[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from the NRA show. Do any of you have experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: xcr.jpg (19KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
xcr.jpg
19KB, 600x476px
Just got back from the NRA show.
Do any of you have experience with the XCR?
the engineer displaying it was very passionate about it, but i want an opinion from someone who doesn't have any financial stake in the product.
>>
no one?
>>
>>33823905
They really aren't that popular around these parts. I hope to god they make different rails for that rifle, because that sample is one ugly fucker.
>>
>ROBinson
Good luck getting spare barrels or any part that breaks for that matter. This company has a habit of good designs executed poorly.
>>
The biggest issue for me is robinson arms. They have god aweful CS. Feel free to google for other sources. Based on this alone, i wouldnt even think about the xcr. As far as the gun itself, kind of an oddball choice like a beretta or a sig mpc, theyre different and that might be worthwhile in and of itself. Otherwise if youre looking at similar rifles, something like a scar 16 or bren 805 or even the bm acr are more popular with bettet support
>>
>>33823905
So, I just looked up the prices. Buy a SCAR if you want an ultra-reliable, overpriced 5.56 carbine. FDE or you'll be bullied for loving the BBC (big black carbine).
>>
Heard the ceo was a douche and threw a bitch fit when someone asked for a spare part, and just doesnt give a fuck about civilians.
>>
>>33824515
I kind of got that impression from talking to him.
I asked him about his opinion on Chrom-moly over DLC and nitride.
he went on a spiel about how the nitride barrel lasted half as long in continuous fire situations, and got indignant when I told him most people can't own machine guns
>>
>>33824540
I should clarify that "continuous fire" means he said he used machineguns
>>
>>33824540
this reads like that milky way copypasta
>>
>>33824540
Chrome moly will prevent electrical infetterance
>>
the company are complete faggots and the rifle doesn't bring enough to the table to justify its existence
It's basically a SCAR with autism
>>
I wonder how much money it'll take for him to part the rights to the M96?
>>
They're popular up here in Canada because of the restrictions we have on AR15s and other modern black guns.

The new ones are actually really good rifles with the keymod handguards and light barrels. Top notch machining, very precise rifles, good triggers, excellent controls. They're worth the price up here, maybe not in freedomland though.
>>
>>33827065
So wait what restrictions are there in canada that ban regular ARs but not these things?
>>
>>33827241
not the leaf but we had a similar issue in MD. Pretty much a lot of gov bans don't just ban certain types, but will also ban explicit weapons by name, like some bureaucrat was just listing off everything in that ever looked scary in an action movie. On top of that you have corporate shills who make sure the language of the laws allows for their particular brand or model to slip through letting them corner the market before the other manufactures can catch up or make compliant weapons.

for example, under Maryland law the FAL, M1A, ruger AR556 and Galil are explicitly banned but an FNC, polytec m14, and ruger SR556 are ok.
>>
>>33824591
The CEO of the company is a complete cock, it got to the point he would routinely berate customers sending XCRs in for warranty work and would nearly always try to void your warranty for any reason he could think of. Nowadays they pretty much keep him away from the phone because they had to keep reimbursing customers after he flipped his shit.

The rifle is pretty good though, you can find similar in the SCAR-16 and Bren however and then you have a lot less chance of meeting a cock if you need warranty work.
>>
A friend was there also
Said the cz p10c is godlike
>>
Isn't the only reason to own one of these is being a leaf?
>>
File: XCR-L w-scopes 2.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
XCR-L w-scopes 2.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>33827798
That is disappointing. I've wanted one of these for a while but just had other things take priority of the funds. I love the design..
Oh well. Theres always another gun.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.