[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light trigger modifications on your conceal carry weapon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Light trigger modifications on your conceal carry weapon, good idea or nah?
>>
File: itstape.jpg (102KB, 633x623px) Image search: [Google]
itstape.jpg
102KB, 633x623px
No, because there's a legal can of worms associated with it.

Also, you're better off just taking that money and spending it on ammo, practice, and training.
>>
File: 1447709672369.png (483KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
1447709672369.png
483KB, 640x455px
>>33826732
sure, as long as you aren't a retarded negligent fuck. For /k/ id say no because they'd shoot their dicks off. For anyone who isnt negligent, maybe.

Lightened springs can cause failure to fires, and it doesnt matter when the adrenaline is running.

TLDR it doesnt matter, just carry the gun how you want faggot.
>>
Short answer: no
Slightly longer: it's your gun do whatever the duck you want
Longer: why? Any benefit from modding the trigger can be accomplished by practice. Only reason I can see for doing so immediately would be if the factory triggers are unreliable
>>
>>33826760
Fudd detected
>>
>>33826760
Retard

>>33826785
Smart

>>33826922
Pretty true
>>
>>33826760
Shove a can of worms up your ass, dumbfuck.

>>33826732
Don't bother, just spend the money on ammo and get good with your gun as it is. Save hair triggers for your target guns.
>>
File: Protek 2.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Protek 2.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
I got to handle some of these custom proteks and I honestly am really convinced that this style of gun with a DA/SA light trigger is the best options for CC.
>>
>>33826989
It's what I was thinking, other than possible legal issues since the court will use anything against you
>>
>>33826760

weapon modifications aren't going to get you fucked in court. the only time that may come up is if you have some real memey ammo like RIP rounds or those stupid haram bullets that have pork in them or whatever.
>>
>>33827041
Heres a firearms lawyer telling you he's never seen a case where something like that was a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsaI5raGZfA
>>
>>33826732

Is the trigger uncomfortable, unreliable or unresponsive? If so, consider it.

Is the trigger a good trigger that's a bit heavy? I'd suggest training to use the heavier trigger instead: Remember that an overwhelming majority of the time, you will be handling the firearm without any intent of shooting it, and even perfect handling cannot account for freak accidents, which may be hedged against by having a less sensitive trigger.

I'd personally avoid it: There are more than enough stock pistols with excellent and light triggers if you need a better response.
>>
File: 1911.jpg (92KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
92KB, 500x712px
>>33826947
>>33826969
>>33826989
>>33827088

If you watch this dude's video, you'll note that his is a sample size of 20.

Additionally, lightening your trigger increases the chance of an ND. Which could get you in trouble, and prosecution would love to argue a subjective thing such as that.

If you want a gun with a decent trigger, shoot it until it smooths out or buy something that is good out of the box that you like.
>>
>>33827396
No, he said the DA pulled from a sample size of 20 cases. He looked for examples of this and couldn't find it. You can't prove something doesn't exist, so he might have missed one, but him not being able to find it still means it's incredibly rare if it ever happened at all.
>>
>>33827396
That would still come down to the person being an idiot and not the fault of the gun
>>
>>33826732
terrible fucking idea
>>
>>33827766
What a your opinion in why it's a terrible idea?
>>
>>33827945
What's*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.