[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey k i wanna join the military but im unsure about what branch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 1493092921901.png (939KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493092921901.png
939KB, 1000x1000px
hey k i wanna join the military but im unsure about what branch i want to join
halp
>>
marines
>>
>>33834778
reason?
>>
>>33834792
Good pay, benefits, comparatively less work than others branches
>>
>>33834810
Chair force
>>
>>33834810
how so? i thought the quality of life in marines was usually worse than other branches because of funding
>>
>>33834749
If you want a cozy job environment, other than the uniform. Air Force, they take care of you well.
If you want another laid back option, but chance of shit times trapped aboard a ship, navy.
If you want hoorah bullshit brainwashing, marines.
If you want the above, but less so, and more miserable.
>>
>>33834838
>If you want the above, but less so, and more miserable.
army, and lots of mandatory training during offtime
>>
>>33834792
You're a dumb frogposter, so you'll fit right in with the memesters and glue eaters of the USMC.
>>
>>33834846
LOL. you just made my day. OP btw
>>
>>33834821
chairforce desk job can set you up for life.

I did army tank crew member. zero real life skills other than
>hurr durr hire our vets!!
>lol teamwork n uniforms hork hork

enlist, git skills, use gi bill. go to college and get 100k a year doing something valuable.
>>
diffrent person here, what are the engineering corps like? specifically the royal engineers if you can.
>>
>>33834749
Air Force

BUT, take their K-9 EOD wing, highly appreciated job that everyone will call on you for, you might even get to ride along with MARSOC/SOCOM.
>>
>>33834858
what if i just want to be an operator and kill chinks once they cross the line??
>>
>>33834873
It'll never happen. No superpowers will ever war against eachother again.
It'll always be diplomacy and bitchy jabs at eachother through trade and supporting shitlord factions in proxy wars.
>>
>>33834749

go to public library & get book(s) on ASVAB

take the practice test

your strengths & weaknesses should be reflected in the score & greatly help you in deciding

assuming of course you're also physically fit
>>
>>33834873

then go back to /R9K and play video games
>>
>>33834873
don't join the military then. go vigilante.

here's how the military works.
>they own you
>sit here, do that.
>go here
>woops, you're late, so that meas we'll waste time penalizing you because that's the only way we can reach most people instead of talking like a human
>ok, you can do your job for a few minutes
>whoa, we need somebody for a detail. lets go you
>hey, you did pretty good at polishing dicks back there. you can be the company dick polisher
>hey dick polisher, we would promote you but we wouldn't want to waste those dick'n skills
>so you transfer to a new unit
>show up late
>fuck not again
>company turd polisher

you wanna shoot people? be a criminal, or go private security.
>>
File: IMG_4236.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4236.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
>>33834838
My neighbor was a lt. colonel and got like $3,700 or $5,450 a month when he retired. But he was a b52 pilot. So I would have a college degree if op has one
>>
>>33834883
NK isnt a super power
>>
>>33834968
>NK isnt a super power
It'll still never happen, not in a large "troops on the ground" way you are picturing it.
>>
>>33834939
I'm only 32 and only served 4 years in the AF after high school. I'm practically making a $500+ retirement/month already because I buy whatever I have to in my businesses to avoid making enough cash to break the limit to get VA health insurance.
It's like $6000+ a year in savings vs paying for obamacare's disastrous individual isurance plans. IDK what it'd be, but at the rate it was jumping up last I checked, it'd probably be like $500/mo or better in insurance pouring out.
>>
>>33834932
i want the training special forces have to offer and also do what they do. its not the same.
>>
>>33834992
you're on /k/
you are already not SF material
>>
>>33834979
>on the ground" way you are picturin
operators will still do shit behind the scenes though. and also it could happen, there's no way to definitively say it will or wont.
>>
>>33835010
>operators will still do shit behind the scenes though
But the chances of any one military member being part of that operation is fairly small, even if you are specifically signing up and trying to get into it.
>>
>>33835016
well either way i dont really just want to kill people. i want their training an to be able to say that i did it. the camaraderie of my fellow soldiers having gone through the same thing, and if needed do whatever job our country needs us to
>>
>>33835026
see my post here
>>33834999
ok, then just go to any branch and do anything cause camaraderie is a foundation of most military action.

you are literally delusional about what you're going to do in the military. try videogames for your fantasies.
>>
>>33835061
again nope. i just want their training.
>>
>>33835112
see
>>33834810
that's called moving the goal post
>>
>>33834858
Did you like it? I want to drive tanks too but there are never any tankers in MEG
>>
>>33834749
become a PMC, nothing says shooting at kraine like getting paid large ammounts to do it
>>
>>33834749
I would join the military if I were not physically useless.

