[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, so I'm planning on joining the Marines. Got a 57

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: desiretoknowmore.jpg (41KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
desiretoknowmore.jpg
41KB, 640x512px
Hey /k/, so I'm planning on joining the Marines. Got a 57 in the ASVAB. Hopefully I can get late 60s or early 70s in the final. Anyway, a lot of the recruiters were mentioning how I got probably join up with the body bearers (due to the fact that I'm pretty /fit/ at 6'0). Apparently all they do is lift everyday but I would need to join up with the infantry first. Any anons here know more about them/been one? If you really enjoy lifting is it worth it? Thanks.
>>
>>33826827
>late 60's
You're gonna do fine in the infantry, son.
>>
>>33826827
If you feel like staying a simple resourceful man. Do it anon, i would be more than happy to work on retaining your when reen comes. Otherwise i highly advise studying a Prep book and and scoring higher for other good jobs in the corps, then go civ side.
>>
>>33826962
Judging by his grammar, I wouldn't take this guy's advice.
...oh wait you want to be a marine. Do what he says
>>
>>33826962
I know what my strengths and weaknesses are. I'm not really the STEM type. My strengths all tend to lie in physical shit. I'm studying, taking as many of those free exams as I can. If I get a 70 or 80 I'll be fine..but I'll probably still stick to infantry.
>>
>>33826978
> obvius bate is obvis... Nah

>>33826991
You know what they say brother, you do you, it's them or you, cya, and live for another day
>>
I remember I scored lower 90s, probably partly from some lucky guesses. Would that really have opened up that many more options or would I just have been seen as a better candidate for certain stuff?
>>
File: ree.jpg (2KB, 120x101px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
2KB, 120x101px
>>33826827
>I'm planning on joining the Marines.

>tfw wont even bother trying to because terroristic threats when i was a kid
>>
>>33826827
how the fuck do you score a 57 on the asvab you retard
>>
>>33827259
It's the math that gets me.
>>
>>33826827
>Tfw you get 85 without trying and knowing shit about the mechanical section
High iq feels good.
>>
Remember most private sector jobs are shit too. Military ain't bad for young man. Maybe go army if you got tired eating crayon
>>
>>33828757
I don't really browse /k/ but why is it that most people here bash the Marines? Is it just bantz or what?
>>
>>33826827
Good for you, son! Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today
>>
I'd say this is bait, but I remember when I took my ASVAB they wouldn't let this other guy take it because he had failed to reach the Army cut score (50 I think) three times within the past few months.

I got 98 with 2 days of casual studying, 5 years out of high school.
>>
>>33828956
Times have changed, gramps.
>>
>>33827331
Hell yeah. Winged it and got a 94. Feels good.
>>
>>33826919
Mobile Infantry is what made me the man I am today!
>>
>>33827150
Fuck, i feel this.
>mention feeling sad once in middle school
>signed up for two therapists and three different types of medication
Way to fuck me for life, school
>>
>>33828862
>Is it just bantz or what?
Oh, sweetie...
>>
>>33830523
you actually dont have to mention your medical history, well technically you do, but they cant find out if you lie.
>>
>>33829116
This is so funny it physically hurts me.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.