[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good beginner's pistol? The 1911 looks so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1490406579358.jpg (64KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490406579358.jpg
64KB, 960x540px
What's a good beginner's pistol? The 1911 looks so expensive, but I know literally nothing on guns. Obviously I will take training before purchasing or even using said pistol.
>>
Ruger Mk2 or Mk3 in .22lr ["Twenty-Two Long Rifle"]

And buy cleaning supplies for it too [general tip, but it's good habits to form to keep your gun clean]
>>
>>33819402
G19
>>
>>33820532

kek
>>
>>33820540
Says the fag recommending .22 lr
>>
Depends which 1911 you were looking at bro...

I've seen some ATIs sell used for $250 and new for $340.
>>
>>33819402
Hi point 45mm
>>
>>33820545

Says the guy recommending a gun notorious for being ND'd by inexperienced users.
>>
>>33819402
G19, You can get a great deal on a gen 3 right now
>>
>>33820561

Do you want OP to ND?
>>
>>33820558
If you follow the basics nothing will happen. Guns don't shoot themselves. Even guns without safety levers.
>>
>>33820573

Carefully avoiding my point, I see.
Because there's nothing you can do to argue against it.
>>
>>33820571
Maybe. I'm just trying to get him on the fast track to operator status. A few NDs maybe even an ND into the leg is worth it imo.
>>
>>33820586

You have a point, but he should get a G20 instead, because it's more OPERATOR(TM)
And by using double charged rounds, he can train twice as quickly.
>>
>>33819402
Any .22 revolver.
>>
gb2 casey
>>
>>33820601

finally a reasonable suggestion
>>
>>33820547
are those any good though?
>>
>>33820584

Funny thing is, I came from the range with my 19 so I decided to clean it. Only problem is me and my bud picked up a sixer on the way back and had a few... Just a few. Really. That was enough for me to fuck up big time. I tried to take my 19 down with a mag still in. I was wondering wtf was going on until I realized the mag was still in and ejected it. I accidently chambered a new round after ejecting to do the take down. I would have shot myself fiddling my gun trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong. Never again.

Dont get the glock OP, I take it back.
>>
>>33819402
1911s are great, if you like them get one. Basically you should avoid anything small, light, or overpowered. As a beginner you will need a lot of practice, so it should be comfortable to shoot a lot.
>>
>>33819402
Have you looked at a Beretta 92fs? Was my first gun and I loved it. Its gorgeous and really accurate for the price. Only downside is its a full frame pistol and has heft to it. Don't get an A1 though. The rail fucks up those sexy Italian curves.
>>
File: Ruger_SR9_Pistol_009.jpg (634KB, 2400x1798px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_SR9_Pistol_009.jpg
634KB, 2400x1798px
>>33820627
cheap 1911s function though you would really be better off buying any other gun in the same price range as a practical gun.
when the choice is between a budget bottom of the barrel 1911 and a 9mm doublestack that has twice the capacity and is lighter its not that hard
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.