[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to be a father soon and have been looking for the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Im going to be a father soon and have been looking for the best handgun lock that would protect my gun from accidental discharge but also be very quickly accessible during an emergency. Does anyone have any recommendations?

So far the only thing I have found seems to be zore.
>>
I'd say a small handgun safe with a keypad lock.
>>
>not just keeping your pistol disassembled
>'hold on let me get the key... no that's not it... dangit'
Dude just keep the slide partially disassembled with it in a case or something if you're worried about it.
>>
>>33839373
That doesn't seem safe or quickly accessible.
>>
>>33839373
Bad advice, but advice non the less.
>>33839290
>>33839373
This as a bad, but advi e non the less.
>>33839290
but.. with the way you worded OP I'm thinking bait (curse the green weenie equiv in /k/ for littering and keeping us on our toes) but also opportunity for newfags to learn.

When owning a gun, there are three ways to keep it secure (avoid ND Negligent Discharge):
- Gun in Safe,
- Gun holstered on you.
- Gun is sharply guarded by sentry.
>>
>>33839290
They make fingerprint safes that are relatively quick to access. Just make sure you don't get a shitty one that can be opened by your kid dropping it on its side.

It's also worth noting that they provide zero protection against thieves so don't leave it in there if you're going on vacation or something. Use an actual safe then.
>>
kill yoself nigga. THat way it's not negligent.
>>
Keep your gun pointed at the baby at all times. You can never bee to careful. A bad guy might come into your house disguised as your baby and you'll never know until it's too late, and he's fucking your wife and taking all your stuff.

People think I"m crazy for pointing this out but it's happened before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_wUGcq2R0
>>
>>33839290
If you want a gun lock just get a keyed long hafted pad lock or a bike lock.

Frankly a small safe is a much better option though.
>>
don't keep one in the chamber. pretty sure a baby wouldn't be able to rack a slide.
>>
the AD/ND threads are fun, even though they're fake
>>
>>33839619
I don't think OP is concerned with a newborn fucking baby finding his firearm
>>
>>33839642

k well hes got a good 5-6 years before he has to worry about his good rooting around the house for dad's gun.
>>
>>33839290
Keep your weapon physically on your person at all times this is feasible. While you're in the shower, keep it nearby and make sure junior can't get in, and in bed, sleep on the side away from his crib and keep your gun on the nightstand next to you. Always use a retention holster- I remember at least one story of a dumbass kid getting a gun out of someone's non-retention holster and almost killing them. Get a safe or a locking cabinet for whatever you're not carrying, make sure junior can't get the key- my sister figured out how to use a key when she was 3 or 4, and isn't even terribly bright. But congratulations, and good on you for making the effort to be a responsible parent. If more people were like you, there would be fewer incidents with kids and guns. Remember, when he gets older, don't teach him to fear guns. Teach him to respect them and understand them. You'll do fine.
>>
>>33839290
Don't lock the thing, just keep it out of reach and teach your child respect for guns. My dad had all kinds of guns in the house but I never touched them unless I asked him first, and I always knew what they were capable of.
>>
>>33839612
Can confirm i didnt shoot my baby and he stole all my weapons and my wife. I should have knew something was wrong when he came out black
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.