[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /k/, In this thread, you are my lawyers. I recently made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 1483175945742.jpg (336KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483175945742.jpg
336KB, 720x960px
Dear /k/,

In this thread, you are my lawyers.

I recently made a post detailing the events surrounding how a local police department illegitimately came into possession of firearms that I legitimately own. Those details are as follow...

>5 years ago
>blackout drunk
>wanted to end it all
>mother and father come to my house
>take possession of my firearms by my own free will, secured in trunk of her car
>call for ambulance
>local PD respond
>take me for 72 hour hold, no big deal
>con naive mother into giving PD my property
>local PD later tells me I need a permit to purchase to retrieve my property that is illegitimately in their possession, or a note from counselor

I wasn't able to produce the note because I couldn't afford to see the counselor anymore due to no insurance. When my girlfriend moved out with my kids (insurance was through her policy) I had no insurance, hence no note. 'Merica!

>last week e-mail Chief of Police
>tell CoP I'd rather not sue his dept for infringing 2A rights
>CoP tells me I'll hear back within a week regarding my request
>property room e-mails today
>says I need p2p to transfer into my name firearms that my state doesn't require transfer of

Minnesota doesn't require registration, yet here I'm being told that their policy is to require a transfer.

I've told them I'd rather not sue their department, but it seems like they're leaving me no choice. What do I say to the property room clerk to get around her (((policy))).

Questions welcomed, and thanks in advance.
>>
File: MNWin.jpg (97KB, 595x624px) Image search: [Google]
MNWin.jpg
97KB, 595x624px
>>33828617
>Minnesota

Sup buddy? This sounds like a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>33828657

It's not really a nightmare, I just don't want to be made to do more than I need to do to get my property back.

I could get a p2p or a ccw permit, but under the letter of the law I'm not required to.

Just standing up for my rights.
>>
>>33828697
>but under the letter of the law I'm not required to.

This is prob a stupid question but did you hit them with the exact law and where it is found?
>>
>>33828617

>threatening a lawsuit
>can't afford a lawsuit

Guess what? You fucked yourself.
>>
>>33828758
It's a $400 filing fee and I have a jew lawyer to split the winnings with...

How again is it that I can't afford the lawsuit?

Fuck outta here
>>
>>33828715
Not yet, but this is the advice I'm after so I will include the statute. Thanks
>>
>>33828780

>can spend $400 on filing fee
>not $400 for a counseling session
>>
>>33828815
that's not on the table now as an option
>>
>>33828825

Perhaps if you didn't sperg out on the CoP it would be.
>>
>>33828825
Either work out payments or beg/borrow/steal some money for an attorney.

your other option is to get fucked by the long dick of the law.

Might be a longshot, but if you're an NRA member, they might help you.
>>
>>33828845
I didn't "sperg out".

my email was eloquent and thoughtful, looking out for both of our best interests.

The fact that that was presented originally has not been forgotten and will be brought up in future emails.
>>
>>33828697
whats more important to you getting your shit back or proving some point that only you will give a single fuck about?
>>
>>33828617
>In this thread, you are my lawyers

this is the first thing that screams "this guy shouldnt have firearms"
>>
>>33828940
well, the constitution is fairly important to everyone I'd imagine
>>
>>33828973

gun rights for crazies isn't a thing anymore.
>>
>>33828973
OP, may I ask what county or jurisdiction has your shit?
>>
>email counselor
>"yeah this is so and so, I need a note from you saying I'm mentally stable"
>few hours later, check email
>"sure thing anon, come by at (blank):30 and I'll fill it out for you
>"sounds great, thanks!"

That's literally all you have to do
>>
>>33828697

FFL here. As I understand it, they just want you to pass a background check? According to the ATF , you don't need to fill out a 4473 to be transferred your own possessions. If you were only in the psych ward for 72 hours, you were voluntarily committed and they can't hold your property.
>>
>>33828986
Minnesota, USA

According to their department (((policy))) I need to jump through hoops that aren't required by the state.
>>
>con naive mother into giving PD my property

That's where you went wrong, you should have just gotten your guns from your mom and if she won't give them back call the cops on her for stealing your guns.

