[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is full auto worth it? Thinking of getting an nfa stamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

Is full auto worth it? Thinking of getting an nfa stamp and buying a FA gun
>>
>>33841691
Hell yess it is.
I would do it.
>>
>>33841691
I would only buy it as an investment.
>>
File: tromix.jpg (252KB, 1806x941px) Image search: [Google]
tromix.jpg
252KB, 1806x941px
>>33841691
>>
File: SKS auto sear.jpg (583KB, 1008x1451px) Image search: [Google]
SKS auto sear.jpg
583KB, 1008x1451px
>>33841691
>>33841780
>>
>>33841691
>getting a stamp and buying a FA
That's not how it works. You buy the machine gun, fill out your form 4, wait 10 months, and get your stamp to pick up the machine gun. You can get into a FA for about $5,000 (MAC11). A ruger AC556 is going to be a few thousand more, and everything goes up from there. M16 s go for about $20k, and MP5s are over $20k. Check out sturmgewehr.com NFA boards and subguns.com NFA classifieds.
>>
File: 1401685399777.jpg (736KB, 1296x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1401685399777.jpg
736KB, 1296x1956px
>>33841786
>>
File: Full Info.png (1MB, 1783x2522px) Image search: [Google]
Full Info.png
1MB, 1783x2522px
>>33841793
>>
>>33841691
No. They're expensive as shit and the fun will run out quick, then it will just collect dust in your safe. If you are doing it as an investment, sure. If just for the fun of shooting, just rent one once in a while.
>>
auto sear hole locations
>>
File: Lighting Link - Copy.png (3MB, 1636x1491px) Image search: [Google]
Lighting Link - Copy.png
3MB, 1636x1491px
>>
>>33841691

Do you have unlimited amounts of money?

>>33841768

Dangerous for the next couple years. If the Republicans repeal Hughes (or the NFA in general) then the value of those will plummet and stay low forever.
>>
>>33841788

So in the meantime the seller holds onto the gun? I've always wondered how that worked.
>>
Practically, it's only useful in suppressive fire or close range.

But if you enjoy shooting guns, full auto may be a novelty, but it's a real fun one. Just make sure to get it in a cheap caliber like 9x19 or maybe .223 because obviously you're going to be pissing away ammo pretty fast.
>>
>>33841780
Wow, didn't know Tromix was that old.
>>
File: 400px-TrueLiesMAC-10.jpg (13KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
400px-TrueLiesMAC-10.jpg
13KB, 400x274px
So is a giggle switch MAC worth the $5000 price tag? On one hand, it's a lot of money for gun made out of sheet metal that has all the aesthetic qualities of a box. On the other hand, having a fully automatic gun that doesn't trigger the ATF into shooting every dog in the city is pretty fucking cool, and as long as the Hughes remains it'll only increase in value.
>>
>>33842689
I want a lead hose box too, just not $5000 want.
>aesthetics of a box
But it's a stamped steel box with wires that spews lead at 1,500RPM, what's not to like about that box?
>ATF shoots dog
I've been out of the loop on /k/ recently, what happened?
>>
>>33843594
LEO's in general have a reputation for shooting doggo's for sometimes flimsy reasons.

Depends who you get coming around to your house, if you get a dickhead or someone who is really nervous around dogs come to your house and say your dog pounces on them happily (like dogs do when they see new people and get excited) they will likely shoot the dog and claim self defence.

Seriously if you have a doggo and you ever have to deal with LEO's lock your doggo away and make they are NEVER in the same room as an officer. It's just too risky.
>>
>>33843594
Ruby Ridge, the ATF shot a dog for no reason and it became a /k/ meme
>>
>>33844330
>Ruby Ridge, the ATF shot a dog for no reason and it became a /k/ meme
>the ATF shot a dog

pls be bait
>>
>>33844353
>>33844330
Actually it's way more common than that. It's pretty well known that cops shoot dogs if they're not immediately controlled and even in some cases even when they're controlled and the officer feels threatened.

Link related
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=police+shoot+dog+video
>>
>>33844370
>Actually it's way more common than that. It's pretty well known that cops shoot dogs if they're not immediately controlled and even in some cases even when they're controlled and the officer feels threatened.