Hey /k/ucks, what state in the lower 48 is the best for finding good-paying, unskilled labor for someone with a high school diploma?

My dream job is that of a janitor at an elementary school or office building. I would love to work quietly and invisibly, making $14/hr in an area with a low cost of living and using my saved-up money to live a /comfy/ life in a mobile home.
>>
I want to get stuck on a black site in the middle of the ocean where shady military research and training happens and I do technician shit. What branch will let me do that?
>>
>>33834810
>t. Recruiter
>>
>>33834749
Nuke
>>
E-4 maintainer in the Chair force here, join up if you want a semi useful skill, doing my job as a civilian could get me around 60k a year with similar benefits, which isn't awful. Go muhreens or army if you want to sweep the sunshine off the curb for four years
>>
>>33834749
Is your IQ below 50? Marines.
Do you want to see combat? Army Infantry.
Would you like shoddy knees? Airborne.
Would you like a shoddy back? Rangers.
Would you like a job when you get out? Signals, Engineers or Logistics.
Would you like to sit in an office all day/do you hate fitness? Air Force.
Would you like to get some trade skills while taking copious amounts of seamens semen in your pooper/bang phillipino ladyboys three times a year? Navy.
Have you played too much CoD and want to be a high speed low drag badass oper8r? Special Forces.

Hope this helped.
>>
>>33835337
>Would you like to get some trade skills while taking copious amounts of seamens semen in your pooper/bang phillipino ladyboys three times a year? Navy.
yes pls
>>
>>33834810
based recruiter
>>
>>33835228
Intelligence, then HUMINT, then suck a CIA managers dick in the bathrooms at a reception dinner
>>
>>33835337
>would you like shoddy knees
tuck them legs together, boi
>>
>>33835343
Remember, its only gay when youre in port.
>>
>>33834749
Coast Guard
>>
File: edgy marine shit.jpg (100KB, 750x1157px) Image search: [Google]
edgy marine shit.jpg
100KB, 750x1157px
>>33834778
This and not just the Marines, the Infantry

You wanna find out if you're a bitch or not?

Lets see what song you'll be singing when its almost 2 AM and you've been ups since 330 AM, doing patrols and life fire ranges and you've been cleaning you're weapons for almost an hour and half and that goblin in the armory STILL says its not clean enough

Oh and there's the whole combat thing too
>>
Go Navy if you want to join a PMC afterwards and earn $100,000 a year shooting pirates.
>>
>>33835367
Ditches and trees pity no man
>>
>>33835211
Pretty much every one other than the northeast and cali as long as you avoid the major metro areas.

Job prospects for manual labor are slightly better in the midwest than elsewhere as they aren't completely inundated with illegals willing to swing a hammer for $8 an hour.
>non physical labor
>government funded institution
If you wanna be a janitor you'd better either be black or willing to work in Iowa or Minnesota
>>
File: 1459238881164.jpg (56KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1459238881164.jpg
56KB, 803x737px
>>33834778
>tfw too smrt for marines so had to join army
>>
>>33835393
And the fence row in the middle of Luzon and FLAs.

Fuck FLAs.
>>
File: Somali pirates short.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Somali pirates short.webm
2MB, 720x480px
Navy.
>>
>>33835380
>life fire
>cleaning you're weapons

Marine spotted
>>
What is typically done in the coast guard?
>inb4 guarding coast
>>
>>33835211
Not lower 48 but small town Alaska is a good place to live doing low pay work. You can spend your permanent residence bonus(about 1000 a year) on guns
>>
>>33838883
Mostly rescuing drunk/retarded boaters.

If you're stationed in the Gulf of Mexico you also detain or deter illegals.
>>
How hard is cryptolinguist for AF? It would be cool to learn an east asian language and spend some time there
>>
>no one mentioned national guard

Is it that bad?
>>
What do I do if I'm wurstcorean wanting to get some in NK?
>>
>>33839262
It's not a job. You only work one weekend a month. Most of that time, you're drunk off your ass.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.