[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start shooting but don't know a lot about guns.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: cible.jpg (260KB, 1560x1548px) Image search: [Google]
cible.jpg
260KB, 1560x1548px
I want to start shooting but don't know a lot about guns. What are some good handguns for beginners?
>>
>>33825991
Glock 17/19 and CZ-75's are both good, reasonably priced starter handguns.
>>
File: Colion-Noir.jpg (43KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
Colion-Noir.jpg
43KB, 660x371px
>>33825991
Shitposting Predictions for this thread:

>Glock vs 1911
>Glocknade or anything polymer
>milsurp recommendations and fuck all else
>CZ fags that get no (you)s
>Hi-points
>22 lr fags that only get (you)s from other 22 lr fags
>that guy that recommends a Browning Hi Power and gets no (you)s
>>
File: alaska flag.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
alaska flag.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33825991
get the glock
>>
>>33825991
something with a manual safety.

understand the differences between single action only, double action only, and SA/DA, figure out what you want, then start looking from there. come back with a "which striker fired DAO pistol do i get" etc and you will get slightly """"slightly"""" less shitposting

1911 is probably the hardest pistol on the planet to fuck up or ND with
>>
File: 1491633925075.jpg (431KB, 927x618px) Image search: [Google]
1491633925075.jpg
431KB, 927x618px
Glock 19, upgrade the sights, buy a fuckload of ammo and shoot it. Avoid forking over large amounts of dosh on instagrammy $200 TiN coated barrels

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3592-ToddG-for-Beginners

And I'll give these mindblowing revelations to most people who tout this as a fact

>how a gun feels in your hands=/=how it actually shoots
>a newbie does not even know how to properly grip a handgun
>>
Glock, 1911 or CZ (or CZ clone) in 9mm (or .45 in the case of the 1911).

All three guns can be customized like crazy and about 90% of serious competitive shooters use those guns.

So just start out ahead of the game.
>>
File: dotm month 1 results.jpg (736KB, 1921x3074px) Image search: [Google]
dotm month 1 results.jpg
736KB, 1921x3074px
>>33825991
get whatever you like from a reputable manufacturer (I like HK/Glock/Beretta) and read this: https://www.scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1
>>
If you've never fired a gun before, something in 22lr. If you have, whatever fits your hand good and has features you like. The quality of most major firearms nowadays is very close, barring differences in polish and machining. You'll find as many shit hi point and Taurus stories as you will CZ, Ruger, or Glock
>>
>>33826048
>Posting this nog

Confirmed troll bait.
>>
>>33825991
Any of the Ruger .22's.
>>
Fnx9
>>
>>33825991
Glock 17 was my first gun. Best ever. Low maintenance, easy to clean, fires well.
>>
>>33825991
Sig P226
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.