 800 Alex.

We're allowed on bases btw, as part of my job in my wing I'd go to my wing headquarters on the local AF base, and CAP is part of the total force.

TL;DR: kys JROTC fag
>>
>>33850262

It depends on the base.

I'm at Tyndall currently and I've seen some Cappies on the south side of the base, but none of them are allowed on the North side because the flightline is restricted and F22s are classified still.

>t. Airman who had to keep fucking Cappies, Canadians, and fake vets from breaking red at the Tyndall Air Show like they owned the line and everything in it.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>33850262

I'll take shit that never happened for 1000, Trebec
>>
>>33850356
FUTURE IS NOW OLD MAN
>>
>>33850356
http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/615251/civil-air-patrol-joins-total-force-airmen/

explain this
>>
>>33842317
Former cadet here.

Its a pretty good organization, but don't kid yourself on what you are getting into, their primary missions are emergency services and aerospace education.

For emergency services, expect to get calls in the middle of the night to go shut off an emergency locator beacon that went off on a landing that was harder than the pilot realized. Search and rescue might have you combing through the forest or as a spotter on a plane, or flying the plane if you are a pilot.

For aerospace education, they can help you get flight training if you want to become a pilot, as well as use of their aircraft.

The Air Force really won't respect you, because you are basically paying for the privilege to do some of their shit work for them with your membership dues, while not having any serious requirements or training to whatever rank you climb to..

Also, Illinois Wing is as corrupt as the rest of the state.

>>33845700
Pretty spot on. Especially on Cadet Protection, which seemed to be focused completely backwards.
>>
>>33851113
it's bullshit, CAP had some hazing and safety issues sure but Cadet Protection took it way too far. Rather than fixing shit leaders they implemented shittier policy.
>>
>>33851176
They sure did. They were more focused on the stopping the kids from making other kids do push ups than getting raped by senior members.
>>
>>33842317
what is the name of the manga in the pic
>>
>>33851297
http://imgur.com/a/XT1Hl
>>
>>33842976
Are there any hentai mangos featuring CIA agents I could download before applying?

Preferably with watersports waterboarding.
>>
>>33842569
Just become a cop duh
>>
>>33850060
>>33850139
>>
File: pancake face.png (298KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
pancake face.png
298KB, 500x373px
civil air patrol is for kids lol, thats like being 25 and wanting to join NJROTC
>>
>>33852288
no they have specific squadrons for adult members, and there are things you can do as an adult member you cannot do as a cadet.
>>
>>33842987
>>33843009
I would avoid the FFL anon, you have to learn a whole new language just to get treated like dirt.

LEO is probably your best bet, UK Armed Forces are only deployed on peace keeping operations in a few countries and if you are a yank you'd probably get hazed to shit depending on what regiment you join.
>>
File: pakistan1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1421px) Image search: [Google]
pakistan1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1421px
>bad heart

>>33855885
>LEO is probably your best bet,

I'm not a doctor but I think this may not be good advice.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.