Frankly I hope they keep your guns cause your too stupid and crazy to understand the law.
>>
Just give it some time. You're going through a rough patch doesn't sound like you immediately need the things back. They probably think they're doing you, and maybe someone else a bit of a favor dragging it out.
Bitching about your insurance, then apply for the permit it takes like a week or some shit it's surprisingly quick in my county at least. Besides if you can't afford insurance how the fuck would you hire a lawyer if you had to use it in self defense? It's not hunting season so what else are you going to use it for?
If I were a cop and you came at me with that lawyer shit when you haven't attempting anything they instructed you to like a note or a permit I'd fucking laugh after we get done talking and throw your paperwork at the bottom of a pile.
>>
>>33829010
except for the fact that I was no longer a paying customer they had no obligation to help me.

Let alone putting their neck on the line for someone that wasn't giving them their shekles anymore
>>
>>33829038
>>33829057

people who need their reading comprehension skills reassessed.
>>
>>33829027
Yes, I got that. I am asking which department. I know a couple of cops around the south metro.
>>
>>33829106

I'm north metro, with a few PD friends and lawyers in the family.
>>
>>33829062
So you didn't even try. Don't lie and say you did.
>>
>>33829073
He got put on a psych hold. He's lucky to get the things back at all. It's free to file for a permit to purchase it's like one freaking piece of paper that takes less than 5 minutes to fill out. People getting all butt hurt over muh rights there is nothing fucking weird happening here, sounds like he's just blowing this out of proportion since his old lady left him.
>>
>>33829137
>with a few PD friends and lawyers in the family.

Here's a perfectly rational question.

Why are you asking a bunch of dorks on a Canadian chicken photography website about this stuff when you have some legal-smarts around you already?
>>
>>33829243
>sounds like he's just blowing this out of proportion
/bread
>>
>>33829230

Ok, I won't lie and tell you that I did.

fuck off
>>
>>33829243

I'm not your typical lawsuit happy nigger and would rather handle the matter on my own at no cost to the state, or tax payers to the state.

Foreign concept to a lot of you apparently, but there are still decent people around.
>>
>>33829250

perfectly rational answer...

I'm just looking for input (negative/positive) from a tasmanian basket weaving website. I'm smart enough to take what I need a leave what I don't.
>>
>>33829288
>there are still decent people around.
while i am really not in the mood to talk about that sort of thing im just going to state the obvious
most people on 4chan belong in a gulag desu
>>
>>33829354

yeah, a gulag or worse ... but the fact is that there still are.

I'd love a new house, a few cars and my children's college tuition paid for, but I'd be just as happy getting my $700 worth of wood and steel back without jumping through unnecessary red tape.

But if my hand is forced to summon the jew, then that's what I need to do.
>>
>>33829425
>$700

Just buy some new guns.
>>
>>33829449

no, but while I welcome you to allow your rights to be trampled over, I refuse.
>>
>>33828617
1. Drunk as fuck.
2. No safe, or key with untrustable. Unsecured weapons.
One count of full fuckery.
You deserve for your pieces to be smelted and tossed.
>>33829288
>Not lawsuit happy.
>Not starting a tribunal to gaurd rights or joining one with sim interests.
>Not enjoying watching cops back off or pay by conditioning
>>33829354
Desu~
>>
>>33829425
Trust me. Lawyer jew isn't the real person you want. Hivemind jew is where it's at.
>>
>>33829515

>hivemind jew

pretty sure that's why I'm here
>>
What the fuck ever happened to
>not your personal army
sage
>>
>>33829574

i think you're on the wrong board faggot
>>
>>33829574

>zomg everyone prank this phone number!!1!
>>
well thanks for the advice...

reference state statutes

always appreciated /k/
>>
>>33828617
You need to either jump through the hoops of the police department or get a lawyer. Either way, it will cost you money (although being civil rights based some lawyers will wave any fees). The question is how pissed at the department are you?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.