[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit. https://gun.deals/product/chiap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

What the fuck is this shit.
https://gun.deals/product/chiappa-firearms-500110-little-badger-single-shot-rifle-break-open-166-price-match-free-sh-f
>>
>>33833927
A single shot rifle.
>>
Only use i could see is if you have a possum problem
>>
>>33833927
It's a rifle for poorfags.
>>
>>33833927
I was going to buy that as a backpack rifle, it's a tiny lightweight gun for hunting squirrels and rabbits and other yummy little critters.
Stick a tarp, hammock, water can, some food cans and a few tools here and there plus some rope in a school kid sized backpack and you got all you need to live the good life innawoods for a week.
>>
I kinda wish that it folded flat or sideways or something.

It never gets smaller than the V shape instead of becoming a stick shape.
>>
File: j4_finished_dismantled.jpg (130KB, 1140x492px) Image search: [Google]
j4_finished_dismantled.jpg
130KB, 1140x492px
Make yourself one like this. Longest part is under 14". Total weight with ten rounds in the stock tube is 32 ounces.
>>
File: j4_finished_right.jpg (49KB, 1205x255px) Image search: [Google]
j4_finished_right.jpg
49KB, 1205x255px
>>33834408
Assembled.
>>
>>33834408
>>33834418
>can
DOGGO
O
G
G
O
>>
>>33833927
It's actually pretty fun, yea it's a simple gun and the uses for it are minimal but it's a good starting point to build a suppressed James Bondish gun
>>
>>33834418
How does it fire? It almost looks like an open bolt trigger group. Also any plans available for building one?
>>
>>33834425
Nah. Too quiet to inspire any visits like that.
>>
>>33833927
>$163
Or you can get a simi auto mossberg for $107.
Just take off the stock and it fits in your backpack just fine.
For hunting small animals I prefer to have the ability to simply pull the trigger again if I miss.
>>
>>33834450
No plans. Just improvised. Bolt is single lug at the rear, a larger steel ring brazed to the main tube to reinforce behind the lug. How does it fire, as in what mechanism? A firing pin made from a small drill bit shank soldered into a steel plug, held in place by rare earth magnets around it in the bolt tip. Striker catches on a plunger style sear pin, which is made from a steel roofing nail. Trigger rocking lifts the sear pin clear of the groove in the striker, which slams forward pushed by a spring, striking the firing pin block. Used barrel liner glued into CF tube, soldered into a steel plug for the first inch. It fires nicely.
>>
>>33834480
Dang I have seen pics of a similar nature before, I wish I had the time and guts to just start building something like that. I always work off plans because I'm to afraid to start something and not have it work the way I want.
>>
>>33834458
Sounds like your a shit hunter. Get the job done with one round or you might as well use a full auto or shotgun. Not to mention your missing the point. It's cheap it's simple and it's light there's no need to complicate things
>>
>>33834017
If they offered replaceable barrels so I could shoot 22lr or 22wmr it would be nice. I would also buy the shit out of one of these in 410, maybe it would have to be slightly scaled up but keep the look and operation the same
>>
>>33833940
every possum I've ever seen has had a heart attack when I look at it. I must be pretty scary :(
>>
It's fun, that's what it is.
The sights are shit though, so it wouldn't hurt to replace them.
Remove the bottom rail to get an extra 2" or so of fold
It's single shot so even the shittiest ammo is fine.
Suppressed subsonics through it are cool.
>>
>>33834549
The sights really should be metal, or at least have a metal replacement you can buy, not to mention getting a good sight picture can be challenging and takes some getting used to
>>
>>33834494
It can be frustrating. This was my fourth build. Each rifle has worked, but also taught lessons on how to do better next time. Extraction reliability is the hardest part for me. Chamber walls have to be very slightly tapered and very smooth, extractor hook has to be aggressive and persistent throughout withdrawal of the bolt. #4 does this well. A pinned rocking extractor with small spring at the back end. Double stepped hollow bolt face, with rim of the shell nested deeply and barrel liner also captured in the stepped recess.
>>
>>33834408
>>33834418
Alright now, calm down mister Jackal.
>>
>>33834635
;) Got me. Been off and on obsessed with that film since it came out in the early 1970's. Always wanted that rifle, minus the big ugly wooden crutch buttstock. This is in .22lr not .22" magnum, but otherwise fairly similar. 1950's Weaver B4 scope was a lucky find to help with the look of the thing. It mounts with home made rings cut tapered to slide onto matching steel wedges which are affixed to the cylinder.
>>
File: jackal_bolt.gif (331KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
jackal_bolt.gif
331KB, 640x352px
>>
>>33834458
Where is this semi auto Mossberg for 100
>>
>>33834524
10/10
>>
File: Jackal_film_comparison.jpg (61KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
Jackal_film_comparison.jpg
61KB, 800x542px
>>
>>33834685
Mossberg 702 plinkster.
About $100 at Walmart, sometimes there on sale for $90.
I got mine when I was 13 and it only jammed on me once in all those years, it's super light and reliable as long as you stick with 10 round mags, don't buy the 25 round mags there shit.
>>
>>33834586
Agreed. That's party if the reason why I have a red Dot on mine.
>>
>>33834519
I just made a shim for my 22wmr to reliably shoot 22lr, the chamber seals against the breach really tight so it's not like it spits shit all over you.
>>
>>33833927
Where's the one that looks just like this but fires two different type of bullets?
>>
>>33834652
What did rifle did you base it off of? Or did you make it yourself? I want one now.
>>
You can get a Marlin 795 for around that.
>>
File: j4_finished_left.jpg (70KB, 1400x305px) Image search: [Google]
j4_finished_left.jpg
70KB, 1400x305px
>>33836705
Sorry, thought I was clear about that. Maybe my version isn't close enough to make the resemblance clear? When I was a kid and watched 'The Day of the Jackal' I fell in love with the aesthetic of the whole film, and especially the rifle. Not every aspect of it, but most of the thing appealed to me deeply. I had only shot air rifles at that point, but the seed was planted. Now in my 50's I've gone ahead and used my somewhat elementary machining and inventive skills to duplicate what I liked and improvise other aspects to achieve what I feel is a close enough equivalent for my tastes. It's lighter than the original, but also less powerful so not so much need for strength - I only shoot subsonic .22lr out of the 10" barrel liner.
>>
>>33834408
>>33834418
>>33834652
>>33836918
I agree that it has amazing AESTHICS, could you provide a tutorial on how you made it?
>>
I own one.