Yes, obviously. Happens literally every day. I just said that because at RR they shot the dude and his wife and babby as well as his son IIRC
>>
File: MAX-11 9.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MAX-11 9.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>33841691
Go try out one at a rental range or something, then make the decision if you think you'd really like to have one.
Generally 9mm subguns will be the easiest choice, as ammo is dirt cheap, recoil is light and easy, and the decent ones are generally in the $10000 range, Sterlings, Uzis, all those good things.

An M-11/9 can be under $10000, but it won't be as nice. You can get some upgrade parts for them to radically improve them both in reliability and handling (such as Lage slowfire uppers), but those cost money on their own, and if you want to convert them to use better magazines (which can be done, and would radically improve reliability, since most M-11 mags are made from shitty plastic), you'd be at around $10000 soon anyway.

Pic related is a Cobray M11/9 with a Lage slowfire upper, as well as some other parts of theirs.
Much nicer stock, a proper fore-end to hold on to and control the gun with, nicer grips, way nicer sights and a top-rail, a rate of fire between 500rpm to 700rpm (depending on what parts you select), which is MUCH easier to control and makes the fun last all the longer.
It still uses the same pattern of mags though, so you'll have to either find NIB Zytel mags and hope they last longer than a few trips before jamming out like Bob Dylan, or find steel mags. Converting a MAC to use better mags is costly, but appealing for these reasons.

>>33841768
Joyless faggot.

>>33842192
>If the Republicans repeal Hughes (or the NFA in general)
I'd like to be optimistic about the Reps being in power and some advances in gun rights, but you're fucking dreaming if you think the Republicans are going to take any big steps such as repealing Hughes (much less the NFA in it's entirety).

They don't really care about your rights, they only say they do so you'll vote for them.
>>
>>33841768
Fuck of Alex.
>>
>>33845594
God, I just remembered Alex.

Fuck you for making me do that.
>>
>>33842200
yea only the stamp holder is allowed to be in posession. you wait for your tax stamp, then it is yours for taking posession.
>>
>>33843937

Best idea is to train your fucking doggo not to do that.

>>33845558

I honestly hope they don't. Repealing Hughes would be an excellent way to get the normies to vote D next election on the promise of stricter gun laws.
>>
>>33846837
Normies don't fucking understand gunlaws anyway and significant amounts of them already think machineguns are legal and available at WalMart, I'd be willing to take the risk because fuck all the people investing into an (unconstitutionally) artificially valued commodity.
>>
>>33846906

So you'll risk losing MORE rights to get an expensive, largely useless ability that you'll get bored of in 10 minutes?
>>
>>33846935
What, so vote for Republicans who'll vote away another of your rights instead? I vote for whatever gives the most freedom back, furthermore, there's more gun owners in the US than ever and millenials aren't buying gun control (and are increasingly leaning less towards the left), shit's not going to hold up for the Dems if they make a move for the next election.
>>
>>33842390
They've been at it for a while.

I think they made .440 CorBon conversion kits for the .50AE AMT Automag pistols.
>>
>>33842378
.223 MGs tend to have higher prices, at least nicer ones do.

A Ruger AC556 can be pretty modestly priced for an actual transferable assault rifle (I've seen one for as low as like $7000), but a lot of them have shot out bores, and Ruger isn't servicing MGs anymore (ran out of and/or stopped making spare parts years ago)

FN FNCs can be similarly cheap, and take AR mags, but on the other hand, a lot of them have shot out bores too, and there's some nigling detail about the barrels which the ATF were being real cunts about that I can't remember.

Transferable M16s and AKs generally go past $20000 easy, I've heard of one AK going for like $135000+ (though it was two rich guys in a bidding war).
>>
>>33847682
>135000
Think that was some bring back North Korean AK from the Vietnam war..
>>
>>33847682

Why can't you replace the barrels?
>>
>>33847719
Not that guy, but replacing the barrel of an FNC is apparently damn tricky.
>>
>>33841780
any better or more clear plans for making an AK full-fun?
>>
>>33841691

Talking mag-fed guns here?
Go try it out on a range, you'll find out the novelty wears off after a couple of mags and then you'll be left with a lifetime of buyer's remorse and hanging out on your local range all the time seeking validation from strangers.

Belt-fed is a different matter altogether.
>>
File: IMG_20150717_184532.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150717_184532.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33847788
No idea.

Friend of mine asked me what this was. He said it came in his parts kit.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.