[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me fellow Senpai I get range anxiety and get self conscious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Help me fellow Senpai

I get range anxiety and get self conscious to shoot in front of people at the range which in turn makes my hands kinda shake and throws me all over the the target.

Because of this I always end up talking myself out of going shooting and end up watching Youtube shooting videos with jealoush.

Needless to say my practice isnt up to par and feel embarrassed at my accuracy or lack thereof.
Has anyone ever delt with this? Id rather go outside and shoot but I'm not sure where to go.

Does it get better thr more you do it?
>>
File: 1493435966064.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493435966064.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>33830134
bring your gf with you so you're not alone
>>
>>33830150
She's really not into guns and I would rather not.
>>
>>33830134
do you legit have clinical issues with anxiety? if not, just blast some music under your ear protection. don't be ashamed to shoot at 5yds. the more you worry about external shit, the harder it'll be for you to hit where you're shooting. your only focus should be on your front sight. literally no one is watching a normie like you
>>
>>33830134
>doesn't want to train with his weapons
>perfectly fine with gut shooting his game and letting it suffer horribly
>not willing to practice his own fucking defense because he's "shy"

get out there and train with your fucking weapons or give them to someone who will
>>
>>33830181
No I dont have anything clinical but I am self conscious about doing things in front of people.

You actually touched on something I forgot to mention. I'm also embarrassed to shoot at a close distance.
>>
>>33830210
Thanks Edgelord Chad.
>>
File: BSAP.jpg (112KB, 845x858px) Image search: [Google]
BSAP.jpg
112KB, 845x858px
>>33830134

Basically you just have to learn to not care, no one is looking at you.
>>
>>33830134
>>33830226
>I get range anxiety and get self conscious to shoot in front of people at the range
>I am self conscious about doing things in front of people
> I'm also embarrassed to shoot at a close distance
What the fuck, anon. Were you abused or something as a child?
>>
>>33830226
5 yds is fine. that's what normal people shoot at. as far as they know, you're a first timer shooting. your slot for you to shoot in is YOUR place for the hour or so you rent it (assuming they have dividers, as they should). no one can see you.

going to an outdoor range is most likely not going to change that, unless you live in bumblefuck usa, where you have a shitton of property to shoot in privately. which i assume you don't, since you go to the range
>>
File: 1486873966132.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486873966132.gif
997KB, 500x700px
have a smoke or something, I always shoot better after a cigarette
>>
>>33830274
Just never been an outgoing person. Spent most of my teenage years playing vidya and being a NEET so you know.
>>
>>33830325
>Spent most of my teenage years playing vidya and being a NEET so you know.
Ah. Can you go when it's not so busy? maybe get used to shooting around small number of people and then you'll be comfy. Also you're overthinking it, anon. Nobody is watching you or gives a fuck as long as you're not being an unsafe cunt.
>>
>>33830325
you don't have to be outgoing to shoot at a range at all. i am also self conscious when i shoot - you could count the number of times i've gone on two hands. it took me 2 trips to convince me to get my own though.

my reaction to how bad i am? curse under my breath when it looks like shit.

if you're concerned about aim, get a rifle w a scope
>>
>>33830308
Thats not bad idea actually! Though I only smoke when I drink.
>>
>>33830352
now you will smoke when you shoot, as well.
>>
>>33830284
I live in mid size city but an hour drive and can find some empty space to shoot in. Should I stay at five yards for a few sessions then raise the distance?
>>
>>33830373
as a fellow noob shooter, watch this vid. it will help a shitton. you can practice dry firing at home too. guarantee you you'll hit your target pretty quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMYzJpD4n8

right now, i'm shooting decently at 7yds - took me about 2-3 trips to get it down. i think i'll need night sights to shoot at 10 though.
>>
>>33830343
Your right. Its not like I'm paying attention to anyone around me so chances are they could care less about me.
>>
>>33830426
you just need to buckle down and do it. once you actually do it, it'll get easier. like i said, just focus on your sights and you'll be fine. check that vid i linked too. and practice dry firing at home.
>>
>>33830344
Well I certainly don't make a fuss about being a bad shot. I would usually just finish my ammo and get out. It isn't helping me get better so your right I shouldn't let something like that hold me back.
>>
>>33830392
Your the shit Senpai I appreciate it!!
>>
>>33830445
Hes a question. Do I use the dot of the front sight itself or right on top of the front sight?
>>
if its any consolation, I dont think Ive ever looked at anyone elses targets or paid any attention to any other shooters in other lanes unless they were complete bumbling retards. Im pretty sure most Kommandos are the same way in that when were at the range were pretty focused on our own accuracy and destruction to look around and be like "Ha look at that pleb who cant hit the target at X amount of yards"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.