Sights suck and it's uncomfortable to hold. I am in the process of putting a scope one it (waiting for levels to arrive) and modifying a shotgun butt pad to extend the stock a bit and make it not feel like a robotic eagle talon in my shoulder.

It's fun squirrel popping though. It's also a $160 new gun so don't expect the world. I like it a lot.
>>
>>33836939
Wow, a tutorial would be wordy and time consuming. I'll try for a point form list of the very basic elements and leave the more obvious details like dimensioning stuff to fit other stuff to your skills and imagination. Starting with the parts list, not including fiddly little bits I made from scraps around the shop.

- Length of thin walled gas pipe, 0.75" OD with 0.050" wall for a 0.65" ID.
- Length of cold rolled steel rod with 0.625" OD. Yup, slightly too small.
- 0.375" steel rod for firing pin block and striker.
- 8mm OD Redman .22" barrel liner.
- 8mm ID x 12mm OD woven carbon fiber tube to reinforce barrel liner after chamber.
- Stainless steel band clamp for sear/trigger spring.
- 3/8" OD steel lamp stand tube for stock main tube, 1/2" OD aluminum tube for threaded T buttstock.
- JB Weld to bond barrel liner to CF tube, other gluing operations.
- Pair of aluminum tripod leg clamps cut down to make scope mounts.
- Old large nut carved to make bolt lug stop ring.
- Scrap short length of 0.75" OD steel rod for chamber area plug.
- Black delrin for a couple of trim bits.
- Smaller nuts and bolts, spring for striker, solder, brazing rod, aluminum welding rod...
>>
File: ScreenHunter_215 Apr. 28 03.29.png (157KB, 906x515px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_215 Apr. 28 03.29.png
157KB, 906x515px
>>33837253
you could cad it.
>>
>>33837253

Making the thing - I have a tiny lathe, facilitating much of this work, including a small milling attachment for rudimentary carving work.

- Started with the main tube, cutting to the length I wanted - about 5.8", polishing inside and out to reasonably smooth after carving out weld seam (a pain in the ass).
- Turned front plug to a slip fit onto barrel liner, soldered liner into this with 1/16" remaining proud at chamber end for extracting brass.
- Carved chamber using modified twist drill bit in lathe, slightly undersized, then polished to an easy fit for .22lr.
- Made the bolt out of the 0.625" rod, drilling it hollow, drilling and carving out L shaped slot for riding the sear pin guide plug, carved out small dovetailed slot for bolt lug and fitted 01 steel rectangle there, brazed in. Drilled/milled/carved front face to provide headspacing on cartridge, snug fit against barrel liner protrusion. Drilled for firing pin. Drilled for 1/8" magnets inserted to retain firing pin while cocked and barrel pointing upwards. Carved for extractor. Cut grooves for 2 rings of 95 durometer polyurethane made to a sliding fit inside main cylinder, to act as quieter, smoother guides for the bolt than steel-on-steel. Turned down and threaded back of bolt for 1/2"-20 threads, made matching cap for spring retention, bolt handle.
- Brazed ring to back of cylinder after carving out notch for bolt lug.
- Soldered scope wedges to top of frame after carving and fitting those to scope mounts, which were much cut down and modified from their original shapes.
- Carved steel into stock/trigger/sear mounting location, various drilling and threading there to fit small parts. The sear is basically a nail being lifted out of a groove carved into the striker rod, with a 3/8" bolt drilled hollow and carved smooth at the inside end to act as a guide and stop for the bolt.
>>
>>33837310
- 1mm x 8mm spring about 2" long to push striker, which is turned down 3/8" steel about 2" long.
- Assembled stock with 6061 tubing welded into a T and threads cut on the small forward nub, springs put into that and at the other end of the tube to damp rattling of the extra rounds inside the tube.
- Delrin made to fit back of stock tube, inside threaded for aluminum T.
- Front of barrel plug was left hollow for about 1/2" to accept 12mm CF tube, which was then glued over the barrel liner and into the steel front plug.
- 7075 aluminum front threaded mount made for suppressor.
- 9" long 1" OD 6061 tube threaded for end caps, 7075 rod made into rear and front plugs for suppressor.
- 10 short K baffles made from 7075 aluminum for suppressor.

I'm probably forgetting lots. Ask if you like. Tried bluing the thing but cold bluing stinks, wears off fast, so went to epoxy paint and baked it. But that glossy look didn't appeal to me so I went over it a while later with VHT engine block paint, metallic grey. Nice stuff, very durable.
>>
>>33837253
>>33837310
>>33837361
Cool. I will fully read and comprehend all of it when Im back from class. Maybe I will try to do it myself sometime.

>>33837307
I would be cool as shit to have a CAD of it. I wish I had some CAD files of break-action shotguns and other firearms to look at in 3D. I am the kind of austist that has trouble transforming blueprints into 3d objects in my head, but that understands perfectly if given to me as a model or sculpture.

You know where to find some CADs like that BTW?
>>
>>33837397
No idea, sorry. I'm a different sort of autist, the kind who can't really think effectively without being elbow-deep in the work. Always been like that. Drove my high school shop teachers nuts. They wanted drawings. I wanted to improvise in wood and metal and see what came out at the end. Some fairly heated arguments with teachers over whether or not I was to be allowed to cut into nice black walnut and such without drawing anything... but it worked out. I do woodworking for a living now, in a specialty few dare to try and most who do fail at miserably. Metal stuff is just a little hobby.
>>
File: loading_badger_0628.jpg (152KB, 630x833px) Image search: [Google]
loading_badger_0628.jpg
152KB, 630x833px
Surprised nobody posted this pic yet.
>>
>>33835219
That was my first gun. Still have it. Reminds me of dad when I shoot it
>>
>>33833939
>A single shot rifle
exactly, when we have options like the 10/22 or the Papoose
>>
File: jfk.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33834635
>>33834652
that scene with Kennedy on the cover of the magazine while they discuss headshots
>>
>>33834418
looks like the gun from day of the jackall
>>
>>33838542
Yes, as I've said twice previously in this thread. That's what I was trying for.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33833927
I like mine.
>>
>>33838595
i hope your not planning a trip to France
>>
>>33838629
In an odd coincidence I'm already there.
>>
>>33838850
If Macron gets elected you know what to do.

(This is a joke plz no Guantanamo Bayrino NSA)
>>
>>33837608
I understand. It happens. I will try to figure it out.
>>
>>33839189
No worries, I've no intention of doing any harm to anyone. Strictly a plinking hobbyist here.
>>
>>33839319
How is the gun situation in France anyway? Are they cucked like the UK or do they have a bit more freedom?
>>
File: Jackals.jpg (123KB, 1000x989px) Image search: [Google]
Jackals.jpg
123KB, 1000x989px
>>33839201
Best of luck to you. I've had a fair bit of trial and error since my first build. Playing with various trigger/sear layouts has been interesting, especially since these are a bit of an afterthought in my constructions. Here is a composite showing the four iterations I've worked through. The first works quite nicely using an integral suppressor, with porting in the 10" barrel. The second uses a 4" barrel and rather long suppressor, K baffles like all of them - this one is very quiet, more of a whoosh than a pop. The third was done using an airgun barrel in .22", again with 10 x 1/8" ports and an over the barrel suppressor - this one still has a lot of trouble with extraction but I will work it out.
>>
>>33839420
It is very different compared to my previous life in the UK. In some ways not nearly so much freedom with firearms. In other ways more flexibility. Just a different set of rules with a different sort of bureaucracy mismanaging them. Fun fun fun. Happily no one is terribly worried about rimfire nor about keeping it quiet, so in that sense it's a civilised sort of place, and not terribly different from England's rules in that regard.
>>
>>33833927

A very, very cheap rifle.
>>
>>33833927
My LGS wants fucking $199 for that
>>
>>33840248
How broke are some of you guys? Or maybe the better question would be how Walmart trained are you? $199 is chicken feed.
>>
>>33837671
ID LOAD HER BADGER IF YOU KNOW WAT I MEAN
>>
I have one. It's fun, and a good "girlfriend" gun.
>>
>>33834017
I have one and I really enjoy it as a backpack rifle for shooting varmints
>>
>>33834408
Id rather not piss off the atf. I dont want a date with tyrone
>>
You know you could probably make a pretty solid single shooter out of a sten parts kit. Im going to get creative here actually.
>>
>>33840812
If in the USA just apply for a $200 stamp for an SBR, wait for it to come in the mail, then get busy working on the rifle. Not that big an issue is it really? If operability without a stock is a concern simply design it such that the trigger can not function without the stock installed. Okay, perhaps not all that simple, but a good exercise in design.
>>
I hadn't really thought about the Badger, but this got me looking it up, esp with hiking season coming up. It's actually got a lot of neato little features for a tiny, collapsible budget gun. Even has a threaded barrel.
>>
>>33841269
Yup. There's even a company video showing it shot with a can mounted:

https://youtu.be/pI7iA0L9zCs

and of course that tall old fart tries one as well though in .17HMR:

https://youtu.be/1KYHX_jYlKk
>>
>>33833927
My freind recently got one. Actually pretty fun and the trigger is super light.
>>
>>33841427
Not that I was looking hard or anything, but the first video, the woman's got her fly undone around the 3:00 mark.
>>
>>33834017
Why not .22 pistol? Or are you in a freedom hating country?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 504x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 504x292px
>>33833927
Why would you buy this when pic related?
>>
>>33842571
It's literally a SHTF hunting rifle. It's super small and compact and would allow you to hunt for food with a minimal weight increase

You would still carry your big meme rifle for SD purposes
>>
>>33834418
Looks like an anorexic sten gun
>>
File: 1493750535529.png (102KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1493750535529.png
102KB, 500x470px
>>33834418
>>
>>33842617
Because the rifle is less than half the price?
>>
>>33842617
cost
>>
>>33837671
ID FINGER FUCK HER BADGER IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
>>
>>33833927
I bet someone will want to ban it for scary features.
>>
>>33844928
It is literally the most nonthreatening gun ever made.
>single shot
>.22lr
>manually cocked
>>
>>33844964
It's black and has railz though
>>
>>33843084
Uh...where?

The Little Badger sells for $250-300USD here. I can get a used MkIII for under $200 or a new one for $275.
>>
>>33833927
I will never understand the reason behind any of these purposefully-underperforming weapons. A bolt action is hardly heavier or more bulky for much more utility, and a semi auto is nearly in the same boat.

If it absolutely has to fold in half then just make a rifle that comes with a sort of dust cover that rests on the outside when assembled and flips inward to protect the innards when it is in its folded state. Hell even without that there is already stuff like the Sub 2000 which has more power in a marginally more bulky package.

Just because you can kill a coyote with a toothpick doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>33844928
>>33844964

Just think like they do. It's fun, in a sickening sort of way.

"Clearly the Chiappa Little Badger is an assassin's dream. It's small, light, and folds up into a package that will fit in a child's backpack. Its break-action means that it does not throw incriminating brass after the deed is done. It has five military-style rails for mounting laser sights, and has an adjustable stock for even more concealability. Worst of all, it has a threaded barrel, allowing hitmen to attach a silencer for absolutely quiet, lethal murder. It's cheap and disposable, allowing anyone to afford the ability to deal undetectable death and then pitch the evidence. We expect that it will be used in a percentage of all crime if it is allowed to remain legal."

...I feel unwell after writing that.
>>
>>33845485
Holy shit m8 you should try to get a job as a Hollywood writer that feels exactly like the sort of shit you would hear from the mouth of a no-gunz celebrity
>>
>>33845485
>lethal murder
What, pray tell, is non-lethal murder?
>>
>>33845578
It's not as double-plus ungood as the lethal murder the Badger deals out.
>>
>>33845109
Perfect for somebody you don't know that well to shoot.

Even if they accidentally shoot something, it's just 22, and only one time with no panic pulls.
>>
I like a lot of chiappa guns but ill never own one

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/chris-dumm/chiappa-hidden-rfid-chip-ids-gun-owner-forever-or-not/
>>
File: M6-Scout.jpg (78KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
M6-Scout.jpg
78KB, 900x600px
GRAMPA COMING THROUGH
>>
>>33845109

>2.5lbs
>made to fold in half and then shoot small game that doesn't shoot back

HURFF DURFF GET A SUB2K
>>
>>33833927
It's an Ar15 built to meet California's gun laws
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.